Voter Fraud Fraud: Postal worker featured by Republicans as evidence of vote tampering admits he made it up; GOP donors gave him $130,000

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”

Hopkins did not respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment. But in a YouTube video he posted Tuesday night, he denied recanting. “I’m here to say I did not recant my statements. That did not happen,” he said.

Newman will ensure mail-in vote fraud because... : seinfeld

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Based on past experience we know the FBI is less than trustworthy too.

and this would be what the one guy who got in trouble for changing background information in an email? Clearly that must mean the entire FBI is politically biased. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Looks like wapo it's about to get sued again

He says he recanted nothing, and stands by it

https://mobile.twitter.com/BdieforGOP/status/1326326684635848711

So he's sticking by his hearsay story with no evidence.  I overheard someone said pigs can fly yesterday.  Must be true then, right??  How long are you willing to let this go on without seeing any actual evidence??  A month, 2 months???  Why is your side hiding the evidence from you??  Why would they?? Have you ever asked yourself that question???  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

So he's sticking by his hearsay story with no evidence.  I overheard someone said pigs can fly yesterday.  Must be true then, right??  How long are you willing to let this go on without seeing any actual evidence??  A month, 2 months???  Why is your side hiding the evidence from you??  Why would they?? Have you ever asked yourself that question???  

I'm not here taking anybody side. I read the thread

And he's calling Washington Post out

Saying he has not recanted anything

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not here taking anybody side. I read the thread

And he's calling Washington Post out

Saying he has not recanted anything

They were just reporting what they were told.  They didn't claim it.  Now, if it turns out he did indeed tell the IG he recanted, then are you ok with him being sued/convicted, or is that the big, bad WAPO taking advantage of the lil guy??  Remember, you're not taking sides.  

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

They were just reporting what they were told.  They didn't claim it.  Now, if it turns out he did indeed tell the IG he recanted, then are you ok with him being sued/convicted, or is that the big, bad WAPO taking advantage of the lil guy??  Remember, you're not taking sides.  

Anybody who lies under oath should be able to be convicted or sued

If he's calling out Washington Post, and it turns out he's lying, then he's no good either, and whatever happens to him he deserves

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody who lies under oath should be able to be convicted or sued

If he's calling out Washington Post, and it turns out he's lying, then he's no good either, and whatever happens to him he deserves

Let's not forget to call out anyone who ran with a hearsay story to begin with.  I want election fraud as little as the next guy.  I just want the proof.  If you claim these things w/o proof you're hurting the USA.  If I was a right-wing nutjob, and the Democrats were doing this, I'd be screaming TREASON

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

This guy sounds like the definition of an unreliable witness, but he has stepped in it now. 

Got caught lying, and signed a sworn affidavit, later recanted; I imagine he received a call from a someone on Trumps election attack team that said we know a guy who can pardon anyone...double-down and say you were coerced, so he flops the other way.

Whatever.

Edited by WideNine

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

No going to lie, it would be pretty cool to see the Biden ran USPS sue the Trump campaign, Fox News, Drudge, et. al for libel and slander. Not sure on the logistics and there would probably be a high burden to show that those parties absolutely did not know what they published was not true but it would hopefully stop these kinds of baseless attacks in the future.

6 hours ago, daz28 said:

lmao, you gonna cry ?