PFT pre-season power rankings

Not too much to argue with.  I’d put us ahead of the Titans, but we clearly have the biggest question mark at QB in the Top 10 (assuming Cam is decent) so I’m cool with the respect until Allen proves it’s warranted. 

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Patriots at number 4 is way too high.  Way too many questions, including what their QB situation will look like.

That was the biggest surprise in my mind. I know they have Belicheat but no way they can honestly say that roster is 5 spots ahead of us. Newton is coming off several injuries and hasn’t been good in 2 years an eternity in pro football years. Isn’t he like 0-9 his last 9 starts? 

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Patriots at number 4 is way too high.  Way too many questions, including what their QB situation will look like.

That was my thought  too  --- a lot of question marks on that team - seems as though there is a lot of blind faith in Cam Newton out there (not particularly warranted in my view). I am sure that their future Hall of Fame Coach will get this team ready and will have them prepared to be a contender this year - but way too many question marks to slot them into a projected spot as high as fourth. The remainder of the list looks to be pretty reasonable as far as pre-season prognostication goes -- can't wait to have some real football to talk about (and hoping that, under the circumstances, that we get to have some).    

The Patriots are going to be higher than they should be until it's clear they're going to lose the division.  It's up to the Bills to knock them off at the moment.  I think Buffalo will rise, and maybe by quite a bit if Allen shows improvement.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Patriots are going to be higher than they should be until it's clear they're going to lose the division.  It's up to the Bills to knock them off at the moment.  I think Buffalo will rise, and maybe by quite a bit if Allen shows improvement.

This.  

I can’t even get mad about the Pats at 4 because it’s up to us to prove they shouldn’t be there. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Robert James said:

The Pats will get the benefit of the doubt until someone (Bills hopefully) can take the division from them. They still have Belichick, a strong defense, and now Cam. Cam may not be the player he used to be but he is still a more proven QB than Allen. Its up to Josh and the Bills to change that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The Pats will get the benefit of the doubt until someone (Bills hopefully) can take the division from them. They still have Belichick, a strong defense, and now Cam. Cam may not be the player he used to be but he is still a more proven QB than Allen. Its up to Josh and the Bills to change that.

I mean sure, but they should be below the Saints and Seahawks for sure. If Cam is healthy, they could be good, but their skill positions leave a lot to be desired.

I'd put them at 7 at the highest. I don't think even with a healthy Cam Newton, they are a top 5 team

• Like (+1) 2

The Patriots were 10-1 in November last year before injuries took out both of their fullbacks (which limited their run game) and effected their entire WR corps.  Harry was injured 1st half of the year, Edelman was banged up Nov-Dec, Sanu was a gimp, their TE group was a no show and they were forced to use a LB for a FB in spot duty.

There is no way we can predict how that offense will look based on how the season ended.  A new QB for them and injuries will change their line up and ours.  What does stay the same are the coaches and experience, so this "The Pats will get the benefit of the doubt until someone (Bills hopefully) can take the division from them. They still have Belichick, a strong defense, and now Cam."  Belichick brought the Browns to the playoffs and won with Testaverde, went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.  So, food for thought...

Another spot to watch is their ROOKIE kicker.  #4 is a best case if everything goes right for them, #10 would be more realistic.

Edited by P Riv

23 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Much of what you say is correct.

But

....4th best team in all of football?!

I can understand #9 overall and #5 in the AFC. The Chiefs and Ravens are clearly viewed as the top two. The Titans are coming off of a strong post season and are the favorites in the South. Until we beat the Pats we are destined to be behind them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, TigerJ said:

I get what you’re saying, but 4 is still way too high. Even with Brady they lost in the wild card round last year and I don’t really see any big improvements made since then

Edited by Brennan Huff