I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have said it before and I will say it again I remember a lot of Bills fans wanting Reich to start over Kelly permanently.

Its human nature...the grass is always greener on the other side of the street. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I have said it before and I will say it again I remember a lot of Bills fans wanting Reich to start over Kelly permanently.

Its human nature...the grass is always greener on the other side of the street. 

Trust me I like Reich as much as the next fan. But he was in no way a starting QB, both Carolina and The Jets found that out the hard way. Great teammate and probably the best back up that ever played the game, but was a horrible starter. If the NFL had a Hall Of Fame for back ups he’d probably be a first ballot lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Trust me I like Reich as much as the next fan. But he was in no way a starting QB, both Carolina and The Jets found that out the hard way. Great teammate and probably the best back up that ever played the game, but was a horrible starter. If the NFL had a Hall Of Fame for back ups he’d probably be a first ballot lol

Trust me I was NOT one of them.

I actually cried while watching the TV when Jimbo retired.

I knew the Bills were going to wait a long time to see a QB like him again...…..almost 30 years....JA17 is the man.

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Trust me I was NOT one of them.

I actually cried while watching the TV when Jimbo retired.

I knew the Bills were going to wait a long time to see a QB like him again...…..almost 30 years....JA17 is the man.

Absolutely, I knew we were gonna be in trouble after Kelly retired. I liked  Flutie to an extent but not a whole lot. I remember rooting hard for Collins but something was missing from him. I don’t think we gave him a fair shake while he was playing here and heard that his confidence was completely shot after leaving Buffalo which was unfortunate to hear. I don’t think he had the support from his teammates unfortunately. Like I said Flutie was ok for what he was, Rob Johnson was a disaster, Bledsoe was a disappointment, Losman and Edwards were busts, Fitzpatrick (while I liked the guy and his leadership and competitiveness ) lacked the physical tools to be a franchise QB, Etc. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

No ones legitimately game planning to get Watson. It was a silly “no sports at all” thought activity.

and there’s no reason I have to be with Allen or not. It’s really easy to think he’s a good player but not be sure long term. I think he will win a lot with a roster built around a rookie qb contract. I’m not sure if he will win as much after it’s built around a vet qb contract. Pretty standard issue for all but a very few young QBs 

• Like (+1) 6

It’s some of the Jr GMs here, they like to pretend that their “football IQ” is something to behold, some of them are knowledgeable enough, but are so far down the road of fantasy/madden type crap that they no longer appear to enjoy/like real football, ya just gotta ignore them when they get on their soap box.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

13 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Just because he wears the best uniforms in the league doesn't mean he IS good. He is like an untamable stallion. Making plays that are great and others that are stupid. So I'm a BIG "NOT". and I have been a fan since 1965 and want to see a Lombardi before I die. It will be tough with this guy.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

No ones legitimately game planning to get Watson. It was a silly “no sports at all” thought activity.

and there’s no reason I have to be with Allen or not. It’s really easy to think he’s a good player but not be sure long term. I think he will win a lot with a roster built around a rookie qb contract. I’m not sure if he will win as much after it’s built around a vet qb contract. Pretty standard issue for all but a very few young QBs 

Well I’m standing with him, and were all just gonna have to wait and see how everything unfolds. Again I have no problem being critical and concerned on some things but to want to replace the kid is preposterous. We finally have something good and to some fans he’s not good enough. Like it never ends with this fan base sometimes

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

"We finally have a franchise QB". 

That is yet to be determined.  Raise your standards!

I have, And the fact that Josh Allen is the only Quarterback that we drafted took us to the playoffs in his second year. Tell Me how many quarterbacks have we drafted that took us to the playoffs? And no Taylor does not count we did not draft him And we got in the playoffs in spite of him not because of him

2 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Just because he wears the best uniforms in the league doesn't mean he IS good. He is like an untamable stallion. Making plays that are great and others that are stupid. So I'm a BIG "NOT". and I have been a fan since 1965 and want to see a Lombardi before I die. It will be tough this guy.

Cool and you have every right not to be with Allen, just curious though who do you want behind center?

3 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Just because he wears the best uniforms in the league doesn't mean he IS good. He is like an untamable stallion. Making plays that are great and others that are stupid. So I'm a BIG "NOT". and I have been a fan since 1965 and want to see a Lombardi before I die. It will be tough this guy.

Also Kelly did the same thing making good plays and complete boneheaded ones

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well I’m standing with him, and were all just gonna have to wait and see how everything unfolds. Again I have no problem being critical and concerned on some things but to want to replace the kid is preposterous. We finally have something good and to some fans he’s not good enough. Like it never ends with this fan base sometimes

having a thread about a hypothetical Watson option isn’t truly wanting to replace him any more than a “would you rather have jim Kelly at 24 years old or Allen” thread. 

It’s a deep in the offseason, at home quarantined, time killer way to spit ball qb values and rankings. Every fan base does this stuff even when winning.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

I can see this analogy in year one for sure.  Some absolutely jaw-dropping, beautiful football plays sprinkled in with a lot of "what the ***** was that" sort of moments.

The boneheaded moves dropped off quite a bit in year two (especially in the latter two thirds of the season) but we still saw the raw competitiveness and some gorgeous football.  Is there a lot to improve?  Yeah but I'm thinking (hoping?) we've seen some of the breaking of this stallion (this analogy got weird fast) already.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, NoSaint said:

having a thread about a hypothetical Watson option isn’t truly wanting to replace him any more than a “would you rather have jim Kelly at 24 years old or Allen” thread. 

It’s a deep in the offseason, at home quarantined, time killer way to spit ball qb values and rankings.

Well Jim Kelly didn’t play with us when he was 24 I think he was with the Houston Gamblers at that time and the USFL was a lot different than the NFL. I remember Kelly’s first couple years here were complete ass. And a lot of fans wanted him gone and replaced. Honestly there’s a lot of similar things between Allen and Kelly if you think about it. 

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I have, And the fact that Josh Allen is the only Quarterback that we drafted took us to the playoffs in his second year. Tell Me how many quarterbacks have we drafted that took us to the playoffs? And no Taylor does not count we did not draft him And we got in the playoffs in spite of him not because of him

You've seen Allen's play, same as me.  I'm really not up for rehashing this again.

He needs to play better.  That's the short of it.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You've seen Allen's play, same as me.  I'm really not up for rehashing this again.

He needs to play better.  That's the short of it.

And I agree that he needs to play better, but The point I’m trying to make is that he gets a lot of unfair amount of criticism and that Some fans  on here already  want to see him replaced. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Cool and you have every right not to be with Allen, just curious though who do you want behind center?

Also Kelly did the same thing making good plays and complete boneheaded ones

Brother, I'm not CALLING to get rid of him. all I'm saying is this ridiculous love craze for a bottom 16 QB is tiresome. I want to be wrong and I'm not an expert, though I coached in Junior College and NAIA for 17 years and my son coached FCS 8 years and is now, well until the virus happened, doing interviews for recruits @ NC State & FCS Gardner-Webb. Much rather have a QB I can trust to make the smart plays. His football IQ is so low for a guy who is so very bright. again, not hatin' but I do have eyes. 

8 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I can see this analogy in year one for sure.  Some absolutely jaw-dropping, beautiful football plays sprinkled in with a lot of "what the ***** was that" sort of moments.

The boneheaded moves dropped off quite a bit in year two (especially in the latter two thirds of the season) but we still saw the raw competitiveness and some gorgeous football.  Is there a lot to improve?  Yeah but I'm thinking (hoping?) we've seen some of the breaking of this stallion (this analogy got weird fast) already.

Hope you are right brother !!!!!!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Brother, I'm not CALLING to get rid of him. all I'm saying is this ridiculous love craze for a bottom 16 QB is tiresome. I want to be wrong and I'm not an expert, though I coached in Junior College and NAIA for 17 years and my son coached FCS 8 years and is now, well until the virus happened, doing interviews for recruits @ NC State & FCS Gardner-Webb. Much rather have a QB I can trust to make the smart plays His football IQ is so low for a guy who is so very bright. again, not hatin' but I do have eyes. 

So do I and while he needs to improve he made a lot of great strides in his second year especially in the 2nd half of his second year. The game against Dallas shows you right there

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That's not the point of what you responded to.  Despite the fact that he wasn't really a viable starter lots of people REALLY DID CALL FOR HIM OVER KELLY!

Just now, BobChalmers said:

That's not the point of what you responded to.  Despite the fact that he wasn't really a viable starter lots of people REALLY DID CALL FOR HIM OVER KELLY!

I know and it was ridiculous. I knew Kelly(while not perfect) that he was gonna be star for us. I would laugh at fans when they said they wanted Reich over Kelly and I was like have you seen Reich try to start a game? Lol

I get the hate.

The year is 2020 and if your 24 year old QB isn't a perfect SB winning QB, then he is a bust.

There is no more patience in today's NFL for a QB to develop. That's a fact.

People want perfection instantly and if it isn't there, they want to move on to the next imperfect QB. This cycle constantly repeats itself, thus you never have a franchise QB.

I understand the patience that will allow Allen to continue to grow. Many others do not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4