Statistical data vs emotion -

Magox

9 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Not to sound harsh, but I would say absolutely NOT! Problem in a nursing home, and probably the main reason we have so many infected, is that most of them have a single tied together air system. So even if you only have one infected, lock them in their room, it WILL spread through the air system. Their not isolated systems like a hospital ward or even a darn hotel. 

We are really really screwing up in nursing homes and we don't need a Cuomo multi-million dollar study to find out how.

Where do they go if not to their home?

I don't think this has been posted in any of the threads.   Apologize if it was. Fantastic presentation from 2 doctors in California on the virus and sheltering.  Data based discussion.  It's over an hour long.  Just finished watching.  It was worth the trip.  Interestingly youtube took this down due to some "policy violation" but it is back up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

And once again the video above has been removed for "terms of service" violation which is a total crock.  My guess is the CA Governor's office didn't like it and asked Google to take it down.  Blatant partisan censorship.

i don't know why as Americans, we don't simply move away from these platforms that strive to censor our first amendment rights. or why these obviously partisan 'publishers' are not under scrutiny by the fed gov for these practices.

there are platforms that don't censor such as YouTube competitors Bitchute and DTube (inheritantly resistant to modifications due to it's blockchain basis). and/or Twitter competitor, Gab.

anyhoo, here is the video on BitChute:

UzOGEJi.png

https://www.bitchute.com/video/v5A1B6KIvusv/

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i don't know why as Americans, we don't simply move away from these platforms that strive to censor our first amendment rights. or why these obviously partisan 'publishers' are not under scrutiny by the fed gov for these practices.

there are platforms that don't censor such as YouTube competitors Bitchute and DTube (inheritantly resistant to modifications due to it's blockchain basis). and/or Twitter competitor, Gab.

anyhoo, here is the video on BitChute:

UzOGEJi.png

https://www.bitchute.com/video/v5A1B6KIvusv/

Google and Facebook buy everything that seems to be a threat to their dominance. I'd be willing to guess some people just start new apps and socials simply to be bought by Facebook and Google. When Google Play will not allow your app, your social will not go far.

Youtube alternatives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the effects of the shutdown weren't bad enough as it is.

Then there is this:

As many as 75,000 Americans could die because of drug or alcohol misuse and suicide as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, according to an analysis conducted by the national public health group Well Being Trust.

The growing unemployment crisis, economic downturns and stress caused by isolation and lack of a definitive end date for the pandemic could significantly increase so-called “deaths of despair” unless local, state and federal authorities take action, the group says in a new report released Friday.

“Unless we get comprehensive federal, state, and local resources behind improving access to high-quality mental health treatments and community supports, I worry we’re likely to see things get far worse when it comes to substance misuse and suicide,” Well Being Trust’s chief strategy officer Dr. Benjamin F. Miller said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Cape Cod Healthcare to furlough more than 600 

Workforce reduction tied to ‘historic’ financial losses during pandemic

By Cynthia McCormick

cmccormick@capecodonline.com

HYANNIS — Citing “historic” financial losses because of the coronavirus pandemic, Cape Cod Healthcare’s leader announced Thursday that more than 10% of the workforce will be furloughed for at least a month starting Sunday.

The furlough of more than 600 employees comes as the parent company of Cape Cod and Falmouth hospitals faces a loss of $74 million this fiscal year, Cape Cod Healthcare President and CEO Michael K. Lauf said.

“Today was a bad day for Cape Cod Healthcare,” Lauf said during an afternoon press briefing. “I never thought in my 12 years here I would have to do what I did today.”

“Every type of position was impacted” except for bedside nurses and those on the front lines fighting the pandemic, Lauf said.

The workforce reduction — temporary for now — is being carried out across the board at Cape Cod Healthcare’s hospitals, 

urgent care centers and offices, Lauf said.

It affects physicians, nurses, technicians, aides and parking lot attendants in addition to many other positions, Lauf said.

In addition to the furloughs, management and executives are taking salary cuts, Lauf said. His CEO pay and that of executive vice presidents will be cut 12.5%, while vice presidents and directors will see pay reduction rates of 10% and 7.5%, respectively. Lauf said his pay cut comes on top of his not being paid a salary for April.

Manager pay will be cut 5%, Lauf said.

Responding to the coronavirus pandemic has cost Cape Cod Healthcare 41% of its revenue through canceled elective procedures, reduced outpatient visits and the establishment of hospital triage sites, a mobile testing clinic and three stepdown facilities, Lauf said.

I'm certain that this is what's in store for the rest of the country if they haven't done so already.

Hospitals were effectively shut down as fighting the Wuhan Virus became Job #1 in the country. 

Ironic isn't it? Healthcare facilities were told to close their elective surgery centers and Drs and Nurses are getting laid off all because of the hysteria that ensued.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

I think the effects as @GG was referencing regarding the massive amount of impoverished kids dying is truly lamentable and could have been avoided. 

These deaths are not going to end when COVID-19 is in our rear view mirror.  No, it will still be in it's infancy stages.

This is where lefties miss the mark.  They claim to hold the moral high ground when it comes to empathy, the reality is that their actions are much less helpful to the poor than they are able to grasp.

These shutdowns in the U.S, whose jobs are being affected most?  Is it the rich?  The middle class? or the poor working class?    

These school shutdowns, who does it impact the most?  The rich?  The middle class?  or the poor working class?

Mental illness and drug/alcohol abuse due to COVID, who does it impact the most?

Worldwide, in under developed and emerging nations the disparities are even worse.

No, the left is completely bankrupt on this issue.  They have no moral high ground, their views on COVID-19 are highly political and myopic in that their focus is viewed through a narrow singular prism.  They view COVID-19 in a vacuum with very little regard of the residual effects of the decisions they make.

The irony is that they claim to be champions of the poor working class, the reality is that their actions cause the most disparities between the rich and poor.

All they have in their tool box is wealth distribution.   

Bankrupt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think the effects as @GG was referencing regarding the massive amount of impoverished kids dying is truly lamentable and could have been avoided. 

These deaths are not going to end when COVID-19 is in our rear view mirror.  No, it will still be in it's infancy stages.

This is where lefties miss the mark.  They claim to hold the moral high ground when it comes to empathy, the reality is that their actions are much less helpful to the poor than they are able to grasp.

These shutdowns in the U.S, whose jobs are being affected most?  Is it the rich?  The middle class? or the poor working class?    

These school shutdowns, who does it impact the most?  The rich?  The middle class?  or the poor working class?

Mental illness and drug/alcohol abuse due to COVID, who does it impact the most?

Worldwide, in under developed and emerging nations the disparities are even worse.

No, the left is completely bankrupt on this issue.  They have no moral high ground, their views on COVID-19 are highly political and myopic in that their focus is viewed through a narrow singular prism.  They view COVID-19 in a vacuum with very little regard of the residual effects of the decisions they make.

The irony is that they claim to be champions of the poor working class, the reality is that their actions cause the most disparities between the rich and poor.

All they have in their tool box is wealth distribution.   

Bankrupt.

The utter disgust is that this was totally predicted and warned as the real side effect of the extended lock downs.

But hey, let me post a few cartoons of Trump, and I will feel good about my depraved state of mind.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

The utter disgust is that this was totally predicted and warned as the real side effect of the extended lock downs.

But hey, let me post a few cartoons of Trump, and I will feel good about my depraved state of mind.

100%.  Look, this thread was posted in April.  We were discussing these risks early on, it was highly predictable.

How is it that guys like us, who are not politicians were able to foresee these things, yet politicians with tons of resources couldn't have their staff come up with research to foresee these things and then do something about it?

It's crazy how we know more than they do.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

100%.  Look, this thread was posted in April.  We were discussing these risks early on, it was highly predictable.

How is it that guys like us, who are not politicians were able to foresee these things, yet politicians with tons of resources couldn't have their staff come up with research to foresee these things and then do something about it?

What makes you think that there weren't politicians that had the data that exactly this would happen if we remained on lock down for an extended period of time?

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Oh, the politicians knew it.   Someone should play a loop of King Andrew's response to a brave journalist's question in April or May about how the extended lockdowns would affect the vulnerable population.  He totally dismissed suicides, overdoses and spousal/child abuses as collateral damage that wasn't as bad as Covid. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What makes you think that there weren't politicians that had the data that exactly this would happen if we remained on lock down for an extended period of time?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Oh, the politicians knew it.   Someone should play a loop of King Andrew's response to a brave journalist's question in April or May about how the extended lockdowns would affect the vulnerable population.  He totally dismissed suicides, overdoses and spousal/child abuses as collateral damage that wasn't as bad as Covid. 

I'm not so sure that many did.  I think their staffers look at things from a highly political point of view.  I honestly do believe that many of these politicians do view COVID-19 in a vacuum, that they put too much emphasis from epidemiologists have to say whose sole task is to view COVID in COVID terms.  

I hear some of these guys talk and they sound extremely ignorant on the topic and they just parrot basic talking points.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They DID do something about it. They kept people locked down. Knowing the end results.

I happen to think that many of the Democratic Politicians and their staffers are so dogmatic about their views, that they are clueless when it comes to things that are outside their wheelhouse. 

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm not so sure that many did.  I think their staffers look at things from a highly political point of view.  I honestly do believe that many of these politicians do view COVID-19 in a vacuum, that they put too much emphasis from epidemiologists have to say whose sole task is to view COVID in COVID terms.  

I hear some of these guys talk and they sound extremely ignorant on the topic and they just parrot basic talking points.

I happen to think that many of the Democratic Politicians and their staffers are so dogmatic about their views, that they are clueless when it comes to things that are outside their wheelhouse. 

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity?  I must admit, I cannot rule that out.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity?  I must admit, I cannot rule that out.

Actually this kind of quote is pertinent today because so many people are proud of their ignorance and remain that way to help their arguments. My ten year old has a bed time of 9 pm during the summer. She for a few days early on get in bed at 830 and read, so we would say our goodnights. The problem was she would not go to bed at 9, and would simply not look at her clock. She said twice I didn't know what time it was and she should not be punished due to that. Liberals are using a similar thought process, they don't want the info that disagrees with them but want to not face the consequences of their beliefs