TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

The Dallas Cowboys select QB Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

Jerry Jones:  This selection is not meant to sent a message to Franchise Tagged Dak Prescott, but we can't help if he takes it that way and signs his deal.  We have no depth at QB and Hurts could be used similarly to what Taysum Hill has become in New Orleans.  We had needs at slot receiver and interior line depth, but value wasn't there and a trade back didn't come to fruition.  We like the value Hurts brings us and will find ways to get him on the field.

The Rams @CNYfanare on the clock

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Jerry Jones:  This selection is not meant to sent a message to Franchise Tagged Dak Prescott, but we can't help if he takes it that way and signs his deal.  We have no depth at QB and Hurts could be used similarly to what Taysum Hill has become in New Orleans.  We had needs at slot receiver and interior line depth, but value wasn't there and a trade back didn't come to fruition.  We like the value Hurts brings us and will find ways to get him on the field.

I wonder if Hurts is there in the 4th if the Bills pull the trigger.  I think it would come down to Dabol's assessment and I'm interested in what that is.  Would be a dynamic backup qb and I love the value in the 4th for buffalo

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Oh man. That would be so tasty. Bring on the controversy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Oh man. That would be so tasty. Bring on the controversy! 

I wasn’t going to do it until I saw a few mocks that had the Cowboys take him in the third and then I thought....

What a Jerry thing to do

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wasn’t going to do it until I saw a few mocks that had the Cowboys take him in the third and then I thought....

What a Jerry thing to do

It really is. I’ve seen some people compare Hurts to Prescott so it makes sense from that perspective. It would create so much drama. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, qwksilver said:

For those you that are looking to move up some spots. Pick 88 is up for sale as the Saints only have 4 picks left and we'd like to acquire more. 

Had Logic not taken the guy I was willing to pay big to come back up for we might have been able to make something happen. 

I still have some guys I would be willing to come back into the very end of the 3rd for if the people in that comp pick territory are looking to move back. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Had Logic not taken the guy I was willing to pay big to come back up for we might have been able to make something happen. 

I still have some guys I would be willing to come back into the very end of the 3rd for if the people in that comp pick territory are looking to move back. 

Which guy was it?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Which guy was it?

Troy Dye. I'd have given up all 3 of my 4th rounders to get back up for him.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Oops! Sorry folks, had no idea. Let me take a look and I’ll send in my pick. 

It'a alright. Was Virgil's fault ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

With the 83rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State.

We've got some pieces at linebacker that we're excited about, but we see this kid as a sideline to sideline disrupter who will instantly help us in coverage. We have to have an answer for KC's speed twice a year, and this kid flies. Maybe a little early for him, but we feel that our 3-4 defense will naturally hide some of his weaknesses and bring out some of his strengths. Besides, Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about Linebackers. 

NOW @CNYfan and the LA - "how did you think that logo was a good idea" - Rams are on the clock. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 83rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State.

We've got some pieces at linebacker that we're excited about, but we see this kid as a sideline to sideline disrupter who will instantly help us in coverage. We have to have an answer for KC's speed twice a year, and this kid flies. Maybe a little early for him, but we feel that our 3-4 defense will naturally hide some of his weaknesses and bring out some of his strengths. Besides, Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about Linebackers. 

NOW @CNYfan and the LA - "how did you think that logo was a good idea" - Rams are on the clock. 

Ohhhh, nice fit! I like that! Even though I drafted Murray in the first, i was eyeing Davis-Gaither at the bottom of the round. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ohhhh, nice fit! I like that! Even though I drafted Murray in the first, i was eyeing Davis-Gaither at the bottom of the round. 

Yeah... I really like him. I was wondering if I should risk leaving him for my next pick but I decided I didn't want to risk it. We have some young guys at ILB (Alexander Johnson really showed out well down the stretch) But I like Akeems athleticism. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So with the 84th selection in this TSW Mock draft the LA Rams, they of the hideous new logo, select

Zach Moss, RB, Utah

This was a 9 win team last year and they feel they are within striking distance of the play-offs in 2020.    They have lost some key players including Todd Gurley.   Snead wanted to keep with the defense or OL but felt now was the time to rejuvenate the offense with this player that Snead and McVay felt would be the perfect compliment in a committee and probably the head of that committee.  

The Lions and @frostbitmic are on the clock

@Virgil

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

this is a great pick, esp. in a division with KC.  

37 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

So with the 84th selection in this TSW Mock draft the LA Rams, they of the hideous new logo, select

Zach Moss, RB, Utah

This was a 9 win team last year and they feel they are within striking distance of the play-offs in 2020.    They have lost some key players including Todd Gurley.   Snead wanted to keep with the defense or OL but felt now was the time to rejuvenate the offense with this player that Snead and McVay felt would be the perfect compliment in a committee and probably the head of that committee.  

The Lions and @frostbitmic are on the clock

@Virgil

That’s a good pick for them. I like him and Henderson as a 1-2.

Just now, RyanC883 said:

this is a great pick, esp. in a division with KC.  

Sweet! I was definitely second guessing myself, so I’m happy to see it get good grades!

• Thank you (+1) 1