Trump's Legal Machine Grinds to a Halt

WideNine

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

How did these states not follow their own laws?  The only issue I'm aware of is Pennsylvania allowing ballots to be received after election day if they were post marked by election day.  Those ballots were segregated.  I believe that case is still pending, but has no chance of changing the outcome of the election.  Trump should want those ballots to be counted since he is so far behind.  Besides, Its fun to watch him lose a state again and again and again.

Read the Texas filing.  It goes into detail for each State. The link was posted above.

It's not my complaint.  It is their complaint.  I was just pointing out that Texas isn't trying to overturn any other State's laws, like the other poster said.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Read the Texas filing.  It goes into detail for each State. The link was posted above.

It's not my complaint.  It is their complaint.  I was just pointing out that Texas isn't trying to overturn any other State's laws, like the other poster said.

Yes they are, they try8ng to get the court to throw out the results in four states that voted against Trump. Crazy. This is an attempted coup against the voters of this country 

• Like (+1) 1

17 States Join TX Supreme Court Suit Delaying Elector Appointment

https://thenationalpulse.com/politics/schaffer-election-fraud/

Here's the evidence of widespread Election Fraud

The establishment keeps claiming there’s “no evidence of widespread fraud” in the 2020 presidential election. That was never entirely accurate, but now it’s a whopper of Clintonian proportions.

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

The establishment keeps claiming there’s “no evidence of widespread fraud” in the 2020 presidential election. That was never entirely accurate, but now it’s a whopper of Clintonian proportions.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/12/07/trump-campaign-appeals-another-ballot-case-in-pennsylvania/

• Haha (+1) 1

The ironic part of this latest farce is that Trump and his Trumplicans' rush to pack the federal judiciary and SCOTUS with conservative justices insures that they won't get a hearing in the SCOTUS.   Conservative judges tend to be strongly in favor of states' rights and are NOT going to favor a group of states attempting to interfere with the electoral processes in another group of other states.     

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

This is how low the bar now is...The basis of this lawsuit is that "The fraud was undetectable...but it was there" 

Really....that is actually what the lawsuit says....

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, snafu said:

The Texas case (IF it gets to the merits, BIG if) isn't about Texas complaining about the content of the other states' laws.  Texas is  saying that the elections officials in the other states didn't follow their own laws without leave of the legislature.

Texas or any other States has no legal rights to claim that officials elsewhere didn't follow the rules set by their own legislatures....... The United States doesn't have a national election for president........ It has a series of state elections, and one State has no legal standing to challenge how another State conducts its elections any more than Texas could challenge how Georgia elects its senators........ Can't be clearer than that ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Texas or any other States has no legal rights to claim that officials elsewhere didn't follow the rules set by their own legislatures....... The United States doesn't have a national election for president........ It has a series of state elections, and one State has no legal standing to challenge how another State conducts its elections any more than Texas could challenge how Georgia elects its senators........ Can't be clearer than that ! 

Yes, the standing hurdle is why I said:  "IF it gets to the merits (BIG if)".  Your initial post referred to Texas challenging other State's laws, not the failure of Officials failing to follow the laws.  There's a difference.  

Though I'd say that 18 States' Attorneys General argue that they do have standing.  I'm not saying whether I agree with them because I'm not going to read the laws and cases they cite to form my opinion when we shall find out very soon.

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

There's also a truckload of court rulings going back as far as the Early National Period (pre-1830) and continuing to the present that says that state election rules cannot be changed after votes are cast.   

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Yes, the standing hurdle is why I said:  "IF it gets to the merits (BIG if)".  Your initial post referred to Texas challenging other State's laws, not the failure of Officials failing to follow the laws.  There's a difference.  

Though I'd say that 18 States' Attorneys General argue that they do have standing.  I'm not saying whether I agree with them because I'm not going to read the laws and cases they cite to form my opinion when we shall find out very soon.

All this tells me is the anti-Democracy sedition is not contained to just "crazy trumpers" and is actually the current standing of the entire Republican party.

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

All this tells me is the anti-Democracy sedition is not contained to just "crazy trumpers" and is actually the current standing of the entire Republican party.

Okay.  Nobody's stopping you from believing what you want to believe.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Welp, the Kraken is officially dead.

Last ‘Kraken’ Slain: Court Notes ‘Federal Judges Do Not Appoint the President,’ Wonders Why Sidney Powell Asked

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/last-kraken-slain-court-notes-federal-judges-do-not-appoint-the-president-wonders-why-sidney-powell-asked/

Whoops... Wonder that the bootlicking Cult of Trumpsters are going to do now... Remember don't vote if you live in Georgia b.c the democrats have the election rigged.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Whoops... Wonder that the bootlicking Cult of Trumpsters are going to do now... Remember don't vote if you live in Georgia b.c the democrats have the election rigged.

Judge Pepper's used the wrong word in her judgement.  She wrote “Granting the relief the plaintiff requests would take the court far outside those limits, and outside the limits of its oath to uphold and defendant the Constitution.”  The correct would would be 'defend'.  Clearly this is grounds to appeal this directly to the Supreme Court.

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Welp, the Kraken is officially dead.

Last ‘Kraken’ Slain: Court Notes ‘Federal Judges Do Not Appoint the President,’ Wonders Why Sidney Powell Asked

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/last-kraken-slain-court-notes-federal-judges-do-not-appoint-the-president-wonders-why-sidney-powell-asked/

I thought it transformed into a spider or something.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sidney-powell-accidentally-reveals-mystery-spider-witness-thanks-to-redaction-snafu

What cool new inaccurately serious sounding name will they make useless next?

PA's response...good they picked up on the stupid one-in-a-quadrillion claim. Hard to believe the Texas AG quoted that "expert" with a straight face. Ignoring that the mail in ballots were cast by a different set of voters than the in-person ones seems like a pretty basic assumption to overlook.  

Excerpt:

PRELIMINARY STATEMENT

Since Election Day, State and Federal courts throughout the country have been flooded with frivolous lawsuits aimed at disenfranchising large swaths of voters and undermining the legitimacy of the election. The State of Texas has now added its voice to the cacophony of bogus claims. Texas seeks to invalidate elections in four states for yielding results with which it disagrees. Its request for this Court to exercise its original jurisdiction and then anoint Texas’s preferred candidate for President is legally indefensible and is an afront to principles of constitutional democracy.

What Texas is doing in this proceeding is to ask this Court to reconsider a mass of baseless claims about problems with the election that have already been considered, and rejected, by this Court and other courts. It attempts to exploit this Court’s sparingly used original jurisdiction to relitigate those matters. But Texas obviously lacks standing to bring such claims, which, in any event, are barred by laches, and are moot, meritless, and dangerous. Texas has not suffered harm simply be- cause it dislikes the result of the election, and nothing in the text, history, or structure of the Constitution supports Texas’s view that it can dictate the manner in which four other states run their elections. Nor is that view grounded in any precedent from this Court. Texas does not seek to have the Court interpret the Constitution, so much as disregard it.

The cascading series of compounding defects in Texas’s filings is only underscored by the surreal alternate reality that those filings attempt to construct. That alternate reality includes an absurd statistical analysis positing that the probability of President-Elect Biden winning the election was “one in a quadrillion.” Bill of Complaint at 6. Texas’s effort to get this Court to pick the next President has no basis in law or fact. The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated.

Edited by shoshin

9 minutes ago, shoshin said:

PA's response...good they picked up on the stupid one-in-a-quadrillion claim. Hard to believe the Texas AG quoted that "expert" with a straight face. Ignoring that the mail in ballots were cast by a different set of voters than the in-person ones seems like a pretty basic assumption to overlook.

But I mean the argument that if things were exactly the same as when Trump won in 2016 how could he lose in 2020 is brilliant...unless of course things aren't the same as 2016 at all.