Interesting interview Dean Marlowe -discusses Diggs, Allen (out of market radio)

CorkScrewHill

Dean Marlowe from Virginia was on a Richmond Va radio station with Michael Robinson (realmikerobb from NFL network - self proclaimed mid-atlantic Bills mafia ambassador). I like listening to the out of market radio shows as player tend to be a little more open. 14 minutes long.

Coach preaches Kaizon (constant improvement / constant growth)

https://thefanrichmond.radio.com/blogs/wes-mcelroy/bills-safety-dean-marlowe-breaks-down-the-teams-chemistry

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 1

• CorkScrewHill changed the title to Interesting interview Dean Marlowe -discusses Diggs, Allen (out of market radio)

Think it's Kaizen, but yes, a great concept, getting better every day, fixing your problems, think [along with return of key players from injury] that Bills every week are getting better, and every week their problem areas get better.  Would love to see the running game get better with 2 -3 January games in the 716.

Edited by BearNorth

15 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Think it's Kaizen, but yes, a great concept, getting better every day, fixing your problems, think [along with return of key players from injury] that Bills every week are getting better, and every week their problem areas get better.  Would love to see the running game get better with 2 -3 January games in the 716.

They just ran for 180+ yards against the Broncos.

I think the running game is a lot better than it was early in the year.  It just is clearly the backup plan most weeks and they only sprinkle it in sparingly until they want to run clock like the did late in the Pittsburgh game successfully and late in the Denver game successfully.  When they determined that should be plan A against the Patriots earlier in the year, they put up almost 200 yards on the ground...

The run game is OK...people just need to understand that everything in this offense is designed to go through Allen like it does through Mahomes in KC.  The running game is only used when needed to keep teams a little off balance and is not the focus of their strategy.  That doesn't mean they can't run the ball, it just means they know it is foolish to take 5 yards over 15-20 most of the time.

Kaizen is Japanese word.  The intrepretation here is correct, initially applied in Japan to manufacturing systems.  (particularlly the Toyota Manufacturing System) but by others as well.  I knew the word 40 years ago, and am not surprised to hear that McD uses the concept..... Kaizen is a pretty universal notion.

12 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Kaizen is Japanese word.  The intrepretation here is correct, initially applied in Japan to manufacturing systems.  (particularlly the Toyota Manufacturing System) but by others as well.  I knew the word 40 years ago, and am not surprised to hear that McD uses the concept..... Kaizen is a pretty universal notion.

As demonstrated so well in the Michael Keaton movie Gung Ho so long ago.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice interview.  It’s great to see the Bills getting recognized for running such a solid organization.  Marlowe was well spoken and clearly another “process guy” buying into the McDermott and Beane culture.  

I hope this team can take us to the prominence and win the SB.  

14 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Nice interview.  It’s great to see the Bills getting recognized for running such a solid organization.  Marlowe was well spoken and clearly another “process guy” buying into the McDermott and Beane culture.  

I hope this team can take us to the prominence and win the SB.  

If he was not a "process guy" he would not have been cut so the Bills could do their IR season at start of season and then bring him back.

• Like (+1) 1