New York (again)

No, Gov. Cuomo, New York’s nursing home carnage is your fault

by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

Another day, another scapegoat. Or two.

For months, Gov. ­Andrew Cuomo has been desperate to find somebody, anybody, to blame for the nursing-home carnage he helped to cause. The list of those he blamed was blasphemous — it started with God. It was ludicrous when he later aimed at President Trump and The Post. His latest bid is simply scandalous. Cuomo has the nerve to blame grieving family members and heroic nursing-home staffers, charging they were the ones who infected and killed as many 12,000 elderly and helpless residents.

• Thank you (+1) 1

TYPICAL OF THE DE BLASIO EDUCATION APPROACH: 

New York’s school decision a slap in the face to parents.

Well, they did it. Mayor Bill de Blasio and his schools Chancellor Richard Carranza have finally confirmed an absurd plan to have school restart on a part-time schedule in the fall. What will parents who still have to work full-time do? Who cares! What will teachers who have school-age children do? That’s their problem. The new “Let them eat cake” is “Hire a nanny.”

The mayor treated this announcement as some sort of reflection of what parents wanted. “75% of families want to send their kids back to school in the fall,” he tweeted. The survey sent to parents had three options and none of them was “Reopen schools full-time.” The mayor had to know a majority of parents would have picked that.

Because everything to Hizzoner is about President Trump, de Blasio added, “What we WON’T do is ignore the science and recklessly charge ahead like our president. We will do it the right way. We will keep everyone safe.”

There is, of course, absolutely no way to “keep everyone safe” and, as the mayor who ignored the COVID-19 epidemic until the last possible second, even famously going to the gym the day after he was forced to close schools, de Blasio knows this.

More at the link:

Yeah, they left for more yard and space... nothing to do with rioting, defund the police, or any other of de Blasio's crazy.

This will be interesting to watch. Will they come back after things settle down? Rents still are not cheap, but concessions are rising.

Empty Manhattan apartments reach record levels, landlords slash rent

* More than 10,000 apartments were listed for rent in Manhattan in June, an increase of 85% over last year, according to a report from Miller Samuel and Douglas Elliman.
* The official vacancy rate hit a record 3.67% but is far higher in many New York City buildings, according to brokers.
* In an effort to fill all those vacant apartments, landlords are dropping prices and offering ever-larger incentives.

</snip>

Analysts say the rising number of empty apartments is due in large part to the lockdown, which prevented brokers from showing apartments until June 22. But the exodus from New York City has left a rising number of vacant apartments and fewer new renters arriving to fill them.

</snip>

Yet nearly half of all new leases in June came with concessions or discounts, and landlords typically offered free rent for 1½ free months.

The weakest segment of the rental market is large, family-sized rentals. Brokers say many families that normally would be renting in the city have left for the suburbs where they can have a yard and more space.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

My favorite thing is this page has zero conversation, and two people just posting tweets and stories lol

love it.  The level of discussion rivals two robots

what would you like to discuss? 

...uh oh....Big Fredo has Bumblin' Billy in his crosshairs....STILL..................

NYC Mayor de Blasio would lose authority over NYPD under state AG’s plan: report

An independent panel – not the mayor -- would appoint the city’s police commissioner and oversee the NYPD under a state plan

Recent protests in New York City have shaken the public’s faith in the city’s police department to the point where Mayor Bill de Blasio should no longer have authority in law enforcement matters, New York’s state attorney general said Wednesday.

“I believe we need to bridge the undeniable divide between police and public,” Letitia James told reporters, according to The New York Times.

As part of her recommendations, James called for an independent panel – not de Blasio -- to appoint the city’s police commissioner and oversee hirings and firings at the NYPD.

A de Blasio spokeswoman quickly dismissed the plan from James -- an ally of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has long feuded with the mayor. Both Cuomo and de Blasio are Democrats.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-mayor-de-blasio-would-lose-authority-over-nypd-under-state-ags-plan-report

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

My favorite thing is this page has zero conversation, and two people just posting tweets and stories lol

love it.  The level of discussion rivals two robots

WOW !

Could you ask for a better post to demonstrate the closed liberal mind.

"All they are posting is factual articles and opinion pieces about New York administration"

We don't need that, where is the back and forth bickering and name calling that we provide in all the other threads ?

"Love it (when they just provide information that I can ignore) that's my favorite thing"

You can "discuss" all you want Crayon, I can get that level of intelligent discourse on the street corner.

I will stick to posting things for everyone's enjoyment.

?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Got Cats? 

images-2.jpg.41b2eb850dfb1b5c6320df97e3e997e9.jpg

RATS while eating on the sidewalk as restaurant owners beg the city to deal with sanitation problems

• New Yorkers have been flocking in their droves to enjoy outdoor dining ever since the city entered phase two of its coronavirus reopening plan on June 22  
  • The move has provided some much-needed income for restaurant and bar owners that were forced to shutter back in March 
  • With more food being eaten outdoors, the areas are also attracting huge rats 
  • Giacomo Romano, owner of Ciccio restaurant in SoHo, told NBC New York a rat ran over a customer's shoe one night 
  • He said the rats are coming from a nearby park where garbage is being left
  • Restaurant owners are urging city officials to tackle the growing problem
  • NYC entered phase three Monday but indoor dining has been put on hold following a surge in coronavirus cases in several states
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8510109/Diners-forced-sidewalks-restaurants-attacked-RATS.html

• Like (+1) 1

Heh... de Blasio is a stupid *****.  Spend money NYC does not have to paint a city street in front of a building to "get" a man who does not live there, who does not own it, in a city and state he is no longer a resident of... and open up yourself to more lawsuits that the city cannot afford. SMH

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

WOW !

Could you ask for a better post to demonstrate the closed liberal mind.

"All they are posting is factual articles and opinion pieces about New York administration"

We don't need that, where is the back and forth bickering and name calling that we provide in all the other threads ?

"Love it (when they just provide information that I can ignore) that's my favorite thing"

You can "discuss" all you want Crayon, I can get that level of intelligent discourse on the street corner.

I will stick to posting things for everyone's enjoyment.

?

I do appreciate what you post, even if I do not comment. Please continue

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1