How legit will Biden seeing he barely campaigned?

I mean Trump was attacked for being not legit, how legit is a president that 

has no real record of accomplishing anything, being a racist..hiding in his basement,

having no real campaign outside of "i'm not the other guy" and being a career kid hair sniffer

and groper? 

I have to admit he knows ice cream.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

....can't we come to a logical, reasonable assessment in that the "Biden support" is actually the "anybody but Trump" support?......hell if it was Hunter as the candidate versus Joe, the polls would be a Biden IDENTICAL as THE candidate.....hatred, foment and vitriol for an INDIVIDUAL versus policies will always win out.....that's the fickle nature segment of the electorate.......tell me why there are 25-40+ year "career" politicians, parasitic in nature for the sole purpose of self aggrandizement and personal enrichment?.....the fickle know the name but do not have a clue on challengers' platforms.....the BIGGEST laugher is proposing term limits......we'll find Hoffa's remains before THAT ever happens......

Yeah, I made a point about this a while ago.

If the candidate won't commit to discussing key agenda policies until after the election, telling reporters that people don't deserve to know his position (i.e., court packing) then how does he have a mandate to govern?  I was told to go look at his party platform.  You know, the one that says he's for the green new deal, until the debate when he said he wasn't for the green new deal.  Fracking...not fracking; hey, whatever -- not Trump, amirite!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

I mean Trump was attacked for being not legit, how legit is a president that 

has no real record of accomplishing anything, being a racist..hiding in his basement,

having no real campaign outside of "i'm not the other guy" and being a career kid hair sniffer

and groper? 

I have to admit he knows ice cream.

I mean if Trump was seen as illegitimate it would be for not winning the popular vote. If you really mean unqualified it'd be for his complete lack of experience in government service.

I doubt Trump supporters would feel different if Biden wins without the popular vote. As for qualifications he is the former Vice President and was in the Senate before that.

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean if Trump was seen as illegitimate it would be for not winning the popular vote. If you really mean unqualified it'd be for his complete lack of experience in government service.

I doubt Trump supporters would feel different if Biden wins without the popular vote. As for qualifications he is the former Vice President and was in the Senate before that.

What are some of bidens accomplishments? 47 seven years he should have a lot? Right?

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Delaware has a total population in 2019 of 973,764.

There are 632,000 registered voters.

300,000 are registered Democrats (47.46%) 

181,700 are registered Republican (28.75%)

I mean, pretty much any monkey with a "D" in front of its name could be Senator from Delaware.  And as for Delaware being representative of any meaningful part of the rest of the country, I don't think so.  Biden was the water-carrier for the party in the Senate for decades.  Doesn't make him qualified to be President.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I think he is taking a whole lot of credit for other people's work. What has HE accomplished, what bills has he created, that became law? He should have a long list of HIS accomplishments after 47 years on the job. 

1.  '94 Crime Reform. 

32 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I think he is taking a whole lot of credit for other people's work. What has HE accomplished, what bills has he created, that became law? He should have a long list of HIS accomplishments after 47 years on the job. 

It's congress just essentially everything involves other people.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/joseph_biden/300008

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I mean, pretty much any monkey with a "D" in front of its name could be Senator from Delaware.  And as for Delaware being representative of any meaningful part of the rest of the country, I don't think so.  Biden was the water-carrier for the party in the Senate for decades.  Doesn't make him qualified to be President.

He beat the incumbent republican Senator when he was first elected.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Did this "qualification standard" prevent you from voting for Trump in 2016?

Weird

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Did this "qualification standard" prevent you from voting for Trump in 2016?

Weird

I didn’t vote for Trump. I’m also on record on this very board saying that I don’t plan to vote for Trump this year either.

Dont make assumptions.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

I didn’t vote for Trump. I’m also on record on this very board saying that I don’t plan to vote for Trump this year either.

Dont make assumptions.

Hillary was so qualified then? Trying to understand your point. Do you apply that logic to all states that are overwhelmingly red or blue?

I’m saying that 47 years in Washington doesn’t make him qualified.

It just means he’s been in D.C. for a helluva long time, and if he were actually qualified, any number of his prior attempts to become President would have succeeded before 2020. He was thoroughly and repeatedly rejected by his own party when he ran for President. Even this time around, his enthusiasm polling numbers are super low. The only reason he’s got a chance this year is Trump.

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Do you feel the same way about the electoral college?

No, I was being snarky.

But I do think the EC could be modified to be like Maine and Nebraska.  Votes in NY and CA and TX would mean more.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

No, I was being snarky.

But I do think the EC could be modified to be like Maine and Nebraska.  Votes in NY and CA and TX would mean more.

The whole point of the EC is to underweight populous states.  You're basically saying you're against it.

I'd call you an idiot, except I don't know if that's still allowed, and I don't want to put you on the same level as Tibs.

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

No, I was being snarky.

It would at least be a compromise that gets things a bit closer.

3 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

The whole point of the EC is to underweight populous states.  You're basically saying you're against it.

I'd call you an idiot, except I don't know if that's still allowed, and I don't want to put you on the same level as Tibs.

I think what he means that if you're in a state that tends to heavily go one way your votes can still matter and shave off a few EC votes for the other candidate.

Works better for high population states that have a lot of votes so the percentage you have to clear is lower. Here in Wyoming we'd have to get at least 1/3 of the votes to even get 1 EC vote going in the other direction.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

I’ve been over this ground already (and I’ve never been called an idiot by you yet 🤓 so shaddapp). Odd how the two states that do it my way are underweight.   The two senate seats will still help the underweight states in my world.  Those two go to the statewide winner.

Years ago I was mad at DC Tom for calling me an idiot.  Then I realized  why should I be mad at someone I probably will never meet and at the time was on the other side of the country from me. I realized it was a badge of honor and I was a member of the club.

For the relatively newer people  Tom has mellowed. Really he has.

Edited by Wacka

Saw a handmade sign in cheektowaga yesterday.

Losers and idiots

Vote

Biden/Harris