Some info on Diggs and Tre Injuries

MAJBobby

32 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Did you see him when the walked him to the tent?  He didn't look like he even knew what city he was in or what day it was.

I saw this. And I knew he wasn't gonna play for the rest of the regular season based on it. I hope they took care of him.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you guys remember what play (quarter, down, distance) he got injured on?

I'd like to have a look at it in Gamepass

I believe he jumped to avoid accidentally hitting Lock when it would have resulted in a 15 yard penalty and sort of landed on his head as a result. At least that's what I spotted in real time. It was the same play that Butler was shaken up. 

50 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really, where I come from, that usually a good thing.  Just ask Robert Kraft!

Did you see him when the walked him to the tent?  He didn't look like he even knew what city he was in or what day it was.

Yep , caught a quick glimpse and I don’t think there is any doubt he sustained his second concussion in a relatively short time frame. Didn’t see. Exact mechanism but did not see some huge traumatic hit that  stood out. Need to recheck film but as we know it is easier to get subsequent concussions with less and less trauma.  Obviously will be placed in computerized NEURO testing protocol( scat 5). . Given how close the second apparent concussion was , it would not surprise me if this could be season ending.  Would be surprised if an independent neurologist cleared him to return within 3 weeks from a second concussion so recently.  He may have lingering post concussive symptoms even for a while as things tend to worsen with each trauma. He is a rookie , a backup , and no need to risk his career or even life with too rapid a return.   He may be a phenomenal healer but having a second concussion so rapidly( within same season)  is a big  red medical flag., esp regarding pro football.   If he was that woozy from something else ( pain fro a fracture , active hemorrhaging, etc ) perhaps he could return relatively quickly.  But if this is another traumatic brain injury , I think it MIGHT be inappropriate to recommend he return before a month, tho there is no absolute consensus on when to return to play.

We do know people with multiple tbi’s tend to clear symptoms more slowly. No one recommends returning until 100% symptom free post exercise.  Knowing how cautious Mcd has been with things like ankles , partially torn pecs, I find it hard to fathom he will be ready for the playoffs. Think you have to be extremely cautious with someone so young as another brain trauma could risk his career and there is some risk of second impact syndrome ( rare but more common in males between 13-23) as swelling may occur more rapidly with subsequent injuries.  Also risk for CTE is cumulative. Just thoughts on multiple concussions if that’s what he is disguised with : sure looked confused , dazed etc.   PrAyers for him , heal quickly , but realize football is risky enough without repeated short interval brain trauma. Must think long term imho and hope he is honest about being 100% symptom free before returning. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I believe he jumped to avoid accidentally hitting Lock when it would have resulted in a 15 yard penalty and sort of landed on his head as a result. At least that's what I spotted in real time. It was the same play that Butler was shaken up. 

Thanks.  If anyone else wants to take a look it's 5:46 in the 4Q.  It looks like a freak thing, he is trying to leap over Drew Lock just as Lock rolled over onto his back with his legs up, and Epenesa got caught on his legs.  It didn't look like a deliberate thing by Lock to me.  Epenesa needs to do some gymnastics this off season he landed very awkwardly.

Epenesa got up and jogged off the field dapping people up.  He looked pretty unsteady on the sidelines though.

Here's Banged Up Bills initial list of injuries:

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And then Tre Saying he feels fine during his interview. I think we dodged a bullet. 

Boy I was worried about that I had to record the game just got done watching it and why we was up big I told my wife you can win a game but lose with injuries as soon as I say that white goes down then they say diggs is hurt but glad to hear it’s nothing. So proud of our bills I love it.