The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

I have reviewed scientific and medical studies for 40 years now, and I  read the entire paper from  Henry Ford.  There are some methodologic flaws.  The biggest one is that they do not define what patients got HCQ, which got that plus zithro, which got none, and why.  So it's impossible to know if the differences represent the drug or some other o\issue with patient selection.   The other big one is that 68% of patients also received corticosteroids, and again we don't know which.  There is data indicating that steroids (dexamethasone) decrease Covid symptoms, so again I can't tell in the HCQ effect might be a steroid effect.  I think the data would certainly warrant more investigation, and if I was treating a Covid patient I'd probably get on the phone to the authors to get more info and consider using the HCQ.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He is the head of surgery at Lenox Hill- to state he is a Fox News talking head is like saying Obama is some basketball fan- it is either done to be humorous, as ESPN did it, or astoundingly stupid. I do disagree that Trump has done everything right since he clearly should have stopped Cuomo from putting the sick back in with the most likely to die.

Too often I think we forget that we are the United States, 50 of them and that our States have to manage themselves.  The Federal government made decisions such as banning certain travel and provided guidance, equipment and financial assistance to the states.  We can't and shouldn't look for the federal government's involvement in everything.  The Federal Government IMO needs to get its own house in order on the big responsibilities and let States manage themselves.  Cuomo made a decision within his state.  He'll have to take responsibility for it.  Not a Fed issue IMO. 

Edited by keepthefaith

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Too often I think we forget that we are the United States, 50 of them and that our States have to manage themselves.  The Federal government made decisions such as banning certain travel and provided guidance, equipment and financial assistance to the states.  We can't and shouldn't look for the federal government's involvement in everything.  The Federal Government IMO needs to get its own house in order on the big responsibilities and let States manage themselves.  Cuomo made a decision within his state.  He'll have to take responsibility for it.  Not a Fed issue IMO. 

I am stating with 20/20 hindsight but I generally agree with you. But since I know Trump could have saved 20000 Americans by taking power away from Cuomo it is easy to say now. As I write it I am blown away by the magnitude of Cuomo's mistake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

THEY WON’T: 

Media Should Do A Mea Culpa as French Analysis Offers a Stunning Observation About Hydroxychloroquine Use.

Stopping Trump was more important than saving lives.

Yup, and people need to be held accountable, especially the Fauci's of the world! This chart from the article says it all!

hydroxychloroquine

• Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yup, and people need to be held accountable, especially the Fauci's of the world! This chart from the article says it all!

hydroxychloroquine

I was labeled anti science when I posted this research previously...

How interesting...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Cinga said:

hydroxychloroquine

This type of information is being actively and systematically suppressed but thanks to doctors who want to help people, we are seeing the death percentages fall with better overall outcomes.  You would think people would jump all over this but no.  Put your mask on and shut up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I was labeled anti science when I posted this research previously...

How interesting...

2 hours ago, realtruelove said:

This type of information is being actively and systematically suppressed but thanks to doctors who want to help people, we are seeing the death percentages fall with better overall outcomes.  You would think people would jump all over this but no.  Put your mask on and shut up.

2 things caused all of this, and cost a lot of lives in the process. 

First, the bullshiff article in the Lancet this article mentions. It was that article that made the Swiss and so many other quit using or prescribing HCQ.

The article lied, and people died.

Second..... Trump.... Trump was quick on the HCQ bandwagon, so the then of course the media, and people who simply don't like Trump, jumped on any opportunity to discredit HCQ.

They lied, and people died.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

2 things caused all of this, and cost a lot of lives in the process. 

First, the bullshiff article in the Lancet this article mentions. It was that article that made the Swiss and so many other quit using or prescribing HCQ.

The article lied, and people died.

Second..... Trump.... Trump was quick on the HCQ bandwagon, so the then of course the media, and people who simply don't like Trump, jumped on any opportunity to discredit HCQ.

They lied, and people died.

This is so sad and so true.  

• Like (+1) 2

The first and most important was Trump touting it.  Anytime he supports something, the left automatically goes the opposite way, even if they supported it themselves up until then.  That happened very very early-on.  Could have saved a lot of lives if the left/MSM wasn't hell-bent on having people die just to make him look bad. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

This is so sad and so true.  

And don’t think for a second that those ***** won’t do it again. They don’t give a ***** about lives other than their own. Oh, but they won’t admit that. It’s not in their words but it’s in their action. The sad part is; they’re too stupid to realize their own lies aren’t true so they then validate their actions with excuses that make it appear that they’re trying to do something good.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The first and most important was Trump touting it.  Anytime he supports something, the left automatically goes the opposite way, even if they supported it themselves up until then.  That happened very very early-on.  Could have saved a lot of lives if the left/MSM wasn't hell-bent on having people die just to make him look bad. 

You would think people would soak up this type of information since it could help them and their loved ones but they are so quick to put up the blinders and earplugs and just accept their fate with their mask as their only defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, realtruelove said:

You would think people would soak up this type of information since it could help them and their loved ones but they are so quick to put up the blinders and earplugs and just accept their fate with their mask as their only defense.

You know I saw a report on the news this AM that some states are still threatening Doctors if they prescribe HCQ for Covid. I'm actually going to head over to mine after work today and ask them their procedure on this. I need to know this before something goes wrong so I know I'm doing what is best for my family. If they tell me they don't prescribe it I will be finding a doctor that will.... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

You know I saw a report on the news this AM that some states are still threatening Doctors if they prescribe HCQ for Covid. I'm actually going to head over to mine after work today and ask them their procedure on this. I need to know this before something goes wrong so I know I'm doing what is best for my family. If they tell me they don't prescribe it I will be finding a doctor that will.... 

I will predict that they will not answer your question directly.  Too much liability if they gave you an answer one way or another. 

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

I asked my new doctor this very question and she answered, "HCQ does not work.  I would prescribe that you go home and wait it out if you have mild symptoms or go to the hospital if you have trouble breathing."  Time for another new doctor.

35 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I asked my new doctor this very question and she answered, "HCQ does not work.  I would prescribe that you go home and wait it out if you have mild symptoms or go to the hospital if you have trouble breathing."  Time for another new doctor.

Good move. 

46 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

....hmmm...sounds like you wore your MAGA hat to the appointment.......

• Like (+1) 1