Trade back into the first

whorlnut

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

And need to pay Jaylon Ramsey top Money, are losing their Kicker and one of their better defensive players (Fowler). 
If you’re going to argue that Gurley and Goff contracts are justifiable, we’re just not on the same page and I’m not sure you know what you’re talking about.

They are failures. They failed to win the super bowl, which is the number 1 goal of every NFL team. Duh!!! They’re universally laughed at for it all these years later. Getting there was an impressive feat, but never winning is a blemish and an asterisk on their success. 

The Rams not being able to win a Superbowl after doing what they’ve done from a team building standpoint is failure. Yes. And I am confident in saying that as they have set themselves up, they won’t be able to contend consistently for several years until these issues fade into the past. The whole point of it is this- you create a window of contention- not one year.

Why are you talking so much about the Rams?  Why do you care so much? I never said we should trade away years or firsts. I simply said that we might consider moving back up if a prospect we like falls. You brought another team into this and won’t let it go...

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Why are you talking so much about the Rams?  Why do you care so much? I never said we should trade away years or firsts. I simply said that we might consider moving back up if a prospect we like falls. You brought another team into this and won’t let it go...

Can you read?... 

I’m having a conversation with another poster. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Yup. I’d be happier than a pig in slop if we came out of the second round with Mims, weaver/Uche, and idk Bryce Hall. 

Same. I love and I’ve developed a bit of a crush on Kyle Duggar. But that’s a luxury pick.

Edited by whatdrought

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Gotta love a guy who posts something on a MESSAGE BOARD, and then gets irate at and/or insults anyone who dares to disagree or post counterpoints.

Perfect discourse.

Haha...you’re going there, huh?  You have been posting condescending remarks since the first one that I responded to. Pot meet kettle...;)

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

And need to pay Jaylon Ramsey top Money, are losing their Kicker and one of their better defensive players (Fowler). 
If you’re going to argue that Gurley and Goff contracts are justifiable, we’re just not on the same page and I’m not sure you know what you’re talking about.

They are failures. They failed to win the super bowl, which is the number 1 goal of every NFL team. Duh!!! They’re universally laughed at for it all these years later. Getting there was an impressive feat, but never winning is a blemish and an asterisk on their success. 

The Rams not being able to win a Superbowl after doing what they’ve done from a team building standpoint is failure. Yes. And I am confident in saying that as they have set themselves up, they won’t be able to contend consistently for several years until these issues fade into the past. The whole point of it is this- you create a window of contention- not one year.

Do you pay attention to the NFL? Goff threw 32 TD's to 12 picks, QBed the 2nd best offense in the NFL and took his team to the Super Bowl. You don't think he earned franchise QB money? Is that a joke?

Todd Gurley was the best running back in football at the time he inked his deal. Were the Rams suppose to expect he would degenerate in his knees?

You are having trouble distinguishing between justifiable versus good deals in hindsight.  NFL teams don't have crystal balls, you know.  If Josh Allen is an MVP candidate, gets paid, and then plays worse, his contract was still "justifiable."

I look forward to your apology when the Rams win 10 games next year and contend.

4 minutes ago, yungmack said:

NE, the most successful franchise by far this century, typically trades DOWN for more picks. Should the Bills consider this? 

The Bills should consider hiring the best coach and greatest QB of all time. They make all your decisions look okay. Trading up, trading down, not picking due to cheating, etc.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I agree that he will trade up at some point in the draft, but why can't he do it AFTER he has traded down?

I'd like to see him trade down twice, and then use his abundance of middle round picks to trade up to target specific players that he covets.

Example: Trade down twice, obtain an extra 2nd and two extra 3rds. Package 4th-6th round picks with those day two picks to move around strategically and get guys he likes in the 2nd and 3rd round. In the end, he could potentially pick three 2nd round players and a 3rd round player, for instance. Those four players would have a much better chance at making this roster than anyone picked from round five onward.

I know we've only seen Beane trade UP thus far, but it would be nice to see him show that he is adept at trading DOWN, too. It's all about maximizing value. Like I said before, picking in the 20s in a draft that might only have 15-20 1st round rated prospects isn't a great proposition. The difference between pick 22 and pick 35 or 39 or whatever doesn't seem huge to me.

This was my first response to you. REALLY "condescending" stuff ?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Do you pay attention to the NFL? Goff threw 32 TD's to 12 picks, QBed the 2nd best offense in the NFL and took his team to the Super Bowl. You don't think he earned franchise QB money? Is that a joke?

Todd Gurley was the best running back in football at the time he inked his deal. Were the Rams suppose to expect he would degenerate in his knees?

You are having trouble distinguishing between justifiable versus good deals in hindsight.  NFL teams don't have crystal balls, you know.  If Josh Allen is an MVP candidate, gets paid, and then plays worse, his contract was still "justifiable."

I look forward to your apology when the Rams win 10 games next year and contend.

And with that all, there were still plenty of people- myself included, who knew he wasn’t worth the money. He’s shown that now.

Thats why people don’t pay running backs that. It’s not at all surprising that he ended up becoming a shell or himself- running backs don’t last. People have known that for years. Before Gurley, teams stopped paying RB’s the Rams said “look guys it’s okay, we can start paying RB’s again.” And then the exact reason people don’t pay RB’s was proven.

My main point, and one you refuse to accept, is that team building that focuses entirely on selling off future assets is not sustainable and leads to issues. The rams are the example of that and If you disagree, that’s fine. But you’re wrong. 

Bookmark. They won’t be. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Hey man, if you wanna call Goff, Kelly, Donald, Bruce Smith, Thurman, and Gurley all failures because they didn’t win a SuperBowl, that’s fine with me. That makes sense.

You’re creating false narratives. Im not saying that THEY ARE FAILURES.  As a team, they failed to reach their goal.  They failed.  Stop making stuff up. 

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

And with that all, there were still plenty of people- myself included, who knew he wasn’t worth the money. He’s shown that now.

Thats why people don’t pay running backs that. It’s not at all surprising that he ended up becoming a shell or himself- running backs don’t last. People have known that for years. Before Gurley, teams stopped paying RB’s the Rams said “look guys it’s okay, we can start paying RB’s again.” And then the exact reason people don’t pay RB’s was proven.

My main point, and one you refuse to accept, is that team building that focuses entirely on selling off future assets is not sustainable and leads to issues. The rams are the example of that and If you disagree, that’s fine. But you’re wrong. 

Bookmark. They won’t be. 

Okay, so you think he wasn't worth the money and you do what, exactly? Trade him? Let him walk?  Is letting an MVP candidate QB walk in FA for nothing sustainable for success and I missed than era of the NFL?

My point is that it's too early to consider this entire Rams era a failure. You could be right. But the bottom line is "sustaining" and never making it to the SB or winning the SB is the same as going all in and never winning the SB.  Either way, you don't achieve the ultimate goal. So really, what does it matter?

I also look forward to you calling the SB appearing Bills failures next year.

Edited by BringBackOrton

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Haha...you’re going there, huh?  You have been posting condescending remarks since the first one that I responded to. Pot meet kettle...;)

You really come off like “that guy”.  Ain’t no doubt about it

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Sorry...you’re a choir boy...my bad...

I have a feeling you’re going to get banned for going postal when someone says something negative about one of your thread.  You’re on the clock

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Same. I love and I’ve developed a bit of a crush on Kyle Duggar. But that’s a luxury pick.

I honestly haven’t really focused on him at all. None of the 1-3 round safety prospects actually. I figured that’s be something they dip their toe in next year. Now... bigger CBs that might be converted to safety if they can’t make it outside; I’ve looked at these guys. Lol. Hence my Bryce Hall mention

Edited by Buffalo Junction

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Bills should consider hiring the best coach and greatest QB of all time. They make all your decisions look okay. Trading up, trading down, not picking due to cheating, etc.

Before they began their dominance, they were just a failed head coach and a 6th round pick, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Okay, so you think he wasn't worth the money and you do what, exactly? Trade him? Let him walk?  Is letting an MVP candidate QB walk in FA for nothing sustainable for success and I missed than era of the NFL?

I also look forward to you calling the SB appearing Bills failures next year.

I think they extended him too early. They should have waited and seen if he’d build on his success, or regress... like he did. 

That comment shows you that you haven’t been paying attention. If the Bills go to the 2020 super bowl and lose, they will be failures, as they will have failed the #1 goal of NFL teams. It will mean they are on the right track, but have more room to improve. This isn’t a hard concept and I’m sorry it’s so difficult for you to understand. 

Couple of real stunning intellects floating around this thread. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I think it’s silly to worry about a future pick when we might be able to take the division this year. I’m not sure why people are worried about that. 

And I completely disagree about talent. If someone like Justin Jefferson is there at 29-32, then you try to make the move.

There is no O-lineman at the bottom of the 1st who is going to impact the Bills ability to take the division this year.

That’s why...no