Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The PSA from Ohio is one of the cleverest depictions of the importance of social distancing I’ve seen.

Made a pickup from our local grocery store yesterday ( Sanders in Corry, Pa ) and was upset to see the majority of shoppers and store clerks without masks. The spacing of 6 foot is not enough without everyone wearing a mask IMO. A sneeze goes much further without protection. 

If wearing a mask is not enforced properly in our community and every community across the US we will see worst case scenarios everywhere in my humble opinion.

You can't wait for people to start dropping like flies around you to start taking action.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Made a pickup from our local grocery store yesterday ( Sanders in Corry, Pa ) and was upset to see the majority of shoppers and store clerks without masks. The spacing of 6 foot is not enough without everyone wearing a mask IMO. A sneeze goes much further without protection. 

If wearing a mask is not enforced properly in our community and every community across the US we will see worst case scenarios everywhere in my humble opinion.

You can't wait for people to start dropping like flies around you to start taking action.

Like the man said, “My mask protects you, your mask protects me.”

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like the man said, “My mask protects you, your mask protects me.”

Myself personally, my mask protects me and you. It protects our medical professionals and essential business workers.

My mask protects the world...

... when we all work together...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Figster said:

Where I am, we are even walking dogs in masks and it’s nearly 100% at stores. As the social normalcy and pressure around it builds, it will happen. We all want our lives back. One small thing to do to get there is to wear the damn mask. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not for the faint of heart.

Kudos to Begnaud for sanitizing his mask and giving it to the nurse.

But compare and contrast to this scene in China:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EU7RQD3XYAAVjOJ?format=jpg&name=medium

This should be the standard minimum PPE of health care workers in contact with infectious patients.

This is better with addition of a face shield:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EU7RV7UWsAAB2uM?format=jpg&name=large

• Like (+1) 1

He said the virus can lead to heart attack or inflammation called myocarditis, and it can stress the heart.

He said some patients with cardiovascular issues resulting from the virus have not shown other common symptoms.

“What’s been very surprising is that there is a group of patients who actually present with heart symptoms and no fever or cough or respiratory symptoms,” Shishehbor said

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/local-doctors-say-they-are-seeing-increasing-impact-of-covid-19-on-the-heart/

More info in article. 

Ya my niece in the hospital usly post in PPP.  Was on a ECMO. Off now I guess following my sister facebook. First test was neg but took second test still pending.  Myocarditis. She is now 6  age young. Unconscious. But getting better. Everything still a unknown as of right now if covid19 or not.

• Sad 3

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19-latest-news-2020-04-10/

2,027 deaths from COVID19 today alone. We are the 1st country to surpass 2000 deaths in a single day. Over 18,500 total deaths in the US. Almost 6000 deaths in just the last 3 days and over 1000 recorded deaths every day since April 2. 

?

Not really even sure what to say, besides that my thoughts and prayers are with all those families affected tonight.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Figster said:

It's difficult to get a mask. I've been to a number of drug stores and grocery stores with pharmacies and couldn't get one. In each case I was told they were out of stock and because the demand is so high it is unlikely they will get them in. I also went on-line on CVS and Amazon. CVS is out of stock and Amazon indicated it would take two months for the order to come in. 

I'll have to improvise and come up with my own cover because come Monday my county in Maryland is requiring masks in grocery and drug stores.  

Edited by JohnC