The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

So Trump killed another 2,700... Everyone saw this coming when he stopped doing his duty as president. Now we are feeling the effects of what his negligence has done.

So funny you talk about looking in the mirror in the other post and come with this *****. Hypocrisy at it's best.

If you haven’t figured out the art of sarcasm yet, there’s really no way to get anything across. Do you take everything at face value in life? Breathe, Tampa....breathe!

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you haven’t figured out the art of sarcasm yet, there’s really no way to get anything across. Do you take everything at face value in life? Breathe, Tampa....breathe!

I like when they're proven idiots they try to scream sarcasm. Just take your childish ***** somewhere else. You want people to die so you can be "sarcastic" daily... Ok got it.

Daily life for Socal "I hope lots of people died today so I can be sarcastic in a sub forum on the Bills site."

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I enjoy the dialog we have on many occasions, but you must realize the post you have above is ridiculous, right?  You honestly can't believe this is Biden's virus, right?  You can't honestly believe that 2.5 weeks is enough time to completely turn things around, right?  You can't honestly believe that science isn't the ultimate way to defeat this thing, right?  You can't honestly believe they aren't taking steps to get more vaccines out to folks, right?  Looking to get more funding to do so, right?

Assuming I'm correct on the above, what is the purpose of your post?  I have to tell you it makes you look silly.

Oldman....I’ve enjoyed the dialogue as well. The point is obvious. You can’t or shouldn’t pin deaths on the President no matter what party he’s associated with. This is a GLOBAL health problem. (I’m watching a soccer match being played in London in front of no fans while typing this.) But, there are so very many on here who used this medical challenge to score a political victory. Now, however, when “their” guy is in the power seat it doesn’t sound so nice....does it? And now they claim it’s silly?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Oldman....I’ve enjoyed the dialogue as well. The point is obvious. You can’t or shouldn’t pin deaths on the President no matter what party he’s associated with. This is a GLOBAL health problem. (I’m watching a soccer match being played in London in front of no fans while typing this.) But, there are so very many on here who used this medical challenge to score a political victory. Now, however, when “their” guy is in the power seat it doesn’t sound so nice....does it? And now they claim it’s silly?

What the chief executive has is the responsibility for the response to the virus.  And the previous holder of the office did a terrible job, starting with withholding from the public the severity of the pandemic, as was heard on his interview tapes with Bob Woodward.  

One of my favorite presidents was Truman.  He probably made more crucial decisions for the country than most any other president not named Lincoln.  And he famously had a sign on his desk saying The Buck Stops Here.  And what did Trump say about the pandemic response?   I take no responsibility.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

What the chief executive has is the responsibility for the response to the virus.  And the previous holder of the office did a terrible job, starting with withholding from the public the severity of the pandemic, as was heard on his interview tapes with Bob Woodward.  

One of my favorite presidents was Truman.  He probably made more crucial decisions for the country than most any other president not named Lincoln.  And he famously had a sign on his desk saying The Buck Stops Here.  And what did Trump say about the pandemic response?   I take no responsibility.

Yet the vaccine you got was developed under Trump, not Biden. You seem to fret about his public statements while behind the scenes he mobilized the private sector to provide supplies and a vaccine in record time. It all comes down to a style debate. Biden is focused on producing policies. Trump was more focused on producing the products. It’s an old debate that stems from those trained in the public sector vs those who come from the private sector. It doesn’t make EITHER of them evil or stupid. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yet the vaccine you got was developed under Trump, not Biden. You seem to fret about his public statements while behind the scenes he mobilized the private sector to provide supplies and a vaccine in record time. It all comes down to a style debate. Biden is focused on producing policies. Trump was more focused on producing the products. It’s an old debate that stems from those trained in the public sector vs those who come from the private sector. It doesn’t make EITHER of them evil or stupid. 

Yeah the vaccines were developed under Trump and their efficacy was known well before the election, yet they kept it hidden until a few days afterwards.  It would have swayed the election. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah the vaccines were developed under Trump and their efficacy was known well before the election, yet they kept it hidden until a few days afterwards.  It would have swayed the election. 

Wrong

The vaccines were developed despite Trumps lack of belief in the virus to begin with. The companies didn't even use help b.c he never offered it until the companies we're almost done with the vaccine b.c he just wanted to pretend like he had anything to do with it.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, Doc said:

That’s interesting. I recall Ms Harris telling the nation that she would never take a vaccine developed under Trump...no? If anything, the vaccine was slow rolled by the FDA to help Biden. You believe differently? 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s interesting. I recall Ms Harris telling the nation that she would never take a vaccine developed under Trump...no? If anything, the vaccine was slow rolled by the FDA to help Biden. You believe differently? 

I don't know what the FDA's role was exactly, but I know the results of the clinical trials were slow-rolled.  They didn't just magically get them a week afterwards.  Had the news been released prior to the election, Trump would have won.

And I'm sure Kammy knew the vaccines were working but wanted to create doubt in case the news was released prior to the election.  But there she was, getting hers...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree Warp Speed was a good thing.  It did not affect either Moderna nor Pfizer as they did not take federal dollars.

Biden’s administration will be judged on how effective  they are in getting people vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree Warp Speed was a good thing.  It did not affect either Moderna nor Pfizer as they did not take federal dollars.

Biden’s administration will be judged on how effective  they are in getting people vaccinated.

Wrong.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Right.  Quit being a partisan hack.

Can you read?

And oh, the hypocrisy!  I assume that's yet another talking point (lie) fed to you guys that you never bothered to fact-check.  But when I give you a link to your gospel newspaper and you still refuse to listen...

Edited by Doc
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Can you read?

And oh, the hypocrisy!  I assume that's yet another talking point (lie) fed to you guys that you never bothered to fact-check.  But when I give you a link to your gospel newspaper and you still refuse to listen...

Modena did receive some federal dollars, you are correct there.  My bad there.  Pfizer did not.  My response was directed towards my comment about the Biden administration being judged by vaccine distribution, which it surely will be.

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Modena did receive some federal dollars, you are correct there.  My bad there.  Pfizer did not.  My response was directed towards my comment about the Biden administration being judged by vaccine distribution, which it surely will be.

:thumbsup:

But I did just bold "Moderna" in your post.

Edit:  LOL @ TBBills fan and the 👎

Edited by Doc
  • Dislike 1