BLM protest happening.....

Westside

35 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

This is what bothers me most. Dems at the Attorney General level and above (Governor) knew about this in April. The autopsy was in April, and ruled a HOMICIDE. So May, June, July no word from fellow Democrat leadership. Just sweep it under the rug.... After all dictator Cuomo looks good in the national press dealing with COVID. We couldn't have a 'racial police' killing muck all of that up.... Those things happen in other states not under the benevolent leadership of Cuomo.

Let's say the Mayor didn't know until August 4th as claimed. Still a month later.... no word, still a cover up. That is no excuse. The RPD/RPD Union/ Mayor didn't know? Really? Are we expected to be this dumb?

Acknowledge the situation and event. I don't think Mr. Prude died to police activity, but they should have and could have treated him more humanely. They should have been in communication with the unit at Mr. Prude's brother's house. The could have covered him. They could have put a jacket on him. Treat him like a sick and maybe psychotic human, but still a human being. I blame the RPD for being callous, but not as racially profiling murderers.

It's also frustrating that such a 'progressive institution' like the U of R should have treated him properly when brought into the psych ward. Nope, catch and release. It is NYS way. His family was trying to get him help, and the U of R failed him first. The blame is now put on the police. The police are not psychologists, Strong Memorial has psychologists. Why was he released? Silence from Strong. Why did such a progressive institution refuse him help?

Nothing. Crickets. I may have an internal release I can leak....

I feel worst for Mr. Prude and his family, and now the police officers suspended. All of us and them are on the front line. Cr@p flows down hill. From the governors office to the NYS AG to the Mayor's office to the RPD chief. To us. We are left with the results.

This is all under the auspices of Democrats and Black American power brokers. It is sickening.

...ABSOLUTELY dead on Roc.....easily predictable what the response would be when this gets publicized FIVE MONTHS hence in today's "peaceful (COUGH) protest environment".....

32 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital earlier in the day for a 'Psychotic Episode'. SMH released him 4 hrs later without treatment.

He was released to his family and then the streets, with a psychotic episode (manifested in Buffalo on an Amtrack train).

The 'socially progressive' U of R and Strong Hospital let him go.

A few hours later he was found naked, in the streets, smashing windows on PCP.

This cover up was designed to protect Andrew Cuomo, and U of R/ Strong Hospital.

The Police should have never had to deal with this issue.

...they were forced to, but at the same time, a naked man in the middle of the street at night probably acting incoherent, should say, "something isn't right here".....I have NO idea as to training and what their protocol entails for an abnormal mental health event like this.....

• Like (+1) 2

NEWS LEAK OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE U OF R.

September 2nd internal communication to all U of R students, employees and Medical Center employees:

Typical of what is sent to all of U of R employees and students after any news cycle. Notice 0 culpability due to Strong Memorial Hospital in the situation. They have been silent about protests and riots since it was leaked they played a big part to this tragic situation. It will never happen.

From: UR President's Office <ThePresidentsOffice@ROCHESTER.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:03 PM
Subject: Message from President Mangelsdorf Regarding Daniel Prude

To the University Community:

I join our Deans and Senior Leaders and every member of the University of Rochester community in expressing devastation, anger, and profound grief about what we have learned only today about the death of Daniel Prude.

Daniel Prude. Say his name.

We speak the words Black Lives Matter, but I recognize those words sound hollow when we see, in graphic detail, the way in which Mr. Prude was restrained by officers of the Rochester Police Department. I recognize how uneasy you must feel to be reminded that Rochester is not immune to the national epidemic of inexcusable Black and Brown deaths. And I recognize how furious you must feel, and how hopeless, to have to say “Not again.”

As a community, as a society, we must redouble our commitment to eradicating the ravages of systemic racism. To lifting each other up, not holding people down. We must take action to improve the lives and the futures of those who have been obstructed, again and again, by racist history and practices.

In the coming days, we will take stock of our current equity, diversity, and inclusion plans and ask hard questions about whether we are doing enough, whether we are working quickly enough, and whether we are being effective enough. For now, however, we must process our anger and sorrow. Be kind to one another. Be aware of those who are struggling. Reach out if you need help or support.

CARE Network Resource Center (University-wide for students)
https://www.rochester.edu/care/resource-center

University Counseling Center (University-wide for students)
(585) 275-3113—24 hours a day

University Faith Communities at the Interfaith Chapel (on River Campus for students, faculty and staff)
(585) 275-4321

Chaplaincy Services (at Medical Center for students, faculty and staff)
(585) 275-2222—24 hours a day

URMC Staff Support—YoUR Support (at Medical Center for faculty and staff)
(585) 276-9110

We will weather this together. We must not give up hope. We must work together to turn “Not again” to “Never again.”

Sarah C. Mangelsdorf

President

Robert G. Witmer University Professor

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

September 2nd internal communication to all U of R students, employees and Medical Center employees:

Typical of what is sent to all of U of R employees and students after any news cycle. Notice 0 culpability due to Strong Memorial Hospital in the situation. They have been silent about protests and riots since it was leaked they played a big part to this tragic situation. It will never happen.

I join our Deans and Senior Leaders and every member of the University of Rochester community in expressing devastation, anger, and profound grief about what we have learned only today about the death of Daniel Prude.

We speak the words Black Lives Matter, but I recognize those words sound hollow when we see, in graphic detail, the way in which Mr. Prude was restrained by officers of the Rochester Police Department. I recognize how uneasy you must feel to be reminded that Rochester is not immune to the national epidemic of inexcusable Black and Brown deaths. And I recognize how furious you must feel, and how hopeless, to have to say “Not again.”

As a community, as a society, we must redouble our commitment to eradicating the ravages of systemic racism. To lifting each other up, not holding people down. We must take action to improve the lives and the futures of those who have been obstructed, again and again, by racist history and practices.

In the coming days, we will take stock of our current equity, diversity, and inclusion plans and ask hard questions about whether we are doing enough, whether we are working quickly enough, and whether we are being effective enough. For now, however, we must process our anger and sorrow. Be kind to one another. Be aware of those who are struggling. Reach out if you need help or supp

We will weather this together. We must not give up hope. We must work together to turn “Not again” to “Never again.”

Sarah C. Mangelsdorf

President

$56,000+ a year for this kind of education.

Yeah, the future for the youth is not bright.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/5/2020 at 4:23 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

<snip>

In Newark during the '68 riots members of a certain organized crime group let the rioters there know that if any problems should happen in their neighborhoods they would be very displeased.  And as a result no property or residents were subjected to any harm.    

I remember this ^^^.

• Like (+1) 2

....smart move fellas......who needs this crap......find something enjoyable to do...Godspeed......whatchagonnadonow " Mayor Lovely"??..............

Chief La’Ron Singletary, entire RPD command staff step down amid protests

09/08/2020 04:41 PM Updated 9 minutes ago

WHECTV
Updated: September 08, 2020 04:41 PM
Created: September 08, 2020 03:10 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Rochester Police Chief La’Ron Singletary has retired from the Rochester Police Department.

The announcement was made Tuesday amid calls from protesters for him and Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren to resign after the death of Daniel Prude.

Warren has not announced any plans to resign, nor did she ask Singletary to retire.

Singletary served the RPD for 20 years and became the chief in July 2019 after a national search that drew more than 20 applicants. He was recommended for the job unanimously by the internal review committee.

The announcement read, in part,

“As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character. The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity. The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochester Community know my reputation and know what I stand for. The mischaracterization and the politicization of the actions that I took after being informed of Mr. Prude’s death is not based on facts, and is not what I stand for.  

I would like to thank the men and women of the Rochester Police Department, as well as the Rochester Community for allowing me the honor of serving as your Chief and fulfilling a lifelong dream. I look forward to continuing to serve our community in my next chapter.”

Deputy Chief Joseph Morabito also announced his retirement after more than 34 years of service to the RPD. Deputy Chief Mark Simmons is returning to the rank of lieutenant.

Commander Fabian Rivera announced his retirement, and Commander Henry Favor is returning to his previous rank of lieutenant.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/rpd-chief-larsquoron-singletary-retires-amid-protests/5855709/?cat=565

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....smart move fellas......who needs this crap......find something enjoyable to do...Godspeed......whatchagonnadonow " Mayor Lovely"??..............

Chief La’Ron Singletary, entire RPD command staff step down amid protests

09/08/2020 04:41 PM Updated 9 minutes ago

WHECTV
Updated: September 08, 2020 04:41 PM
Created: September 08, 2020 03:10 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Rochester Police Chief La’Ron Singletary has retired from the Rochester Police Department.

The announcement was made Tuesday amid calls from protesters for him and Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren to resign after the death of Daniel Prude.

Warren has not announced any plans to resign, nor did she ask Singletary to retire.

Singletary served the RPD for 20 years and became the chief in July 2019 after a national search that drew more than 20 applicants. He was recommended for the job unanimously by the internal review committee.

The announcement read, in part,

“As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character. The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity. The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochester Community know my reputation and know what I stand for. The mischaracterization and the politicization of the actions that I took after being informed of Mr. Prude’s death is not based on facts, and is not what I stand for.  

I would like to thank the men and women of the Rochester Police Department, as well as the Rochester Community for allowing me the honor of serving as your Chief and fulfilling a lifelong dream. I look forward to continuing to serve our community in my next chapter.”

Deputy Chief Joseph Morabito also announced his retirement after more than 34 years of service to the RPD. Deputy Chief Mark Simmons is returning to the rank of lieutenant.

Commander Fabian Rivera announced his retirement, and Commander Henry Favor is returning to his previous rank of lieutenant.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/rpd-chief-larsquoron-singletary-retires-amid-protests/5855709/?cat=565

I mean that's what we've been asking for. I support this move. Now they just need to fire all the officers and the protests can end.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, RocCityRoller said:

In the coming days, we will take stock of our current equity, diversity, and inclusion plans and ask hard questions about whether we are doing enough, whether we are working quickly enough, and whether we are being effective enough. For now, however, we must process our anger and sorrow. Be kind to one another. Be aware of those who are struggling. Reach out if you need help or support.

CARE Network Resource Center (University-wide for students)
https://www.rochester.edu/care/resource-center

University Counseling Center (University-wide for students)
(585) 275-3113—24 hours a day

University Faith Communities at the Interfaith Chapel (on River Campus for students, faculty and staff)
(585) 275-4321

Chaplaincy Services (at Medical Center for students, faculty and staff)
(585) 275-2222—24 hours a day

URMC Staff Support—YoUR Support (at Medical Center for faculty and staff)
(585) 276-9110

Sarah C. Mangelsdorf

President

What's the problem?

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I mean that's what we've been asking for. I support this move. Now they just need to fire all the officers and the protests can end.

What's the problem?

...um...er...uh....well......oh......okay....you win...SMH..............

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What's the problem?

Lovely Warren can stay despite the requests by protestors that she step down?  Does it boil down to Singletary being a cop even though he was not directly involved.  Will there be cries if there is not another minority hire for RPD Chief?

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Lovely Warren can stay despite the requests by protestors that she step down?  Does boil down to Singletary being a cop even though he was not directly involved.  Will there be cries if there is not another minority hire for RPD Chief?

Not directly involved? He was at the helm of the coverup.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Lovely Warren can stay despite the requests by protestors that she step down?  Does boil down to Singletary being a cop even though he was not directly involved.  Will there be cries if there is not another minority hire for RPD Chief?

....Mayor Tom Richards, a former RGE utillity exec was a surprise choice as a Republican in an "always Dem City of Rochester Mayor".....he was pro growth...pro business" but his re-election was taken for granted in feeble voter turnout.....so the neophyte "Lovely" won......

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

What would you like me to source? That he was the police chief when Daniel Prude was murdered by police? That he lied about it?

Bull (said in disapproving tone).  You really want us to have you link that Singletary was RPD Chief during the Prude incident?  Talk about intellectual dishonesty.  We want a link where Singletary makes a clear statement as to his direct guilt as opposed to an action such as retiring that can be taken in more than one context such as avoiding being roasted in the media for months.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

What would you like me to source? That he was the police chief when Daniel Prude was murdered by police? That he lied about it?

If you're going to accuse someone of a cover up, at least have proof he covered it up. This is still America, you're still considered innocent until proven guilty. I am not a fan of the chief or the mayor for that matter. I believe they have run this city into the ground. Years of democratic leadership has destroyed this city. So I am not defending him because I like him, I still believe in the court of law. That includes the officers involved in this. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bull (said in disapproving tone).  You really want us to have you link that Singletary was RPD Chief during the Prude incident?  Talk about intellectual dishonesty.  We want a link where Singletary makes a clear statement as to his direct guilt as opposed to an action such as retiring that can be taken in more than one context such as avoiding being roasted in the media for months.

You are aware of the poster and his espoused views with regard to law enforcement in general, right? You wont get an intellectually honest response from him. Hes been in the back of too many police cars methinks, and has irrational disdain for all cops.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

9 minutes ago, westside2 said:

If you're going to accuse someone of a cover up, at least have proof he covered it up. This is still America, you're still considered innocent until proven guilty. I am not a fan of the chief or the mayor for that matter. I believe they have run this city into the ground. Years of democratic leadership has destroyed this city. So I am not defending him because I like him, I still believe in the court of law. That includes the officers involved in this. 

Intellectual dishonesty? I'm not sure that phrase means what you think it means.

What I stated were common facts of the case that I haven't seen disputed. After the incident, Singletary told the mayor that he died of a drug overdose which was false. What are we missing here?

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/autopsy-report-daniel-prude-death-ruled-a-homicide-asphyxia-due-to-physical-restraint/

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You are aware of the poster and his espoused views with regard to law enforcement in general, right? You wont get an intellectually honest response from him. Hes been in the back of too many police cars methinks, and has irrational disdain for all cops.

I've had very little interaction with him over the years.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Intellectual dishonesty? I'm not sure that phrase means what you think it means.

What I stated were common facts of the case that I haven't seen disputed. After the incident, Singletary told the mayor that he died of a drug overdose which was false. What are we missing here?

What are we missing here?  Just a direct quote such as a media source where he said that he was culpable in the handling of the Prude incident.  Anything else you state is open to question.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I've had very little interaction with him over the years.

What are we missing here?  Just a direct quote such as a media source where he said that he was culpable in the handling of the Prude incident.  Anything else you state is open to question.

He didn't admit guilt and I didn't say that he did, though.

All I said is that he was at the helm of the cover-up, which he was by 1) acting as chief when the coverup took place 2) directly participating by lying about the cause of death and circumstances surrounding it to the mayor.

Are you disputing that he was chief or that he told the mayor that Prude died of overdose? Has Singletary even disputed that claim?

This is to say nothing of the actual murder that took place under his watch.

Edited by BullBuchanan