The Beatles last album

Beatles Last Album  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you consider to be The Beatles last album?

For those unaware, Let It Be was recorded in January 1969, but wasn't released until May 8, 1970. Abbey Road was recorded from February-August of 1969, and released in September of 1969. So Abbey Road was recorded last, but Let it Be was the last released. I have a Beatles chronological playlist and I always debate which order to put the albums. I lean towards Abbey Road. It just seems so fitting to end with The End, and it was a supirior album. It has the feel of them knowing it was all but officially over, so they made one final album. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Abbey Road, for both the "truthiness" of it being "last" w/r/t recording timeframe and with "The End" as the closing track.  Also you can really hear the hate for each other if you listen closely. That said, Let It Be was worked on even after Abbey Road was released and was still released kinda-sorta unfinished.

I, too, think Abbey Road is the superior album.  But I prefer, 1 v. 1, the songs on Let It Be over the individual songs on Abbey Road. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Even after Abbey Road was released, there was still work being done on Let it Be.

Let it Be is their last album.

that was just Phil taking the shards and putting his horrible Wall of Sound and choirs into it...

Then Phil put that horrible Wall of Sound into making a few key songs on All Things Must Pass basically unlistenable  :(

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I Me Mine was the last recorded song for a Beatles album

perfectly apt

Exactly.  After Abbey Road was already released.

Case.  Rested.

5 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

think he means last album thats worth a dam.

which i sorta agree, although the A side of abbey road is obviously very strong, the b side sucks.

I will respectfully disagree about Abbey Road.  And with the logic regarding last albums, I think we could rewrite history for a lot of great bands, including Rush, Led Zeppelin, the Who, the Stones and any other legendary band who outwore their welcome.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I will respectfully disagree about Abbey Road.  And with the logic regarding last albums, I think we could rewrite history for a lot of great bands, including Rush, Led Zeppelin, the Who, the Stones and any other legendary band who outwore their welcome.

The only history I would rewrite of those bands would be to keep their drummers alive.

otherwise I don’t mind their later albums since I don’t listen to them haha. Asides from Zep that is. I love any and all zeppelin. 

Also: I know, Charlie is still alive n kicking thankfully. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Even after Abbey Road was released, there was still work being done on Let it Be.

Let it Be is their last album.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Exactly.  After Abbey Road was already released.

Case.  Rested.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Primarily because Joe is an attentionwhore.

You were just a tad bit judgey and, dare I say, asshatish yesterday.  My hope is that you've finally had a good night's sleep and you return today with a fresh outlook.  The ugliness you've displayed here is not fair to the OP.  I know that you believe you hold the monopoly on Beatles threads, but, this is TBD, and there are no monopolies at TBD. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

You were just a tad bit judgey and, dare I say, asshatish yesterday.  My hope is that you've finally had a good night's sleep and you return today with a fresh outlook.  The ugliness you've displayed here is not fair to the OP.  I know that you believe you hold the monopoly on Beatles threads, but, this is TBD, and there are no monopolies at TBD. 

You're right, Land Shark.  My apologies to anyone/everyone negatively impacted by my judgey and asshatish behavior.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is this a good place to discuss a trade for AJ Green?

Paul left the Beatles because of Wings. He didn't want to be in two bands at once. It's a dangerous game. Just look at Pegula. Any day now the NFL will catch on to him owning the Bills AND Sabres. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1