Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Pulling out the ads makes you wonder too if Trump thinks he's going to lose. After the reports came out the campaign was struggling with money, Trump tweeted that he would personally fund the campaign. Why isn't he funding ads in major swing states?

He tweeted a billion times yesterday. Trump losing with dignity is unlikely. 

21 minutes ago, meazza said:

Not sure how that helps him.  This election is going to Biden.  I say this as someone who bet on Trump earlier in the summer.

I give this an 80% likelihood of being reconsidered by the Trump campaign. Just like the “no stimulus negotiations until after the election.” 
If the Biden campaign were smart they’d just schedule him to be somewhere else far away on debate night so they have an out when Trump reconsiders and comes crawling back. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

In-Person or nothing.

Commission trying to "save" Uncle Joe again.

Trump refuses to participate in virtual debate on Oct. 15: ‘I’m not going to waste my time’

NBC, by Christina Wilkie

Original Article

....what if Fauci is the Moderator??...just askin'..............

Pretty weak on the part of the commission.  Why is it necessary to move debate location to virtual if Trump can test multiple times that he's Covid-19 free?  Obviusly that would be a stipulation but why make this change now when it's quite possible and likely that the President is cleared before the debate?  Why not just have a contingency plan (virtual) in the event he isn't? 

https://www.debates.org/2020/10/08/cpd-announces-second-presidential-debate-will-be-virtual/

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Pretty weak on the part of the commission.  Why is it necessary to move debate location to virtual if Trump can test multiple times that he's Covid-19 free?  Obviusly that would be a stipulation but why make this change now when it's quite possible and likely that the President is cleared before the debate?  Why not just have a contingency plan (virtual) in the event he isn't? 

https://www.debates.org/2020/10/08/cpd-announces-second-presidential-debate-will-be-virtual/

Maybe because last time they didn’t get there early enough to get tested and had to proceed on the honors system without masks and it turned out they were in the middle of a Covid outbreak. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Maybe because last time they didn’t get there early enough to get tested and had to proceed on the honors system without masks and it turned out they were in the middle of a Covid outbreak. 

So test each day between now and then and require negative tests 24 hours before game time or go virtual, and Trump should debate however it's done. 

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

So test each day between now and then and require negative tests 24 hours before game time or go virtual, and Trump should debate however it's done. 

This is a town hall with actual audience members. Not the same format—general public runs this one, which is why the slide to virtual makes a bit more sense if Covid is a concern. 

21 hours ago, shoshin said:

Yup. Biden is in victory formation for 3 weeks. Just needs to handle the snap on first and second down. He can only lose in a debate. 

He's going to lose weather he debates or not. The support for Trump is overwhelming. Biden, hardly at all. The people know what's going on. Quite frankly, they are tired of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

He's going to lose weather he debates or not. The support for Trump is overwhelming. Biden, hardly at all. The people know what's going on. Quite frankly, they are tired of it. 

There is an enthusiasm gap for sure but that’s more the tyranny of merit anger. The voting gap is something that I’m not sure DJT can overcome at this point. His erratic behavior (even for him)  lately belies his worry. 

I wonder whether Ds will vote in person enough to decide Nov 3. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1