If we don't go RB in 2nd, bring back Shady?

Irv

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I don't get the obsession with adding a running back in round 2 who will carry the ball 5-6 times a game. 

Well did Singletary show enough last year to where he is the unquestioned starter? 

They didn’t use him much in the beginning of the year although he was productive, then he got hurt, then the Bills seemingly phased out Gore only to give him 8 carries in the Playoff game.

To me, that position is not set in stone. The Bills get Dobbins and he beats out Singletary as the starter, that’s fine to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Yes,  he was inactive  in KC but they have a bunch of good backs and they don't need to run much with Mahomes.  I don't think Shady left on bad terms, just a money deal.  After Singeltary the cupboard is totally empty -  Wade, DiMarco, Yeldon.  I also think he would benefit from the upgraded line.  He had a bunch of turnstile blockers when he was here.     

You took trumps advice, didn’t you?..

4E1230E1-BD2D-4F81-9BA1-AD70AE443E02.jpeg

I like Shady and thought it was dumb for them to release him in favor of Gore.  Shady would have been far better than Gore last year.  

That said it is time to get young.  RB is the easiest position in the NFL to learn and play.  Just get a RB today or tomorrow.  There will be other veteran options available if injuries occur.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well did Singletary show enough last year to where he is the unquestioned starter? 

They didn’t use him much in the beginning of the year although he was productive, then he got hurt, then the Bills seemingly phased out Gore only to give him 8 carries in the Playoff game.

To me, that position is not set in stone. The Bills get Dobbins and he beats out Singletary as the starter, that’s fine to me. 

I think Singletary is very good, but if this is how the board falls then that's how it goes.

Personally I think Singletary can handle about 14 carries a game, Josh will get his 6-7 carries, then some sort of backup can pitch in 5-6 carries a game spelling Singletary. 

I don't view it as a position of need. I'd much rather try to add an impact defender to keep that side of the ball elite. 

I'd prefer to add a complimentary back in the 4th or 5th round. 

Edited by jrober38