Coach Bohl's favorite Josh Allen story

14 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

Wyoming Head Coach Craig Bohl was asked about his favorite Josh Allen story:

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1313570868153511941?s=20

😂😂😂

I do get the impression that Josh has settled down quite a bit now, but that he must have been quite a challenge to coach from time to time.

I can remember a film clip his first season with the Bills where he's walking out to a stadium practice and looking around and he says to Daboll "Do you think I can throw it out of here?  When I run for a TD at this end, I'm gonna throw it out of here. I think I can throw it out of here".  And Daboll says, in the tone of a father dealing with his unruly young teen "Josh, how about if we try to get through this practice first?"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

😂😂😂

I do get the impression that Josh has settled down quite a bit now, but that he must have been quite a challenge to coach from time to time.

I can remember a film clip his first season with the Bills where he's walking out to a stadium practice and looking around and he says to Daboll "Do you think I can throw it out of here?  When I run for a TD at this end, I'm gonna throw it out of here. I think I can throw it out of here".  And Daboll says, in the tone of a father dealing with his unruly young teen "Josh, how about if we try to get through this practice first?"

He's going to do it one day I know it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Daboll: OK, on this play here if you can't get Stefon on the out route I want you to dump it to Devin in the flat.

Josh: No coach, Brett Favre says touchdowns first. 

*Daboll grabs a coffee can from under his desk marked "Brett Favre Jar" and Josh drops a $5 in it.*

Daboll: *sigh* As I was saying....

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Daboll: OK, on this play here if you can't get Stefon on the out route I want you to dump it to Devin in the flat.

Josh: No coach, Brett Favre says touchdowns first. 

*Daboll grabs a coffee can from under his desk marked "Brett Favre Jar" and Josh drops a $5 in it.*

Daboll: *sigh* As I was saying....

I laughed, but when you listen to Josh talk about Daboll you realize Daboll may have some tricks up his sleeve as a coach.  It goes like this:

Daboll: OK, on this play here if you can't hit Stefon on the out, next is Devin in the flat but I realize probably you can't hit that.

Josh: What you talking about?  Of course I can hit Devin in the flat!

Daboll: Bet you. 

Josh: What you got?

Daboll: Double order of Bar Bill spicy with blue cheese says you can't.  No way!  You won't even see him!

Josh: You're on!  (proceeds to hit Devin in the flat)

(Daboll smiles and hits "enter" on the preprogrammed GrubHub)

• Like (+1) 1