draft 2005

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book but, no we take a wide receiver what the hell is TD smoking don't get me wrong Parrish is a fine player but not a need pick. Frank Coyle in his Draft Report rated Parrish an 80. Where is the o-line help?. I liked Adam Terry or David Baas. What about Travis Henry is he going to rot on the bench. We should have moved up in the second round to take Khali Barnes or David Baas. There are ten teams that have really helped themselves in the draft. The Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, Jets, Browns,Vikings, Cowboys, Panthers and Bears to name a few.

We can still get line help tomorrow. The guys we likely wanted for OL and DL slots were gone before we picked. Those that proposed trades, remember it takes a willing partner.

I for one, and not elated, but not disappointed either.

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book but, no we take a wide receiver what the hell is TD smoking don't get me wrong Parrish is a fine player but not a need pick.  Frank Coyle in his Draft Report rated Parrish an 80.  Where is the o-line help?.  I liked Adam Terry or David Baas.  What about Travis Henry is he going to rot on the bench.  We should have moved up in the second round to take Khali Barnes or David Baas.  There are ten teams that have really helped themselves in the draft.  The Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, Jets, Browns,Vikings, Cowboys, Panthers and Bears to name a few.

315557[/snapback]

And Mel Kiper knows more about the talent than TD, Modrak and the Bills scouting staff.... :w00t:

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book but, no we take a wide receiver what the hell is TD smoking don't get me wrong Parrish is a fine player but not a need pick.  Frank Coyle in his Draft Report rated Parrish an 80.  Where is the o-line help?.  I liked Adam Terry or David Baas.  What about Travis Henry is he going to rot on the bench.  We should have moved up in the second round to take Khali Barnes or David Baas.  There are ten teams that have really helped themselves in the draft.  The Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, Jets, Browns,Vikings, Cowboys, Panthers and Bears to name a few.

315557[/snapback]

first, how come you use mel kipers ratings to get a boost and then Frank coyle to make the pick (parrish) look bad?

second, i liked baas too. did you see where he was drafted? we didn't have a chance. our only trade bait was henry. all the other teams in league seem to have the same opinion we do. he fumbles all the time. hes hurt all the time and he's a cancer in the lockeroom.

what should we have used to move up?

if Hawthorn is so great, how come he hasn't been drafted. stick to your day job

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book but, no we take a wide receiver what the hell is TD smoking

315557[/snapback]

Hopefully, not what Hawthorne is.

Both those guys got red-flagged on character issues. The talent is there, but it was there for Wicky too.

315557[/snapback]

If the Bills only win 4 games in '05 you're right. If they win 10 games you're dead wrong.

I prefer to get 10 games into a schedule before I make judgements about the previous draft.

315557[/snapback]

Donahoe did try to move up the draft, trying to package a move with Henry, but he had no takers. All the possible trading partners, Ari, Phil, TB, and even Tenn took Henry-like runners in the draft.

And while they Bills do have needs at OT and DT, it should be noted that they had a difficult time stretching the field all through 2003 and the beginning part of 2004.

Donahoe and Modrack probably believe that the team needs more than Lee Evans to spread the field for McGahee.

Who knows, maybe Munoz or Hawthorne will fall in the 4th round to the Bills, or they'll nab Shelton when he's cut from Arizona. Whoever they put at LT, will face fewer 8 man fronts thanks to the extra speed on the field.

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book

315557[/snapback]

maybe TD forgot to order his copy this year :w00t:

i suppose it would make TD and his staffs job alot easier than sitting thru countless hours of game footage and traveling around the country to watch these players in person

but its hard to say whether we picked the wrong players just yet. gotta wait for the ultimate measure of a player...

their ratings in Madden 2006

315557[/snapback]

JOESIXPACK.......why did you change your screen name??? :D

We should have drafted CB Justin Miller or DT Annaj. Hawthorne both rated a 91 on Mel kipers 2005 Draft Report blue book but,

Hawthorne is still available. In other words, 32 NFL teams don't think that he is worth to be picked in the first three rounds.

The thing I don't understand is your making your judgements based on how Mel Kiper had Parrish rated. But if I remember correctly, Kiper had Parrish as the 28th best player in the draft in his top 100 and gave him a rating of 9.1 So if you go by your criteria we got great value and a steal at pick #55.

315557[/snapback]

I love both the picks. Awesome job TD and company.Open up the offense and spread it out. How can any team cover all our weapons? These guys are coming out of a pro style offense and will be ready to play day 1. Roscoe will return kicks and Everitt will see the field on 3rd down. As small as roscoe is, he is very difficult to contain 1-1, and once he gets the ball he goes straight for the end zone. How can we draft Baas when he's already been drafted ahead of our pick? Did you even watch the draft?

I look at it this way. The Bills were 25th in offensive yards last year. It's been said that both of these guys can see the field and contribute NOW. With a rookie QB and a need to make the playoffs it make sense to me.

Some of these teams draft like they are re-building EVERY year, and that's why they end up 4-12 every year. The Lions can't get the draft or free agency right. The last four years they are 2-14, 3-13, 5-11, 6-10. One more win a year with all of those high picks?!!!