Refs focusing on "clear and obvious" calls

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Agreed

Just now, whatdrought said:

Hap's got an itchy ban finger. Gonna elicit a riot and then purge some undesirables.

As a noted undesirable I am well on guard. ;)

Im undesirable and she has never seen me. One look and Id push her to banish me to Bogie land forever.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Seemed obvious to me that the Dolphins receiver dropped the ball when he hit the ground 

Someone said that they took out the "going to the ground" language.  Which means Knox's non-catch was really a catch.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Someone said that they took out the "going to the ground" language.  Which means Knox's non-catch was really a catch.

Regardless he didn't make a football move.

But Knox DID make a football move. I thought it should have been a catch.

Just now, Real McNasty said:

The McKenzie penalty is really the only one that burns me big time. 

I agree on that. The other things are controversial, but I can see them going either way.

McKenzie was not moving parallel or towards his own end zone. But I guess on those plays you shouldn't hit the defender. I guess you need to just stick your arms out and try to just get in their way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There was a clear and obvious tackle of Jerome Hughes to prevent a sack on the next to last play before the last Fish TD.

Hughes is on the naughty list. Refs refuse to call anything in support of him and actively look for reasons to call personal fouls on him.

It's weird because he isn't a dirty player. But I guess he has said things to officials in the past.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MJS said:

Hughes is on the naughty list. Refs refuse to call anything in support of him and actively look for reasons to call personal fouls on him.

It's weird because he isn't a dirty player. But I guess he has said things to officials in the past.

He got the holding call last week.  Thought we had finally turned the corner....

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Regardless he didn't make a football move.

But Knox DID make a football move. I thought it should have been a catch.

I could see an argument for that.  I just can't believe they scrapped the Calvin Johnson rule and it slipped-by everyone.