Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FireChans

Malcolm Jenkins says “Jewish People are not our problem”

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

not sure if you meant to, but your quote doesn’t have context and can be misinterpreted easily.  
 

 He said it as in “Jewish people are not creating our problems. And we are not creating their problems.”  As in, we have “no issue with Jewish people and we need to focus on the real problems (which are not Jewish people)


He is not saying “hey, Jewish people are not our problem and we don’t care about them.”

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So let me get this straight. As long as you treat black/African-American people fairly it doesn't matter to him how other groups are treated? 

 

Is that not the same attitude that he claims to be fighting against in white people? The "not my race, not my problem" attitude? I mean this is kind or mind blowing that nobody sees this as an issue...that people can pretty much have the exact same attitude they claim to be fighting against when it comes to other minority groups but it is OK because they too are a minority group...I mean so as long as they have a seat at the dinner table its OK for all the other minorities to continue being thrown scraps from the table?

 

Just mind blowing...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So let me get this straight. As long as you treat black/African-American people fairly it doesn't matter to him how other groups are treated? 

 

Is that not the same attitude that he claims to be fighting against in white people? The "not my race, not my problem" attitude? I mean this is kind or mind blowing that nobody sees this as an issue...that people can pretty much have the exact same attitude they claim to be fighting against when it comes to other minority groups but it is OK because they too are a minority group...I mean so as long as they have a seat at the dinner table its OK for all the other minorities to continue being thrown scraps from the table?

 

Just mind blowing...


that's not what he said, this quote is grossly out of context, and you should actually see what someone says before you rant about someone.  

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:


that's not what he said, this quote is grossly out of context, and you should actually see what someone says before you rant about someone.  

 “We gotta stay focused. All of this back and forth that going on right now is a distraction.”

 

We can honor the Jewish heritage and trauma while staying focused on what matters. Jewish people aren’t our problem, and we aren’t their problem. Let’s not lose focus on what the problem truly is...”

 

Let’s stay focused on “what matters.” Not Jewish problems, our problems. All this discussion about anti-semitism is a “distraction.”

 

Nah man. You should listen to what he actually says.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTE is real, man....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The people with the biggest platforms are proving to be some of the dumbest. Just sad

 

Antisemitism apparently is a distraction and black people are the ones who should matter right now. 
 

If that isn’t racist af I truly don’t know what is. ***** you Malcom Jenkins

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Meh 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:


that's not what he said, this quote is grossly out of context, and you should actually see what someone says before you rant about someone.  

 

Its exactly what he said.

 

"Jewish people aren't our problem."

 

How is that taken out of context at all??

 

Maybe you should be questioning your own reading comprehension?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

 “We gotta stay focused. All of this back and forth that going on right now is a distraction.”

 

We can honor the Jewish heritage and trauma while staying focused on what matters. Jewish people aren’t our problem, and we aren’t their problem. Let’s not lose focus on what the problem truly is...”

 

Let’s stay focused on “what matters.” Not Jewish problems, our problems. All this discussion about anti-semitism is a “distraction.”

 

Nah man. You should listen to what he actually says.


so he gave a brief social media post on a complex/loaded issue. By its very nature that’ll leave a lot of holes. How you fill in the gaps and then project intent will be a bit of a Rorschach test.

 

based on following Jenkins a bit and knowing plenty of folks in the movement, my own assumptions of his intent are much mellower than yours- though certainly there are some in the lane you describe. 
 

in this case it came across to me as essentially both groups have their traumas and both suffer their own oppressions. They can each acknowledge each other’s situation and shouldn’t fall for the trap of arguing with each other instead of focusing on changing bigger issues. And only being able to expect so much from other groups fighting their own fights.


Almost akin to not hating your neighbor for his political beliefs when the government is screwing you both. That doesn’t mean you have to pick up his specific causes but instead of fighting him, each focus on fighting the power in your own ways. 
 

In this case, Chan, unfortunately for you as the non minority (or politician in the government if you will) you will be asked to come to the table to do lifting with their battles and be “with or against” while they likely won’t be coming down hard on other citizens to fight every battle all the time on behalf of everyone.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until someone gets these guys a mirror they will never understand the real problem.    Hard for me to take a millionaire that claims to believe in systemic racism seriously.  Take your money and fix your communities.   Educate young parents about the dangers of single parent households.   Start to try and figure out why despite the monetary support being available for African Americans to attend college only 42% of males have a degree.  

 

Jenkins is correct jewish people are not the problem, nor are any other race.  

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a thread on a fraught subject which begins by mis-quoting what the guy said is not going to go anywhere good, so “stitch in time” etc

Too many people don’t bother to actually read the link and react to the subject: line instead.

 

If someone wishes to re-post with a more accurate subject/OP that’s fine

 

@FireChans, if you want this moved to the PPP for you as is (where it’s OK as it stands) LMK and I’ll make it so.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...