Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Jon Feliciano torn pec - out indefinitely following surgery; expected to be 2-3 months

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

ND, I’m with you.  I loved Mongo Feliciano.  He brought a nastiness to this team.  The only and I mean only good thing is maybe Ford can get pulled inside to his natural position, and Nsekhe and Williams can handle the right side.  I’d start Nsekhe until he gets hurt as when he plays, he plays well.  Then Williams can Pop over if his knee holds up.  If not, Ford would have to go back to the right side and we place Long as the right Guard.  He’s demonstrated his abilities which I was on the side of not cutting him.  He is a very good depth players, and can move to Center if Morse gets hurt.  Morse is great, but Long played that position well until he banged up his hand at the Jets.

Without question he was a leader on the line last season,  offered toughness & would not tolerate defenders trying to take extra shots at Allen.  I consider him a glue guy player on that line, amazing what we signed him for and now this terrible news.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doc said:

 

Nope.  Never said that.  My point was that you can be in-shape and tear your pec...like Watt did.  But since there's almost nothing about/nobody on the team you like, which makes me wonder why you bother spending so much time here (besides being a masochist), you had to make your typical snarky comment and then get all huffy when called on it.

 

 

Or our of shape.   There you go.

 

I'm looking forward to my man Josh making the good moves and lighting it up this season.  Poor doc----stuck in high school where it's all about who "likes" who, and all those "haters".

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about Mongo. He was definitely an emotional leader. That being said, I felt he probably was a average performer against the pass rush last year and maybe the poorest of all the starters. He whiffed quite a few times including the playoff game. I think Long or Williams will not be a drop off in play and may actually be an upgrade in pass protection. 

 

The main downside is Feliciano was awesome as our backup C and with Mitch’s injury history I think that is the worst part of this news. In a no preseason year not having a backup center getting game reps is a very bad thing. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really sucks, love watching this guy play. He leaves it all out on the field, one of the solid players that can elevate his game to another level on certain weeks. He is the definition of a gamer. 

I hope he makes a full recovery and I hope he still gets a fair contract. I really hate when this happens  to guys who put everything on the line for the good of the team. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I think there are “opinions” that he will miss the season because this type of injury can be that type of timeline, but reports are 2-3 months expected and then “indefinite” by the team. Even the Buffalo news uses 3-4 months but not as an expected timeline, as a typical timeline. That’s where the confusion flows. 

 

It's tough because that area is stressed a LOT pretty much every snap by him having to reach his arms out and forcefully try and block opposing defenders...one of those things that if this happened to another position they might be able to get back quicker because there wouldn't be as much stress put on that area.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

It's tough because that area is stressed a LOT pretty much every snap by him having to reach his arms out and forcefully try and block opposing defenders...one of those things that if this happened to another position they might be able to get back quicker because there wouldn't be as much stress put on that area.

I do think the position that he plays will make it tougher for him to return on the aggressive side of that time frame 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or our of shape.   There you go.

 

I'm looking forward to my man Josh making the good moves and lighting it up this season.  Poor doc----stuck in high school where it's all about who "likes" who, and all those "haters".

 

Nice backtrack, as usual.  Read Yolo's link above.  Note the part where Feliciano says "Came in 15 pounds underweight + felt stronger than I've ever been."  Sounds real out-of-shape.  Although he must be lying, right?

 

And yeah, I'm the one who's "stuck."  But just out of curiosity, what's the reason for disliking Feliciano?  Did he jay-walk or something?

 

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

If the Bills could withstand an injury at any position on the OL, RG is it.

Edited by Doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be great to get him back, fresh, for the second half of the season and the big playoff run. He will be ready when it is time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scribo said:

It will be great to get him back, fresh, for the second half of the season and the big playoff run. He will be ready when it is time.

 

If he can come back that quickly.  Might be best to take the season off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

If he can come back that quickly.  Might be best to take the season off.

I am sure he will try as hard as he can to get back to it. These guys are ultra competitors. So then it comes down to what the team wants and NEEDS at that time.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doc said:

 

Nice backtrack, as usual.  Read Yolo's link above.  Note the part where Feliciano says "Came in 15 pounds underweight + felt stronger than I've ever been."  Sounds real out-of-shape.  Although he must be lying, right?

 

And yeah, I'm the one who's "stuck."  But just out of curiosity, what's the reason for disliking Feliciano?  Did he jay-walk or something?

 

 

If the Bills could withstand an injury at any position on the OL, RG is it.

 

 

I don't know him.  So I don't dislike him doc.  I was speculating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't know him.  So I don't dislike him doc.  I was speculating.

 

When you don't know or dislike people and hear bad news about them, you typically either say nothing or offer condolences and/or well wishes.  Speculating that it's because they're a lazy fatass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doc said:

 

When you don't know or dislike people and hear bad news about them, you typically either say nothing or offer condolences and/or well wishes.  Speculating that it's because they're a lazy fatass...

 

So you like fatasses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

 

So you like fatasses?

 

and he cannot lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

So you like fatasses?

 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

and he cannot lie.

 

You other brothers can't deny...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, Doc said:

 

If he can come back that quickly.  Might be best to take the season off.

Why? Of course it can vary in real life, but the expectations are 3-4 months. Which means November is possible, December quite sure. Still sucks, but he can there at the middle/end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Why? Of course it can vary in real life, but the expectations are 3-4 months. Which means November is possible, December quite sure. Still sucks, but he can there at the middle/end

 

Let's see how his rehab goes.  Hopefully it goes well and he can return this year and make a positive impact.  I don't want him rushing back just for the sake of playing, and playing poorly or having a setback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...