Racist or Not Racist?

JaCrispy

https://christiansfortruth.com/school-district-in-washington-state-considers-asians-too-smart-to-be-considered-students-of-color/

Sooo, according to the article, you can only be a “student of color” if you don’t perform well, academically?  Sounds good...that way, all the “non people of color” are the smart ones...I like it...😉 (And yes, I’m being facetious.)

I feel, in an effort to “fix” racism, society, sometimes, overcompensates, and it turns into...racism...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not racist.  Stupid, but not racist.

Agreed.  

This policy strikes me as being influenced by anti-vaxxers who are using historical incidents of racism to set up a court case to get the entire policy of requiring all students to be vaccinated for specific diseases.   New York State requires all students at public and private colleges and universities in the state who take more than 6 credit hours to show proof of immunity for several diseases.  Exemptions are granted only for medical or religious reasons.

The historical incidents this policy is based on involved medical experiments and medical lab research that exploited Black subjects without their knowledge and without compensation.   I don't know that other minorities were also exploited in similar ways.   None of the immunizations required by New York State are experimental ones but have been around for about 50 years, and some of them like the polio vaccine have been around for more than 60 years.  They were effective in virtually eliminating childhood diseases like polio, measles, rubella, and chicken pox until recently when the anti-vaxxer nuts started using social media to peddle their lies.

I would not want to get sick and die in college,  but if I did, I suppose I would take comfort in the fact that my illness may have resulted only from the best intentions of some supposedly really dumb smart people.   

No, not racist, but certainly playing Russian Roulette with the health and safety of the community it purports to serve. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Because everyone should get vaccinated, otherwise they put themselves at jeopardy.

They also put others at risk. Some people cannot be vaccinated because they are allergic to some ingredient in one or more vaccines or have other health issues. Contrary to the anti-vaxxer propaganda, so-called "childhood diseases" can cause death or serious life-long consequences.   For women who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons, exposure to rubella while they are pregnant can produce birth defects in their unborn children.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

They also put others at risk. Some people cannot be vaccinated because they are allergic to some ingredient in one or more vaccines or have other health issues. Contrary to the anti-vaxxer propaganda, so-called "childhood diseases" can cause death or serious life-long consequences.   For women who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons, exposure to rubella while they are pregnant can produce birth defects in their unborn children.

Good point

On 12/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, Wacka said:

Racist or Not Racist?

DNC, BLM, Antifa- Racist.

I think, in general, some people’s intense allegiances to their ideologies, can sometimes lead them to act in racist ways towards people they may disagree with...I believe that racism can come from any group or individual, whether intentional or not, no matter what side of the political spectrum they may reside on...

But, to more specifically answer your question, I have seen members of these groups act in racist ways towards both black AND white people...But I don’t think that makes these groups, as a whole, necessarily racist...

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What that he was upset at people making fun of people getting upset at something stupid.

I think the video creator just thought it was weird that the two black woman were making a racial issue out of a boxing match, where the white fighter had knocked out a black fighter...they asked him if he felt racist for doing so...

I think the video creator was just trying to illustrate that some people view everything through the prism of race, whereas others, like him, do not...And according to the response of the white fighter, it seemed he did not view the fight through that racial prism as well...

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I think the video creator just thought it was weird that the two black woman were making a racial issue out of a boxing match, where the white fighter had knocked out a black fighter...they asked him if he felt racist for doing so...

I think the video creator was just trying to illustrate that some people view everything through the prism of race, whereas others, like him, do not...And according to the response of the white fighter, it seemed he did not view the fight through that racial prism as well...

They were all laughing at the question this is like wokeception making an 11 minute video out of absolutely nothing.

DNC-Only cares about minorities in election years. Other times, could care less

BLM-  All lives matter, not just black ones. Also don't care about all the black lives being gunned down in cities by other backs. 

Antifa- Just  modern day F'n Nazis. Racist by definition.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Wacka said:

BLM-  All lives matter, not just black ones. Also don't care about all the black lives being gunned down in cities by other backs.

This has always been such an annoying response, no one one is saying all lives don't matter this is obviously about the perceived actions of society/government that seem to imply that Black Lives don't. The black on black crime argument is also ridiculous that's like saying you can't worry about the Lion in your house because their is also a Tiger.

• Like (+1) 1

I guess the almpst 700 people  killed  in Chicago  this year don't matter, because BLM is doing nothing to reduce that #.  It's not the cops doing that.

Plus the leader of BLM is an avowed Commie.

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I guess the almpst 700 people  killed  in Chicago  this year don't matter, because BLM is doing nothing to reduce that #.  It's not the cops doing that.

Plus the leader of BLM is an avowed Commie.

Please let me know if I should untie you from the tracks or defuse the bomb strapped to you.

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I can't 2020 anymore.  Something has gone horribly wrong.  Maybe it's all those vaccines they jack you up with since birth.  

*That comment on vaccines has been disputed*

Sounds like somebody’s not happy about getting grounded for staying out passed their curfew...😂🤣🤣