Philly peacefull protests

Gary M

26 minutes ago, Gary M said:

We can't institutionalize people, it's bad for their self esteem.

That is a problem in Pennsylvania.  The state has gotten out of the non-correctional facility inpatient psychiatric care business for the most part.  There's nowhere near enough beds and treatment professionals, nor the insurance coverage to pay for the treatment and the lifetime use of medications.  

The big component too, is that even if you receive treatment, get the medication and have all the insurance in the world to pay for it, you still have to want to take the medication and attend the therapy.  Usually when people have a significant event, it's because they stopped doing those two things.  

That being said, until the toxicology comes back on this guy, I'm not 100% certain this was a manic depressive episode as being claimed. MD is not generally associated with running around with a knife, completely out of control.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

That being said, until the toxicology comes back on this guy, I'm not 100% certain this was a manic depressive episode as being claimed. MD is not generally associated with running around with a knife, completely out of control.  

Self medicating?

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Maybe they did.  I am all for more mental health counseling and more professionals and earlier intervention.  as I said above if I'm the policeman and a guy is running at me with a knife I don't have much choice.  Tasers?  Shoot lower ?  I would like to hear from professional law officers as to how that might occur.

As for it affecting the election, dream on.  There aren't many minds that aren't made up and Trump is losing.  Every night he goes on TV dismissing his own health officials advice on Covid and putting people in harm's way reminds voters just how terrible a job he's done.  He's going down, and nothing is going to change that now.

...the virtual blind eye and reduction in mental hygiene assistance was the first step on a VERY slippery slope.......gathering steam as the ball rolls downhill clearly illustrates a bad, bad decision......only to GET WORSE......care to be a $15.00/hr social worker to have to deal with it?.......

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If I was a mental health professional living in Philly I would volunteer.  

Why don't you volunteer wherever you live? I assure you there are mentally ill people everywhere 

9 hours ago, Plano said:

Cletus, I'm kidding.

MUGUH

Ii can be difficult to see sarcasm on here, and some of the poster seem to think that way, but if you were mimicing them you did a great job.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Why don't you volunteer wherever you live? I assure you there are mentally ill people everywhere 

Ii can be difficult to see sarcasm on here, and some of the poster seem to think that way, but if you were mimicing them you did a great job.

Not a bad idea.  I need to look into it.  I am not trained in mental health counseling so I’d have to see where I can help.

Looting is now simply exercising your right to entitlement of things not yours.

Destructing Looting rioters deem it harmless, since business's should have insurance to protect them from there losses.

......and no Democrat will tell them they're wrong.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Process said:

So ***** embarrassing. Next tuesday is going to be a really sad day.

No sorrow for these black lives.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/10/28/21537840/6-shot-1-fatally-tuesday-october-27-crime-gun-violence-homicide

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/10/29/21539738/10-shot-2-fatally-wednesday-october-28-crime-gun-violence-homicide

Edited by Gary M
adding link