Fortunate son? Talk about stupid

Does the Moron in Chief know the meaning of that song? 

Donald Trump got off Air Force One on Thursday to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son," a song about children of influential families who were able to avoid the Vietnam War draft.

Creedence Lyrics: Fortunate Son

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Donald Trump got off Air Force One on Thursday to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son," a song about children of influential families who were able to avoid the Vietnam War draft.

It’s all part of the cosmic joke that is the Trump presidency.  The saddest part is that the people that he seems to hate the most are the ones who support him most ardently.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

In 2016 he had played Sympathy for the Devil as warm-up music. If I were one of those conspiracy theorists, I'd be saying "Pay Attention! He's right out there telling you that he's satan and that those who served in Vietnam were suckers." (Good thing I'm not)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Donald Trump got off Air Force One on Thursday to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son," a song about children of influential families

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

I would have thought they were future channeling the story of rat Hunter Biden

Edited by Niagara
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So we have gotten that critical of the guy that we really attempt to denounce his choice of entrance music?   A song he literally didnt choose, and maybe had paid very little attention to his entire life?

Not everyone spends time diving head first into the meaning of song lyrics.   Especially those written by a band who sued their own lead singer!  Those capitalist jerks!

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So we have gotten that critical of the guy that we really attempt to denounce his choice of entrance music?   A song he literally didnt choose, and maybe had paid very little attention to his entire life?

Not everyone spends time diving head first into the meaning of song lyrics.   Especially those written by a band who sued their own lead singer!  Those capitalist jerks!

It is actually pretty funny though in an ironic way.  Like all those dopey celebrities sending the healing gift of song by collaborating on "Imagine", a song about living with no possessions, recorded on a $1200 device that allows them to order a $12 half-caf-half-dark latte from the local  Starbucks, to be picked up after a short drive down the Pacific Coast highway in a $272,000 gas-munchin lambo.  

Kudos to @SlimShady'sSpaceForceon this find.  Somebody's head should roll on this one.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This man "steals" aka uses music w/o the artists permission.  There are laws ... oh wait AO doesn't follow laws (like draft dodging)

He's above the law or so he thinks. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This man "steals" aka uses music w/o the artists permission.

The songs are registered with ASCAP or BMI. As long as the fees are paid, they can use what they want. I actual Nazis want to use them , as long as the fees are paid, OK. His staff picks the songs as to get the lefty snowflakes all riled up.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This man "steals" aka uses music w/o the artists permission.  There are laws ... oh wait AO doesn't follow laws (like draft dodging)

So this is the straw that broke your particular camel's back?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Nope, I don't think so.  Speaking generally, the music can be used through licensing agreements that the artist agrees to.  What we often see is the artist who entered into said agreement raising an objection because they do not support the candidate.  There is no theft involved. 

https://ew.com/music/2018/11/05/can-musicians-stop-politicians-from-using-music/

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, snafu said:

So this is the straw that broke your particular camel's back?

I guess you don’t see the irony there?

37 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Thumbnail

cant stay on topic? 

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nope, I don't think so.  Speaking generally, the music can be used through licensing agreements that the artist agrees to.  What we often see is the artist who entered into said agreement raising an objection because they do not support the candidate.  There is no theft involved. 

https://ew.com/music/2018/11/05/can-musicians-stop-politicians-from-using-music/

how many artists have asked Don repeatedly to stop using their music?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/28/all-the-artists-who-have-told-trump-to-stop-using-their-songs-at-his-rallies/amp/

17 are listed in the link 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Trump listening to music? I can't see that. Trump thinking about lyrics? Very much doubt that. 

The song basically mocks his life 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Trump was never a Senator unlike someone else we all know... 

59 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

There are laws ... oh wait AO doesn't follow laws (like draft dodging)

When exactly did you serve again?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I guess you don’t see the irony there?

cant stay on topic? 

how many artists have asked Don repeatedly to stop using their music?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/28/all-the-artists-who-have-told-trump-to-stop-using-their-songs-at-his-rallies/amp/

17 are listed in the link 

But you called it theft, implying the music was used illegally.  That's simply not the case. I understand the argument about an artist preferring their music not be used to support a political campaign, but they actively engage in the licensing because it makes them money.  There's no need to pretend it's something that it isn't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1