Fortunate son? Talk about stupid

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If I was Trump I'd say fug 'em and play Frank's version instead.

Speaking of which, did Panic!  at the Disco (Doubtfire was already taken...) ever get sued by Cream for ripping-off the opening to "White Room"?

As Fogerty explains in the minute-and-a-half message he posted on Facebook, the song was written about — and is widely understood by almost everyone who’s heard it to be about — military draft avoidance by the wealthy. That a politician who has sometimes been referred to by the nickname “Cadet Bone Spurs” would willingly choose to draw attention back to his own history of escaping the Vietnam draft is, in Fogerty’s words, “confusing” and “confounding.”

“The very first lines of ‘Fortunate Son’ are: ‘Some folks are born made to wave the flag, oooh, they’re red white and blue / But when the band plays “Hail to the Chief,” they point the cannon at you.’ Well, that’s exactly what happened recently in Lafayette Park when the president decided to take a walk across the park. He cleared out the area using federal troops so that he could stand in front of St. John’s Church with a Bible.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/john-fogerty-on-trumps-confounding-use-of-a-creedence-classic-about-draft-dodgers-he-is-the-fortunate-son-watch-1234767796/

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

As Fogerty explains in the minute-and-a-half message he posted on Facebook, the song was written about — and is widely understood by almost everyone who’s heard it to be about — military draft avoidance by the wealthy. That a politician who has sometimes been referred to by the nickname “Cadet Bone Spurs” would willingly choose to draw attention back to his own history of escaping the Vietnam draft is, in Fogerty’s words, “confusing” and “confounding.”

“The very first lines of ‘Fortunate Son’ are: ‘Some folks are born made to wave the flag, oooh, they’re red white and blue / But when the band plays “Hail to the Chief,” they point the cannon at you.’ Well, that’s exactly what happened recently in Lafayette Park when the president decided to take a walk across the park. He cleared out the area using federal troops so that he could stand in front of St. John’s Church with a Bible.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/john-fogerty-on-trumps-confounding-use-of-a-creedence-classic-about-draft-dodgers-he-is-the-fortunate-son-watch-1234767796/

If JF has an issue with the secret service planning and executing travel that includes disrupting the lives of ordinary citizens, he has an an issue with every president ever.  If he has an issue with those charged with protecting the president being armed and “pointing the cannon at you”, I don’t know where he’s been since 1969.  

And he doesn’t really sound all that confused or confounded at all.  

I've said it before. Chrissie  Hynde  was always complaining that Rush Limbaugh  was  using the instrumental track form her "My City Was Gone" as the intro for his show, until her accountants  told her  how much she was still making  from it bring played on Rush's show.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This man "steals" aka uses music w/o the artists permission.  There are laws ... oh wait AO doesn't follow laws (like draft dodging)

He's above the law or so he thinks. 

Yes we need to impeach him!!! Oh wait you tried that.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, Wacka said:

I've said it before. Chrissie  Hynde  was always complaining that Rush Limbaugh  was  using the instrumental track form her "My City Was Gone" as the intro for his show, until her accountants  told her  how much she was still making  from it bring played on Rush's show.

Interestingly, I believe I heard an interview with her on this subject where she said her dad was a fan of his show.  She loved her dad, didn't always agree with him but was cool as she thought about it.  Disclaimer--I may have heard an interview played on Rush's show, or he recapped the story.  It was within the last year or two. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interestingly, I believe I heard an interview with her on this subject where she said her dad was a fan of his show.  She loved her dad, didn't always agree with him but was cool as she thought about it.  Disclaimer--I may have heard an interview played on Rush's show, or he recapped the story.  It was within the last year or two. 

The story was it was her mom that listened to the show.  Maybe it evolved into her dad.  Heard that story several years back.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The story was it was her mom that listened to the show.  Maybe it evolved into her dad.  Heard that story several years back.

I also heard she had a hook on her foot, and that's weird. 

Edit--just googled it. From the RL transcript February 2020, here is the story.  Not picking with you--my memory sucks most days, but I was fairly certain I had heard it correctly.  

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/02/18/a-big-thank-you-to-chrissie-hynde/

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd