Falcons to release CB Desmond Trufant

He is a boom or bust type CB. I think he would do great in the Bills scheme with McDermott and Frazier coaching him. Having said that I do believe Trufant will most likely get a multi year offer at or above what the Bills just gave Josh Norman. With Tre needing a new deal closing in on $20 mil a year,  I think the plan for the Bills is to draft another CB this year that plays on a rookie deal to keep the position spending somewhat in check.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is a boom or bust type of CB. I think he would do great in the Bills scheme with McDermott and Frazier coaching him. Having said that I do believe Trufant will most likely get a multi year offer at or above what the Bills just gave Josh Norman. With Tre needing a new deal closing in on $20 mil a year,  I think the plan for the Bills is to draft another CB this year that plays on a rookie deal to keep the position spending somewhat in check.

Which would be the best course of action. We should draft to try and keep the cost control from getting out of hand. Like you said Tre is about to get his money, need to have good affordable options across from him.

There are also a lot of very good options in this draft, if it does happen that is lol.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why not? We return all starters and added Norman. 

Levi Wallace was not good last year, Kevin Johnson may or may not be coming back, Norman is not good.

The Bills would absolutely be wise to look to add. Most likely via the draft. Again, far from being set outside of Tre at CB

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

@Kirby Jackson called it a certainty weeks ago.

He was right.

Again.

The Falcons are just in a terrible position with the cap. They are an example of why ‘going all in’ and over spending in FA or over spending on signing your own guys is a bad idea. Dimitrof and Quinn have believed they are a player away for multiple years. 

18 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Levi Wallace was not good last year, Kevin Johnson may or may not be coming back, Norman is not good.

The Bills would absolutely be wise to look to add. Most likely via the draft. Again, far from being set outside of Tre at CB

Levi can tackle and Johnson can cover but neither can do both.

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Falcons are just in a terrible position with the cap. They are an example of why ‘going all in’ and over spending in FA or over spending on signing your own guys is a bad idea. Dimitrof and Quinn have believed they are a player away for multiple years. 

No trade market for Trufant? He hasn’t been officially released yet so maybe someone will throw them a pick for him. Have to think some CB needy team would offer at least a day 3 pick 

BUFFALO BILLS

The Bills ended the 2019 regular season with the fourth-best pass defense in the league, led by budding star cornerback Tre' White. But just because something was working one year doesn't mean it can't be even better the next.

Potentially adding Trufant would not be a burden on the Bills' books. They're currently sitting in the top-5 with the third-most cap space to spend this offseason. There's also the chance they can sell Trufant on a fair price due to him coming to an already established defense with a chance to get back into the playoffs right away. 

Trufant on one side and White on the other. That's a cornerback duo that no offensive coordinator would look forward to any week of the year.

interesting they were one of 3 teams selected 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

@Kirby Jackson called it a certainty weeks ago.

He was right.

Again.

Ha ha, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’ll tell you why it’s crazy though. My buddy was here scouting twice this year. Once in early November and once in early December. He told me this in the November trip. This decision was already made with weeks to go in the regular season.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’ll tell you why it’s crazy though. My buddy was here scouting twice this year. Once in early November and once in early December. He told me this in the November trip. This decision was already made with weeks to go in the regular season.

Their season was basically over at that point, no? I know they started out 1-7.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No trade market for Trufant? He hasn’t been officially released yet so maybe someone will throw them a pick for him. Have to think some CB needy team would offer at least a day 3 pick 

Quick glance shows he has a cap hit of $15 mil this year, $16 mil next year,  and then $14 mil in 2022. No way I’d like that for the Bills. 
Now a team that plays a similar D to the Bills and doesn’t have a ton of cap tied up in defensive backfield, sure. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Quick glance shows he has a cap hit of $15 mil this year, $16 mil next year,  and then $14 mil in 2022. No way I’d like that for the Bills. 
Now a team that plays a similar D to the Bills and doesn’t have a ton of cap tied up in defensive backfield, sure. 

Ah I see no one would take that contract 

• Like (+1) 1

I just don't see us investing heavily in another CB at this point. I think we may sign another guy or two, but it will be scenarios like the one with Kevin Johnson last season. 

• Like (+1) 1