New York (again)

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CORONA KIND: 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveils ‘COVID Mountain’ prop at press conference, outdoes brother’s giant Q-Tip.

cuomo_mountain_06-29-2020.jpg

Exit quote: “This mountain represents so much death and suffering it is so bizarre to see Cuomo performing a celebratory showman’s lap.”

At least it looks like someone pointed out what it looked like he was celebrating with his 

New York:

Strong

Loving

United

Tough

message.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CORONA KIND: 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveils ‘COVID Mountain’ prop at press conference, outdoes brother’s giant Q-Tip.

cuomo_mountain_06-29-2020.jpg

Exit quote: “This mountain represents so much death and suffering it is so bizarre to see Cuomo performing a celebratory showman’s lap.”

Looks like two piles of ***** to me

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

how much did THAT cost taxpayers?

Not sure how much he makes, but he's the highest paid gov. in the USA

• Haha (+1) 3

TRUE, BUT HE’S COUNTING ON THE MEDIA TO HELP HIM BRAZEN IT OUT: 

Gov. Cuomo is in no position to brag about New York’s coronavirus response.

And if DeSantis, as Cuomo claims, “lost,” the scoreboard doesn’t reflect it. Florida has a larger population than New York state but has registered fewer than one-third as many coronavirus cases. Florida has seen 15 COVID-19 fatalities per 100,000 population; New York, 160. With 46,000 deaths between them, New York and its sibling New Jersey have combined for more fatalities than France, Spain and Italy.

Cuomo has gotten a lot of credit from the public for taking the pandemic seriously and for being calm and forthright with statistics. But he still refuses to admit error for his disastrous March 25 directive, which remained in effect until June 10, to force nursing homes to accept infected people, although he keeps changing his story about who is to blame for the death toll in those facilities. Now it’s all Trump’s fault; now it’s the nursing-home staff.

His latest gambit, to declare that New York’s alleged victory over the disease was really a case of love conquering all, while insisting the real problem lies in states where there have been nowhere near as many fatalities as in his own, delights the media, always eager to play along with a red-states-are-evil propaganda campaign. The relative death counts tell a different story.

Related: Why oh why is NY Governor Andrew Cuomo being praised for his coronavirus response? Governor Andrew Cuomo does not deserve kudos for his COVID-19 policies. He put the elderly at great risk.

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

Looks like two piles of ***** to me

Not sure how much he makes, but he's the highest paid gov. in the USA

...what's even better is that Bumblin' Billy DeBlasio gets $252K as an inept Mayor.......SMH.............

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TRUE, BUT HE’S COUNTING ON THE MEDIA TO HELP HIM BRAZEN IT OUT: 

Gov. Cuomo is in no position to brag about New York’s coronavirus response.

And if DeSantis, as Cuomo claims, “lost,” the scoreboard doesn’t reflect it. Florida has a larger population than New York state but has registered fewer than one-third as many coronavirus cases. Florida has seen 15 COVID-19 fatalities per 100,000 population; New York, 160. With 46,000 deaths between them, New York and its sibling New Jersey have combined for more fatalities than France, Spain and Italy.

Cuomo has gotten a lot of credit from the public for taking the pandemic seriously and for being calm and forthright with statistics. But he still refuses to admit error for his disastrous March 25 directive, which remained in effect until June 10, to force nursing homes to accept infected people, although he keeps changing his story about who is to blame for the death toll in those facilities. Now it’s all Trump’s fault; now it’s the nursing-home staff.

His latest gambit, to declare that New York’s alleged victory over the disease was really a case of love conquering all, while insisting the real problem lies in states where there have been nowhere near as many fatalities as in his own, delights the media, always eager to play along with a red-states-are-evil propaganda campaign. The relative death counts tell a different story.

Related: Why oh why is NY Governor Andrew Cuomo being praised for his coronavirus response? Governor Andrew Cuomo does not deserve kudos for his COVID-19 policies. He put the elderly at great risk.

The nursing home mandate was in effect until June 10?  Thought that was rescinded May 5 when the order to actually start sanitizing the subway happened too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

The nursing home mandate was in effect until June 10?  Thought that was rescinded May 5 when the order to actually start sanitizing the subway happened too.

No, I do not believe so.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

...wasn't Big Fredo's rebuttal to nursing home deaths calling it "a shiny object"?......

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wasn't Big Fredo's rebuttal to nursing home deaths calling it "a shiny object"?......

Think of it as a disco strobe light, so his fans can dance to it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I cannot go see my father. My mother (who is also his power of attorney) cannot go see her husband. When I went to the nursing home about two weeks ago (after June 10th) to drop something off, I was told their reopening to visitors was up to the board of health, not Cuomo. ?‍♂️

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I cannot go see my father. My mother (who is also his power of attorney) cannot go see her husband. When I went to the nursing home about two weeks ago (after June 10th) to drop something off, I was told their reopening to visitors was up to the board of health, not Cuomo. ?‍♂️

Knew that nursing homes still aren't allowing visitors (which must be great for the mental health of the residents <_< ), but was referring to the order that they had to accept COVID positive residents.  Thought that ended May 5.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Knew that nursing homes still aren't allowing visitors (which must be great for the mental health of the residents <_< ), but was referring to the order that they had to accept COVID positive residents.  Thought that ended May 5.

Oops, sorry. ?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

What is most interesting to me is that these are not the states that are per capita the worse but just flat numbers. I also think that the list is all states that have reopened except CA, sso a spike would be expected 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1