Dreamers Saved! DACA Upheld!

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No Man Is Above The Law.

Not even a Fake Tan, fat tub of lard who "wishes to be king"

Yes thats the point.

But your TDS makes you blind to the fact...........................and sound childish.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LOL

Have you not noticed how Don acts, and that he has referred to himself as King ? 

Oh wow, he acts bad. 

Excuse me for not continuing a discussion with someone who refuses to consider the easy implication of a capricious ruling.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No Man Is Above The Law.

Not even a Fake Tan, fat tub of lard who "wishes to be king"

How about an Ayatollah who gave Billions to his Iranian rulers, and apologized to them when they took a ship full of Navy sailors to embarrass them

I see the Trump Defender Syndrome is still running strong. 

Don is a FRAUD and always has been.  

Why are grassroot conservatives

SUPPORTING and DEFENDING a New York ELITIST? 

He promised to "Drain the SWAMP" and refill it the Best and the Brightest.  Now along with his Family and Cronies everyone Don Hired are LOSERS and Dopes.

Hey Don.  Why did you hire the LOSERS and Dopes in the first place?

• Like (+1) 1

Now, as scathing criticism of Trump has emerged from Bolton’s forthcoming memoir, the president is trying to rewrite history, describing his former aide as “incompetent!,” “wacko” and “a disgruntled boring fool who only wanted to go to war.”

“Never had a clue, was ostracized & happily dumped. What a dope!” Trump, who pushed Bolton out in September, tweeted Thursday.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I see the Trump Defender Syndrome is still running strong. 

Don is a FRAUD and always has been.  

Why are grassroot conservatives

SUPPORTING and DEFENDING a New York ELITIST? 

He promised to "Drain the SWAMP" and refill it the Best and the Brightest.  Now along with his Family and Cronies everyone Don Hired are LOSERS and Dopes.

Hey Don.  Why did you hire the LOSERS and Dopes in the first place?

Awesome.  I see the teenage contingent has spoken.  

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/nation-world/trump-renewing-efforts-against-daca/507-95c78241-662e-4b02-bbe5-477548f62fc4

"The Supreme Court asked us to resubmit on DACA, nothing was lost or won," his tweet said. "They 'punted', much like in a football game (where hopefully they would stand for our great American Flag). We will be submitting enhanced papers shortly in order to properly fulfil the Supreme Court’s ruling & request of yesterday."

he;s actually going to try again. Atta boy Donald. Why not just appoint a few more supremes to the court..oh wait its a lifetime appointment you have to wait for someone to die or retire....his reaction: 

GIF by moodman
Edited by Muppy

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

This is not so much about DADA/DAVA/DOODOO crap DACA!  But I’ll put this here.  

What are all your thoughts about free healthcare for all AND open borders?  I hope this pandemic has opened your eyes to the absurdity of those two things together.  Thoughts.  

The US has had a form of universal health care for more than 50 years in the form of Medicare for seniors.  All seniors who qualify for Social Security also qualify for Medicare.  It's not free but premiums are very low compared to private insurance and it covers 80% of medical costs for most seniors, and 100% of med costs for very poor recipients as well as those who are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans. 

I would support a Medicare-like system expanded to the entire US population.   People would pay somewhat more in taxes but much less in health insurance premiums. 

As for open borders, I'm not naive enough to believe that that's a viable policy.  However,  I think that the US should streamline the immigration process to make it easier for people who wish to come to this country permanently to do so.  The reason that there's so many "illegal" immigrants is because it takes years for ordinary people without political or familial connections to get permission to enter the country permanently. 

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My own personal view on Dreamers and illegal immigrants that are here truly trying to make better lives for themselves and their families is that they should be fast tracked for citizenship while, at the same time, immigation laws are reformed.

Having said that, Supreme Court Justices exist to act as last resort, impartial guardians and their decisions should not be based on anything other than the interpretations of the constitution and existing laws.

What a Justice personally thinks about anyone involved in a case before him/him should never be of consideration. If the Justice cannot remain impartial, then the Justice should recuse himself/herself.

The POTUS is not just "anyone involved in a case".  He is the head of state, and not a private citizen.  The POTUS' official actions are always reviewable by the SCOTUS.

37 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Well, except all of them that looted and burned with impunity. They're OK, because "injustice."

Like the whites who murdered hundreds of blacks in Tulsa in the worst race massacre in 1921 right? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The US has had a form of universal health care for more than 50 years in the form of Medicare for seniors.  All seniors who qualify for Social Security also qualify for Medicare.  It's not free but premiums are very low compared to private insurance and it covers 80% of medical costs for most seniors, and 100% of med costs for very poor recipients as well as those who are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans. 

I would support a Medicare-like system expanded to the entire US population.   People would pay somewhat more in taxes but much less in health insurance premiums. 

As for open borders, I'm not naive enough to believe that that's a viable policy.  However,  I think that the US should streamline the immigration process to make it easier for people who wish to come to this country permanently to do so.  The reason that there's so many "illegal" immigrants is because it takes years for ordinary people without political or familial connections to get permission to enter the country permanently. 

Thanks for the education on how Medicare works.  When you say we'll pay "somewhat more" in taxes what does that even mean.  Wait.....are you Elizabeth Warren??  

Personally I like the fact that it's hard to immigrate here.   It makes sure we get motivated people.   Make them work for it. 

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The POTUS is not just "anyone involved in a case".  He is the head of state, and not a private citizen.  The POTUS' official actions are always reviewable by the SCOTUS.

Perhaps you should go back and read what I wrote again. The POTUS's actions are always reviewable. My point was that the actions are reviewed in relation to the constitution and existing laws, period. In that respect, he is exactly the same as any other person involved in a case before the Supreme Court. Who he is, what his position is, what the Justices think about him personally are all irrelevant.

Do you understand the distinction?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Because something that happened a century ago matters today.

Let me get this straight ...  removing statutes of white supremacist "heroes" who fought against the US more than 150 years is "erasing history" but dismissing whites massacring hundreds of blacks a century ago as "irrelevant to today" is NOT "erasing history".    Viva the hypocrisy of the Right!  :thumbdown:

Edited by SoTier

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Perhaps you should go back and read what I wrote again. The POTUS's actions are always reviewable. My point was that the actions are reviewed in relation to the constitution and existing laws, period. In that respect, he is exactly the same as any other person involved in a case before the Supreme Court. Who he is, what his position is, what the Justices think about him personally are all irrelevant.

Do you understand the distinction?

I understand the distinction but I think that Roberts would rule the same way no matter who the POTUS was if he or she acted the same way.

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

laughable that a leftist talks about hypocrisy.

utterly and completely laughable.

De-nial ain't just a river in Egypt ... it floods out from the Liar in Chief and his worshippers whenever they open their mouths ... or type on their keyboards.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

I understand the distinction but I think that Roberts would rule the same way no matter who the POTUS was if he or she acted the same way.

I don't know if he would or he wouldn't. My response was to someone who posted an article asserting that, at least part of, Roberts' motivation for his decision was based on his personal feelings about Trump. I have no idea if it is true. I am simply saying there is no place for that in any judicial setting - especially at the Supreme Court level.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

YES:

Mike-Lee-SCOTUS-600x225.png

Unchecked executive authority was just one of the many abuses the Founders tried to guard against,

but I guess certain justices missed that day in conlaw.

Yeah, from what I understand, that ruling was a pretzel. Basically it said, yes Trump can undo it, but we didn't like the way he was undoing it, so DHS should try again.  :blink:  Next time, they should do better at crossing those T-s and dotting those i-s! And don't forget the all important comma placement.  So strange.

And, there are no more DACAs, and the current DACA kids have to register every two years? (or did I misread that?) And, if they can still be shipped back if they commit crimes?

Do I feel sorry for the DACA kids? Absolutely. They have been political pawns for many years now.  If they were brought over as 2-year-olds and have lived here the last 20 years, they probably should have a track to American citizenship, provided they have not committed a felony in stealing someone's identity (through a SS#). Their parents? Not-so-much.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am shocked they are doing this before the election. Maybe they would like the Democrats to actually help legislate on the matter?

The SCOTUS is NOT an arm of the Trump re-election campaign, sweetie.

• Like (+1) 1