Draft Thread

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another draft with no first-day picks used on offensive linemen. While in Buffalo, TD has found only two permanent offensive line starters via the draft. Both came on the first day.

This idea he has about using good OL coaching to make up for a lack of OL talent is the same mentality the Giants had the last year they had McNally as their OL coach. You know why they fired their coaching staff at the end of the year? A lousy offensive line led to a lousy offense; and therefore a lousy team.

But what do we have instead? A guy who--if he works out well--will become our #3 WR? Another guy to add to our stable of TEs? Because after all, having Neufeld, Euhus, Campbell, and that big UDFA isn't enough depth at that particular position. I mean, if you want a low-IQ guy to create matchup problems at TE based on his physical potential, we already had someone like that on the roster.

Oh, and it looks like we will have a year of TH's services as a backup RB instead of getting something of value for him in a trade. Lucky us.

It also looks like Clements will be leaving a year from now, with us getting zero compensation. Thinking about how good this draft might have been makes me mad!

Oh, and it looks like we will have a year of TH's services as a backup RB instead of getting something of value for him in a trade. Lucky us.

It also looks like Clements will be leaving a year from now, with us getting zero compensation. Thinking about how good this draft might have been makes me mad!

315566[/snapback]

While I am not saying if Roscoe was a good pick (because frankly I don't know much about the guy), I will take issues with these two comments.

First, the fact that Justin Miller was sitting there at 55 and TD opted not to take him is a sure sign that he believes a long term deal with NC is in the cards. Maybe preliminary talks w/ NC's agent has gone well. How are we to know? In this instance, we have to give TD the benifit of the doubt.

As for not getting anything for Henry, it is far too early to jump to that conclusion. Even if Henry isn't dealt this weekend, I have no doubt he will be moved in Training camp when an injury happens. And holding onto him until then will net the Bills a better pick in the 2006 draft (a deeper and more talented draft than this year's version).

There is still hope.

Another draft with no first-day picks used on offensive linemen. While in Buffalo, TD has found only two permanent offensive line starters via the draft. Both came on the first day.

This idea he has about using good OL coaching to make up for a lack of OL talent is the same mentality the Giants had the last year they had McNally as their OL coach. You know why they fired their coaching staff at the end of the year? A lousy offensive line led to a lousy offense; and therefore a lousy team.

But what do we have instead? A guy who--if he works out well--will become our #3 WR? Another guy to add to our stable of TEs? Because after all, having Neufeld, Euhus, Campbell, and that big UDFA isn't enough depth at that particular position. I mean, if you want a low-IQ guy to create matchup problems at TE based on his physical potential, we already had someone like that on the roster.

315566[/snapback]

pac-man, go ahead and submit your resume to the NFL. with your keen insight and ability to second-guess, there's no doubt several teams will be beating down your door, asking you to come in and make their personnel decisions.

why do i keep coming back here? why? :w00t:

Pro Football Weekly draft guide:

Positives - Very well sculpted with good muscle development and thick limbs.  Can get seperation and stretch the field.  Looks the part.  Very impressive on the hoof.  Has a 39.5 inch vertical jump.  Can make acrobatic catches.  Gets into his blocks quickly.  Was challenged by Kellen Winslow to a footrace in practice and beat him.  Good competitor.  Can change direction well and get in and out of his cuts.  Quick off the line and can sink his hips  and separate.  Very good body control to adjust.  Moves his feet to sustain blocks and can chip and seal.  Big upside.

Negatives -  Does not have natural hands and will double-catch the ball and drop more than he should.   Not instinctive.  Does not show great awareness and will make too many concentration drops.  Not a great route runner.  Can improve working zones to get open.  Not very sudden.  Lacks great football intelligence.  Not a great base blocker.

Summary - One of the most physically impressive players in the draft, but football skills have a long way to go to catch up with his raw athletic ability.  Will need a lot of polishing and won't be ready to play right away.  Teams say he would be a great value in the third round, but his athletic ability will get him drafted in the second.

315396[/snapback]

Did we just draft Lonnie Johnson again. :D:w00t:

SO is this thread dead?  Looks like a free for all.

Do we pick up someone like Munoz at this point, a CB?

316191[/snapback]

OK. Ill just let the draft day 2 thread die, and keep up this one.

Did anyone see the size of the RB the G-men just picked up? 6'4'' almost 250. a BEAST! :rolleyes:

nice name KC pick......Craphonso Thorpe...... wr

316211[/snapback]

Youch! Seems like a perfect name for my first born.

If Scott Young or Hawthorne are our pick, I will be happy. Those are just about the 2 guys left that I actully know.

I understand the weed aspect, but dude is super talented.  Lee Evans got busted for weed too.  Most people I know smoke. 

We are up next!

316227[/snapback]

Great until he is first suspended for 4 games, and then the next time for 1 year.

He already has his one warning, and must go to counseling.

I bet your stoner friends and you have never played football, or are in the draft either.