Bills Super Bowl Victory 20-21 Season

ngbills

Bills Super Bowl Win  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Will a Bills Super Bowl Win This Season Be Less Satisfying?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I might have a bit of a different perspective on this. I think if by the time the Super Bowl arrives the stadiums can be full, I don't think it would be any less satisfying if you had a packed Super Bowl with all the hoopla. Imagine that? I think that would feel just the same.

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

There will be fans at the Super Bowl and I will be there drunk with my man boobs out in full display 

Right there with you except no man boobs; had surgery a week ago to have them removed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

I'm 70 years old.    I suffered through the Bills going 0 for the 1970s against the Carp, the misery of the post-Chuck Knox 1980s, 4 Super Bowls losses, 20 years of being New England's b!tch ... I will feel at least as good as any Chiefs fan felt last February, and probably better!

I'm with you, my friend. I was at the game at then Rich Stadium with my dad in 1980 that broke the drought against the fins. What was remarkable about it was we all stayed in our seats for about 20 minutes after the game, just in a state of shock, joy and disbelief. The 20 game losing streak was over. They tore down the field goal posts as if we had won the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am one who voted with the unpopular opinion.  Like all of you, I would be ecstatic if the Bills won the Superbowl.  However, the question is would it be less satisfying.  At a minimum I think it will be minorly less satisfying.  At worst it could be horribly less satisfying.  

Why I think it will be minorly less satisfying:

1)  We have already been deprived of preseason and attending training camp.  This has lead to less excitement and build up before the season.  

2)  At present, we are being deprived of attending games in person and tailgating.  

3)  There is a high probability that players will be sitting out due to Covid.  I know all players and teams face this risk but there are chances for many asterisks.

4)  We will be watching games with no fans on TV.  People have different opinions on this, but personally I find it weird and less exciting. Baseball, NHL, and NBA all have me less interested than ever.

Why it could be horribly less satisfying:

1)  Decent chance games get cancelled leading to all sorts of weird outcomes.

2)  Playoff structure could be ammended/shortened.

3)  Season could be changed or shortened.

4)  We are all hoping things get back towards normal in the upcoming months.  However, imagine Bills go to the superbowl with no fans present.  Bills somehow win but we are all sitting in our homes watching.  No victory parade etc.  

5)  Imagine having our most successful year and not one Bills fan got to attend a game in person.

I am praying for a great season and would love a deep playoff run or shot at the Superbowl.  However, I do think success this season will to some degree feel less satisfying.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

4)  We are all hoping things get back towards normal in the upcoming months.  However, imagine Bills go to the superbowl with no fans present.  Bills somehow win but we are all sitting in our homes watching.  No victory parade etc.  

reminds me of an episode of “Black Mirror”

:(

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I'm with you, my friend. I was at the game at then Rich Stadium with my dad in 1980 that broke the drought against the fins. What was remarkable about it was we all stayed in our seats for about 20 minutes after the game, just in a state of shock, joy and disbelief. The 20 game losing streak was over. They tore down the field goal posts as if we had won the Super Bowl.

The Bills were simply not an NFL caliber team through most of the 1970s except for three seasons under Lou Saban where they made the playoffs as a WC once.  They had  a 1 win and a 2 win season and 2 3 win seasons before all the empty seats in then Rich Stadium prompted Ralph Wilson to finally hire a bonafide NFL HC, Chuck Knox.   It took Knox 2 seasons to build a playoff contending team, and in 1980, it finally happened: the Bills not only beat Miami and broke the streak, they also won the AFC East for the first time.

Rich Blake wrote a memoir of the 1980 season called Talking Proud, which is still available on Amazon (Talking Proud ) for those fans interested in a trip down memory lane. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

The Bills were simply not an NFL caliber team through most of the 1970s except for three seasons under Lou Saban where they made the playoffs as a WC once.  They had  a 1 win and a 2 win season and 2 3 win seasons before all the empty seats in then Rich Stadium prompted Ralph Wilson to finally hire a bonafide NFL HC, Chuck Knox.   It took Knox 2 seasons to build a playoff contending team, and in 1980, it finally happened: the Bills not only beat Miami and broke the streak, they also won the AFC East for the first time.

Rich Blake wrote a memoir of the 1980 season called Talking Proud, which is still available on Amazon (Talking Proud ) for those fans interested in a trip down memory lane. 

That's awesome; I will definitely look for the book and undoubtedly wax nostalgic while reading it.  Incidentally, that brings back another memory. I recall my high school English teacher having a coffee mug with the inscription "Some of us are talking proudLY!"  I guess you would expect an English instructor to be part of the grammar police!

I could care less how we win the SB.  We won!  For me the better news is it’s in Tampa, so I can drive down the road and go to the game if I want to fork out Fort Knox for a ticket or three as my boys will kill me if I don’t take them.  The Bills are always my #1, but it would be fun to see the Bills win in an overtime victory against the Bucs.  I’d be happy if we repeat next year against the same team.