Josh Allen's interceptions minus the *interception

WideNine

I was just wondering and found that it has been 8 games since Allen has had a real interception. Not expecting a lamp post kind of reaction - just musing.

Happened week 15 last year against the Steelers with a deep pass over the middle to Beasley that floated on him. That is a pretty amazing run (and no, I will never count that travesty of officiating in our game against the Rams). By my admittedly rough unofficial count that would be about 234 passes without an INT  - if the clock had not been reset with the Rams game.

For a guy that makes me hear "Crazy Train" in my head when I watch him close out games, he really has worked on avoiding those INTs.

Now I don't think he was ready to beat out the original record by Brady of 358 passes without an INT that Aaron Rogers recently broke (that dude has not been picked off since his week 4 game against the Bills last year), but it took those guys a long time to get to where they got and it looks promising for Allen.

And yes, I will take the blame for jinxing us if Allen suddenly turns into a INT machine against Tennessee.

The interception that counted was a bad call, completely, but Allen has had a few shouldabeenpicks throws that the defender just didn't squeeze.  Also Diggs has made some contested catches where the DB actually had position on him and should have had a shot at an INT.  It's not like Allen has been mistake free, it's partly that he's been lucky. 

Allen has been riding high all season, and I hope that continues, but odds are he'll have a bad game sooner or later.  Everyone does.  The question will be, what happens after that?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The interception that counted was a bad call, completely, but Allen has had a few shouldabeenpicks throws that the defender just didn't squeeze.  Also Diggs has made some contested catches where the DB actually had position on him and should have had a shot at an INT.  It's not like Allen has been mistake free, it's partly that he's been lucky. 

I can not point you at specific plays, but I believe the same would be true of other "interception free" QBs - that they have had throws that were dropped, or where their guy made a play on the ball to prevent an INT, or the INT was called back for roughing the passer or defensive holding or what have you.

Of course, no argument that Allen has been pushing it at times.

I hope Bills coaches are gonna make them practice with wet balls (FOOTBALLS, you pervs) this week.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

Allen has been riding high all season, and I hope that continues, but odds are he'll have a bad game sooner or later.  Everyone does.  The question will be, what happens after that?

^^ THIS ^^  There were a few coulda been picks.........luck is a HUGE factor in this.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

^^ THIS ^^  There were a few coulda been picks.........luck is a HUGE factor in this.

or having better players who are contesting those catches... the NFL is a game of inches!

• Like (+1) 1

Every QB throws at least one ball per game that should be intercepted.  Mahomes put one right between McCourty's numbers on the opening drive Monday night and was really fortunate it was dropped.

I have no issue whatsoever with JA throwing 50/50 balls to this receiver group because they pass the eye test.  If I'm JA, whenever I see Diggs singled I'm throwing it his way.