If Trump loses and refuses to leave

9 hours ago, Kemp said:

"I'm not going to enter a legal judgement on the fly this morning," Pompeo told Sen. Tim Kaine during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, after the Virginia Democrat asked about Trump's tweet. "In the end, the DOJ, others, will make that legal determination." - Mike Pompeo.

So, Pompeo doesn't know what the Constitution says or he is lying. 

No 3rd option.

This is MAGA in a nutshell.

Those who back Pompeo and Trump on this either don't know what is in the Constitution or are lying.

Trump supporters can't dispute what I just wrote.

They can only say irrelevant things on the subject and personally insult.

What a sorry group.

9 hours have passed and the Trumpys continue to avoid like it's kryptonite.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

9 hours have passed and the Trumpys continue to avoid like it's kryptonite.

What are you expecting?  Us two address two sentences taken completely out of context.  I have no idea what he's even talking about.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What are you expecting?  Us two address two sentences taken completely out of context.  I have no idea what he's even talking about.  

I am confused about what you don't understand.

Trump floated idea of postponing elections. Pompeo says it's up to Justice Dept.

Constitution is crystal clear. 

Trump doesn't care about Constitution. Pompeo either doesn't know the Constitution (very unlikely) or doesn't care about Constitution. 

No Trump supporters here will comment on this stuff.

Why?

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Trump floated idea of postponing elections. Pompeo says it's up to Justice Dept.

Trump doesn't care about Constitution. Pompeo either doesn't know the Constitution (very unlikely) or doesn't care about Constitution. 

Why?

You threw out the quote as if everyone knew what he meant or what he was referring to.    

Question for you.   Could COVID wreak havoc on people being able to get out and vote. 

So what is the problem with floating the idea of postponing the election until we can come up with a viable solution during the pandemic? 

Edited by Chef Jim

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why?

Trump isn't going to change election day, only Congress can and he knows that, he is concerned about mail in voting, as we all should, for example, NYS had their primary over a month ago, and just finished counting the votes this week. If he loses he'll leave like everyone before him did, he's not leaving the WH kicking and screaming.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Why?

Big deal, Pompeo was wrong.

WTF does anyone care what the Secretary of State says about this issue? Is Pompeo going to send the State Department Troop Election Task Force to polling places to enforce the non existent postponement? No, he’s not. 

Find another issue to crap your pants about. 

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So what is the problem with floating the idea of postponing the election until we can come up with a viable solution during the pandemic? 

The law. The Constitution.

So, what would be the problem with floating the idea that we take away the Bill of Rights?

Even though I said Trumpers wouldn't be able to dispute what I said about Trump's and Pompeo's statements, I didn't expect someone to ask "what is the problem......"

We have reached a new low in what has now become an almost daily occurence.

5 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

Trump isn't going to change election day, only Congress can and he knows that, he is concerned about mail in voting, as we all should, for example, NYS had their primary over a month ago, and just finished counting the votes this week. If he loses he'll leave like everyone before him did, he's not leaving the WH kicking and screaming.

So, is Pompeo lying or stupid?

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Big deal, Pompeo was wrong.

WTF does anyone care what the Secretary of State says about this issue? Is Pompeo going to send the State Department Troop Election Task Force to polling places to enforce the non existent postponement? No, he’s not. 

Find another issue to crap your pants about. 

The Secretary of State offers a statement in direct opposition to the Constitution and you brush it off like he ordered a sandwich that's not on the menu.

You know he's wrong. Pompeo knows he's wrong, yet he has not retracted his statement, at least that I have seen.

Why do you think that is?

Trump floats an idea of postponing an election in direct opposition to the Constitution and you act as if it's no big deal.

My if question at the top of this thread is leaning towards more than if now and those here that told me that that could never happen are learning that.

Actually,  they're not learning a thing. If it does happen, most here will rationalize it away, because you would prefer a king or dictator if he was Trump.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

So, what would be the problem with floating the idea that we take away the Bill of Rights?

Even though I said Trumpers wouldn't be able to dispute what I said about Trump's and Pompeo's statements, I didn't expect someone to ask "what is the problem......"

So, is Pompeo lying or stupid?

Don’t you people try to legislate the Second Amendment like every full moon?

Did you eat lead chips as a kid?

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Don’t you people try to legislate the Second Amendment like every full moon?

Did you eat lead chips as a kid?

Another slow one.

Defends an administration toying with delaying an election in direct contrast with the Constitution, but no doubt considers himself a patriot and  law and order guy.

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

Why?

I think you give Pompeo and the rest of Covid Donnie's sycophants too much credit.  They know about as much as about the US Constitution as their boss: zilch.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

I think you give Pompeo and the rest of Covid Donnie's sycophants too much credit.  They know about as much as about the US Constitution as their boss: zilch.

I definitely disagree. Pompeo knew and without a doubt, now knows, but won't retract. He's evil.

We don't even know if Trump can pass a dementia test, so no way he knows what's in the Constitution. He's evil and a moron.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

The Secretary of State offers a statement in direct opposition to the Constitution and you brush it off like he ordered a sandwich that's not on the menu.

Yep. Why ask him about it in the first place?  Why get worked up over it?  He’s got as much control over this as you do.

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

You know he's wrong. Pompeo knows he's wrong, yet he has not retracted his statement, at least that I have seen.

Why do you think that is?

You want every administration official to retract every stupid or incorrect thing they say? How about elected officials?  Do you realize how delusional this is?  I believe you only want them to retract statements you disagree with. 

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

Trump floats an idea of postponing an election in direct opposition to the Constitution and you act as if it's no big deal.

I’ll act as if it is a big deal once Congress gets serious about it. Wake me then. Perhaps it is you who doesn’t know how the laws work and which branch of the government passes or changes them. Did you act as though it was a big deal when Andrew Cuomo and several other governors issued executive orders delaying primary elections and conducting them with mail ballots for everyone? 

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

My if question at the top of this thread is leaning towards more than if now and those here that told me that that could never happen are learning that.

Actually,  they're not learning a thing. If it does happen, most here will rationalize it away, because you would prefer a king or dictator if he was Trump.

Don’t break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back. Your first (un-original) hypothetical is just that.  Trump’s statement has no actual bearing on that. Nobody wants to get into your panic room with you.  All you’re looking for is validation of a myth. And because nobody wants to get into your panic room you call them names. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I definitely disagree. Pompeo knew and without a doubt, now knows, but won't retract. He's evil.

We don't even know if Trump can pass a dementia test, so no way he knows what's in the Constitution. He's evil and a moron.

I once erroneously thought that Richard Nixon was the worst POTUS in my life time, but even Nixon loved his country and respected the US Constitution enough to resign rather than face potential removal from office.

Covid Donnie loves only himself and respects nothing.   Nothing matters to him except what he wants and what he thinks is good for him, no matter what the cost to Americans and the US.  His response to the coronavirus pandemic demonstrates that in spades.   He's a would-be dictator perfectly capable of descending to the level of Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc if allowed to do so.  The immediate rejection of Trump's suggestion to postpone the presidential election by Congressional Republicans gives me hope that if Covid Donnie loses the election and refuses to leave that he will be forced out by total lack of support from both American politicians who love their country and respect the US Constitution. 

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yep. Why ask him about it in the first place?  Why get worked up over it?  He’s got as much control over this as you do.

You want every administration official to retract every stupid or incorrect thing they say? How about elected officials?  Do you realize how delusional this is?  I believe you only want them to retract statements you disagree with. 

I’ll act as if it is a big deal once Congress gets serious about it. Wake me then. Perhaps it is you who doesn’t know how the laws work and which branch of the government passes or changes them. Did you act as though it was a big deal when Andrew Cuomo and several other governors issued executive orders delaying primary elections and conducting them with mail ballots for everyone? 

Don’t break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back. Your first (un-original) hypothetical is just that.  Trump’s statement has no actual bearing on that. Nobody wants to get into your panic room with you.  All you’re looking for is validation of a myth. And because nobody wants to get into your panic room you call them names. 

It's a myth?

It's playing out right in front of you in the open. Either you're as slow as Trump or you are fine with it.

Don't pretend to be a law and order patriot, like Trump does, because you have no problem with tossing the Constitution into the trash.

Only fools and those who wouldn't mind abolishing democracy are still proudly wearing their MAGA hats.

Then again, you have had lots of chances to jump off the bandwagon.

His saying there are good people on both sides, when one side has Nazis.

His breaking the Emoluments clause.

His suggestion that injecting bleach might cure a virus.

Now, he wants to trash the Constitution. 

But you're still with him. That tells me all I need to know about folks like you.

You would follow him into the sewer.

You already have.

Idiot, evil, or both is the only remaining question.

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yeah god forbid we open a conversation to figure out how best to make sure everyone’s vote counts during the worst pandemic in 100 years.  

BTW which section of the Bill of Rights states that Presidential Election MUST be held on the first Tuesday in November. What part of the Constitution states the Election Day MUST be on the first Tuesday in November?  

Election day is when a winner is usually chosen, Trump was saying that could be delayed due to mail in voting and gave NYS as an example, their primary was over a month ago and just now finished counting the votes, but let's make it bigger then it really is