Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You did? Are you sure it wasn't due to lack of viable alternatives or self interest? 

Did we not have the right before you took that job? What about folks in other countries that have that right without you doing a job you were paid for.

Yes...because someone fought for it previously and if they didn't continue to, you'd cease to have that right.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes...because someone fought for it previously and if they didn't continue to, you'd cease to have that right.

When did they fight for it previously? Why would I cease to have it? Who is capable of taking it that the military prevents?

Edited by BullBuchanan

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why would I cease to have it? Who is capable of taking it that the military prevents?

China, Russia, Mexico.....our own tyrannical government...take your pick.  Military is the wall between you speaking Chinese or you being allowed to say what you want.  Try going to China and typing some of the stuff you have in this thread, even the UK for that matter...you'd be in jail already.

Just now, TwistofFate said:

China, Russia, Mexico.....our own tyrannical government...take your pick.  Military is the wall between you speaking Chinese or you being allowed to say what you want.  Try going to China and typing some of the stuff you have in this thread, even the UK for that matter...you'd be in jail already.

He'd be in jail in the UK? Please explain that to me? 

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I would be in jail in the UK for typing the things I have? I think not.

Are we actively in wars or have we been in the last 100 years with China, Russia or Mexico?
They were all allies in WW2.

Is Mexico is trying to take my freedom to challenge your assertions on the internet?

When has the military protected us against our own tyrannical government?

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's not.

Since he’s a smart guy and he preceded the comment with “quote”, I felt compelled to look it up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a hater and there’s a lot of great stuff in here, but there is also what Marcellus read in that clip. I am pro-nuclear family wherever possible. Maybe this was meant to say we work together and survive when the nuclear family is no longer possible? IDK. But it’s in there so I can see where he would question it. Hey, Columbia would not have me on their radar, I promise!

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Feel free to respond,  or not. I’m just going to look forward to football coming soon as we move forward. 

GO BILLS! 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Since he’s a smart guy and he preceded the comment with “quote”, I felt compelled to look it up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a hater and there’s a lot of great stuff in here, but there is also what Marcellus read in that clip. I am pro-nuclear family wherever possible. Maybe this was meant to say we work together and survive when the nuclear family is no longer possible? IDK. But it’s in there so I can see where he would question it. Hey, Columbia would not have me on their radar, I promise!

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Feel free to respond,  or not. I’m just going to look forward to football coming soon as we move forward. 

GO BILLS! 

Personally, I'm not typically a person that's invested in specific social missions/causes. It's not my place, and honestly I'm not that interested. Where I do step in is on matters of oppression, and so this is a weird one for me.

However, this whole anti-nuclear family thing is just straight up reading comprehension failure, and that I can't abide.

Everyone that's come out against that line has conveniently taken it out of context, skipping down to that specific line and cutting out the parts that don't help them make their argument. The entire mission statement of one that is of inclusiveness. They reject the "requirement", not the option. They used the word specifically. The rest of their mission statement is much the same. The entire message is an expansion of ideas and accepted beliefs, not one of contractions as some folks are trying to characterize it as.

I reject tomatoes as a requirement for something to be called a sandwich, but if you want tomatoes on your sandwhich, you do you. That's what's being said there.

I have no idea why Marcellus Wiley is such a lightning rod for this. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Personally, I'm not typically a person that's invested in specific social missions/causes. It's not my place, and honestly I'm not that interested. Where I do step in is on matters of oppression, and so this is a weird one for me.

However, this whole anti-nuclear family thing is just straight up reading comprehension failure, and that I can't abide.

Everyone that's come out against that line has conveniently taken it out of context, skipping down to that specific line and cutting out the parts that don't help them make their argument. The entire mission statement of one that is of inclusiveness. They reject the "requirement", not the option. They used the word specifically. The rest of their mission statement is much the same. The entire message is an expansion of ideas and accepted beliefs, not one of contractions as some folks are trying to characterize it as.

I reject tomatoes as a requirement for something to be called a sandwich, but if you want tomatoes on your sandwich, you do you. That's what's being said there.

This reminds me of being on twitter and seeing someone tweet “Im not into politics, and I dont have strong feelings about Trump, but ...” and then you click on the tweet and see their Twitter handle is something ridiculous like @ResistTrumpAtAllCosts.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This reminds me of being on twitter and seeing someone tweet “Im not into politics, and I dont have strong feelings about Trump, but ...” and then you click on the tweet and see their Twitter handle is something ridiculous like @ResistTrumpAtAllCosts.

It shouldn't, because I don't have much of a posting history of saving the whales, blood drives, or march of dimes.

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I reject tomatoes as a requirement for something to be called a sandwich, but if you want tomatoes on your sandwhich, you do you. That's what's being said there.

I don’t have an argument. I just read the words, as have many others. Maybe it’s not clearly written if so many take exception? To dismantle the patriarchal practice and disrupt nuclear family structure - those are words that capture people. Maybe keeping the nuclear family intact is not always possible, but it should almost always be a high priority for the sake of future generations. It’s not a “requirement”, but it is almost always superior. 

Anyway, this is about am I looking forward any less to football, yes or no? The answer is a firm no. It will certainly be different, but I’m still looking forward to it. I just hope they get to finish what they start.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t have an argument. I just read the words, as have many others. Maybe it’s not clearly written if so many take exception? 

Anyway, this is about am I looking forward any less to football, yes or no? The answer is a firm no. It will certainly be different, but I’m still looking forward to it. I just hope they get to finish what they start.

If you read the sentence and you see the phrase  "disrupt requirement" and you interpret that as "completely eliminate", I'm honestly not sure if there are different words in the English language that would make it more clear. I mean that in all sincerity. The words mean what they mean.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2