Jets forum...so low....

foreboding

17 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Does this surprise anyone? This forum would be low as well. JuJu would not be my first choice, Robinson would be. And players play for money, if a team is willing to pay out the arse then they will play for them. If i were you i would focus on how well your team is playing and stop focusing on a team that is the worst in history.

Do you have prove of that? Link please. 

Biggest Gase fan of all time, trust me, he thinks Gase is the next greatest thing.

Now the NFL needs to institute a lottery? Because the Jets suck? I guess people didnt want that after the Colts sucked for Luck? We had a coach that made a terrible play call but he has always been aggressive. They played hard against the Raiders and had that game won. But we need a lottery now because of this.....

I wanted a lottery after the Colts, actually during the season, you could tell they were tanking, thought it was bs.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Belichik thinks Lawrence is that good, he will absolutely find a way to lose that last game to the Jets.  Past time that NFL institutes a draft lottery.  

this would be one time Id applaud Hoodie for his ability to really walk that fine line.....

Do it!  That would be epic

The Jets aren't in the worst position to rebuild if they get Lawrence. They have Seattle's first round pick this year and next year which should help any team rebuild, they have Darnold who they could flip for I would say at least a 2nd round pick which can help add a piece, and they have a lot of cap space. The issue with the Jets would be that they would need to fire their GM and coach and execute a singular vision for the team. They need to follow the blueprint that the Bills did with McBeane. Granted the Bills had Whaley in for a few months, but I think McD sold himself as needing the call on who the next GM would be. 

Overall I think the Jets like most teams that will be drafting number one overall simply in need to do a proper 3 year rebuild with a GM and coach brought in together. If they can get the QB and coach right that's 70% of the battle right there. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets aren't in the worst position to rebuild if they get Lawrence. They have Seattle's first round pick this year and next year which should help any team rebuild, they have Darnold who they could flip for I would say at least a 2nd round pick which can help add a piece, and they have a lot of cap space. The issue with the Jets would be that they would need to fire their GM and coach and execute a singular vision for the team. They need to follow the blueprint that the Bills did with McBeane. Granted the Bills had Whaley in for a few months, but I think McD sold himself as needing the call on who the next GM would be. 

Overall I think the Jets like most teams that will be drafting number one overall simply in need to do a proper 3 year rebuild with a GM and coach brought in together. If they can get the QB and coach right that's 70% of the battle right there. 

GM Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract. He isn't going anywhere. Gase will definitely take the fall for this season. JD will get to pick his own HC assuming the Johnson's don't interfere.

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

GM Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract. He isn't going anywhere. Gase will definitely take the fall for this season. JD will get to pick his own HC assuming the Johnson's don't interfere.

I would scrap Douglas and start fresh. But fortunately I think you are correct and Douglas selects the coach. 

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

The Sabres are the drought Bills of the NHL. If they don't make the playoffs next season they will own the longest postseason drought of all time

The Sabres have been much worse than the drought-era Bills IMO.  

At least the Bills were somewhat mediocre most of the time and would actually provide for some hope and entertainment.  Even if it was fruitless, eternal, in-the-hunt dreams.  Other than the Mike Williams and Darius seasons, they never really bottomed out, and never finished worst in the NFL.  

The Sabres have been plain bad.  Like worst-in-the league for large stretches of the time, included full seasons buried as worst in the league.  The NHL has >50% of its teams qualify for the playoffs and the Sabres have barely had a sniff past New Year's in any of these seasons.  

Add in the things that get rubbed in our faces like OReilly winning the Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe and Lehner becoming a top goalie and Vezina Candidate.  They are a really tough team to root for

Tis the season, and reading the OP I thought, those poor kids in Sombertown...

Good to be a Buffalo Bills fan watching good football being played by a good team in meaningful games late in the season.

Can empathize a bit, but we've been there done that. Our "bad weather" fan dues are paid up for a few decades worth of positive karma.

image.png.bbceb4488f84b9d896bb8da2d4959d92.png

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The Sabres have been much worse than the drought-era Bills IMO.  

At least the Bills were somewhat mediocre most of the time and would actually provide for some hope and entertainment.  Even if it was fruitless, eternal, in-the-hunt dreams.  Other than the Mike Williams and Darius seasons, they never really bottomed out, and never finished worst in the NFL.  

The Sabres have been plain bad.  Like worst-in-the league for large stretches of the time, included full seasons buried as worst in the league.  The NHL has >50% of its teams qualify for the playoffs and the Sabres have barely had a sniff past New Year's in any of these seasons.  

Add in the things that get rubbed in our faces like OReilly winning the Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe and Lehner becoming a top goalie and Vezina Candidate.  They are a really tough team to root for

It's rare that a single player elevates a football franchise.  Stafford was picked #1 and they are 0-3 in the playoffs over his 12 seasons.  Jared Goff and Wentz helped their teams get to super bowls, but neither was a tank worthy player.  Burrow seems like he'll be a good/great player, but he didn't necessarily flip and put that team over the hump.

Mahomes went 10.  Watson went 12.  Allen 7.  Wilson was in the 3rd.  

I disagree on a draft lottery.  If you go 0-16, its so difficult to flip that into 13-3.  Probably takes 2 or 3 seasons to even sniff playoffs.  By that point your qb just became incredibly expensive, and now you're forced to somewhat dismantle what you built.  Not to mention, QBs with unparalleled ability flame out.  

In hockey, or basketball - if you have unparalleled ability, you control the puck/ball.  You can succeed all on your own.  A qb needs weapons, an offensive line, and a coach to make it all come together. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I would scrap Douglas and start fresh. But fortunately I think you are correct and Douglas selects the coach. 

Totally agree.   I keep hearing how good Douglas is but he had money and draft picks this offseason and blew them both.   It would be different if they were 4-11, but my goodness they are 0-13, you dont get that stink off of you.

51 minutes ago, dneveu said:

It's rare that a single player elevates a football franchise.  Stafford was picked #1 and they are 0-3 in the playoffs over his 12 seasons.  Jared Goff and Wentz helped their teams get to super bowls, but neither was a tank worthy player.  Burrow seems like he'll be a good/great player, but he didn't necessarily flip and put that team over the hump.

Mahomes went 10.  Watson went 12.  Allen 7.  Wilson was in the 3rd.  

I disagree on a draft lottery.  If you go 0-16, its so difficult to flip that into 13-3.  Probably takes 2 or 3 seasons to even sniff playoffs.  By that point your qb just became incredibly expensive, and now you're forced to somewhat dismantle what you built.  Not to mention, QBs with unparalleled ability flame out.  

In hockey, or basketball - if you have unparalleled ability, you control the puck/ball.  You can succeed all on your own.  A qb needs weapons, an offensive line, and a coach to make it all come together. 

Im not a big fan of the lottery either, and that goes for hockey too.  IMO I think NBA has the most need for it because it seems that it is completely predictable, and it seems so easy just to overhaul a roster/team overnight.  

In the NHL and NFL, you have to cut deep to get to #1.  That is a huge risk and likely stunts your team's growth potential.  The Bills wouldn't be where they are today if they weren't scrappy in their transition years of 2017 and 2018.  This is true with the Dolphins as well.  The #1 pick is also a risky proposition.  Andrew Luck battled injury and then just decided to retire.  Lots of #1 picks dont end up as good as the #5, 7, or 10 picks who are selected on a team with a better infrastructure.  I'm sure NFL players really wouldn't like being on a tanking team as they are putting their health on the line and are made to look bad in their short career earning window.  

And lastly, fans of a team like the Jets really need a light at the end of the tunnel.  How awful would it be for them if they got screwed by some cloak and dagger lottery and ended up picking 4th or something.  That also opens the door for conspiracy feelings that do not sit well with fans.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Totally agree.   I keep hearing how good Douglas is but he had money and draft picks this offseason and blew them both.   It would be different if they were 4-11, but my goodness they are 0-13, you dont get that stink off of you.

I liked Douglas's approach to the 2020 off-season philosophically. He went for depth and avoiding weak spots over big top heavy signings. But his more expensive singings have ranged from average (Fant) to underwhelming (McGovern) and his more low key singings like Van Rotten and Andrews have been busts. The only good thing that you can say about Douglas was that his signings are easy to get out of and won't tie down the Jets long term and that he drafted Becton who looks to be a really good talent at LT. 

Douglas's first draft class looks like ass outside of Becton, his free agency crop was a bust and I just don't see why you would have faith in the guy to install a new coach and get a new draft class and free agency class to help out a new QB. Just scrap it all and start over with a new QB and a good LT. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1