Bills depth chart: Norman ahead of Wallace. Discuss.

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Norman won't be with the Bills next year...at least not at that $6M.

One of the Bills Podcast had the Bills mismanage the cap this year by keeping the following on the roster:

* Trent Murphy -   $8M towards the Cap

* Tyler Kroft    -    $4.5 towards the Cap

* Norman   -    6M towards the cap

If we had cut these three people. we would have been able to add that 20M to next years cap that will help you sign Milano, Williams, Feliciano.

We can still sign all 3 with some restructuring. I’m not that concerned about being able to resign all 3 because of this year’s contracts. 

Wallace is opposite Tre. He’s gonna get picked on and was right there on a lot of plays last week. Maybe that bogus PI had him playing a step slower. Either way I think communication is big for this defense and I suspect this is why they can’t quite roll with Dane Jackson. Although I’m very excited about him next year competing for CB2. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

No idea, likely because we seem to need every swinging Ricardo to play STs that isn’t a undisputed #1 roster spot, that and Sean won’t take my calls so I can convince him otherwise, can ya believe this guy...

Go Bills!!!

Going out on a limb here.
it might take hundreds of reps to learn this defense. Bills , as did all teams , had no camp and no preseason to Play football.
Count me as a Jackson fan. His first game and his missed tackle, then his strong recovery tells me he will get on the field sooner than later.

Kid can play ball

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Going out on a limb here.
it might take hundreds of reps to learn this defense. Bills , as did all teams , had no camp and no preseason to Play football.
Count me as a Jackson fan. His first game and his missed tackle, then his strong recovery tells me he will get on the field sooner than later.

Kid can play ball

He sure can👍

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Wallace hasn’t played great but Norman isn’t the answer. Wallace was at least close enough to make a play while Norman was just getting flat out beat.

I agree, Wallace just didn't seem to have an extra gear to make a play on the ball several times, but he was in position. I think he can find that extra effort, but I don't see Norman being in position to make a play against fast wr's.

Just play whoever looks better in practice. As far as the CB position is concerned, we need to upgrade 1 outside spot (Wallace, Norman) and the slot (Johnson, Neal). I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of taking an outside CB in the 1st if there's good value there.

Edited by GreggTX