The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

There is no back to normal:

COVID-19: Here’s why global travel is unlikely to resume ‘till 2024

HEALTH AFFAIRS: Vaccination doesn’t equal liberation

....as millions of Israelis have “given a shoulder” to make the country safer, it is becoming more apparent that even if the entire Israeli population is immunized, this will not mean life will return to its 2019 reality.

This will be especially true when it comes to opening the skies and resuming international travel in any significant quantity or of any quality.

To do that, “we need to immunize all countries of the world,” explained Lancet editor-in-chief Richard Horton to The Jerusalem Post. “To reach herd immunity, about two-thirds of the world population – four billion to five billion people – need to be vaccinated. Each person has to have two doses – that is 10 billion doses of the vaccine.”

As such, the pandemic will not be solved by spring 2021, health experts said. It will not be over in 2022. And according to the most optimistic predictions, the skies will only really begin to open, and travel and tourism will resume, sometime between 2023 and 2024 (or never but whatevs)

....Edelstein explained that when discussing global herd immunity, it is not that an average of 70% of the world needs to be vaccinated, it is that 70% of every group and subgroup would need to be equally vaccinated. Otherwise, there would continually be outbreaks and transmission in those non-vaccinated areas....

“The more the process goes on, the more pessimistic the experts are in terms of when [the industry] will rebound. The more time passes, the more expert consensus is that we are not looking at 2022, but 2023 or 2024 – and even then, no one says things will be back to normal.”

The shift in travel and tourism as a result of the global scale of the pandemic will be both in terms of quantity and quality.

“I think people got burned from opening up tourism too fast, which will make things in the future work slower,” he explained, citing the example of what happened between Dubai and Israel.

Masses of Israelis flocked to Dubai when the normalization agreement was signed. Politics and diplomacy got in the way of monitoring how much infection was traveling between the two countries – and in the meantime, the South African mutation entered Israel....

...“People can hope, but I don’t think anyone can realistically say when travel will come anywhere near where it was before,” Noy said. “We are going to see some radical changes.”

In the first stage, it is more likely that “travel corridors” will be established whereby only certain routes will be available based on the immunology of the disease and bilateral agreements between countries, Edelstein said....

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-vaccination-doesnt-equal-liberation-657898

This doesn't just apply to airlines.  

This means every aspect of your lives....indefinitely.  They are flat out telling you right here.  

Every f...ing "mandate" that is "obeyed" is just cementing this being permanent.  

There is no middle or half this or hybrid that.  The more you sheep comply the closer we get to 1984.  

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Working in sync with the Commies here and in China.

Amazing.    

Screenshot_20210205-181130_One UI Home.jpg

They took it seriously from the beginning.

They have dealt with outbreaks in their recent history.

Have a culture of mask wearing before hand.

An authoritarian state has an advantage in doing things necessary to clamp down on a virus like this.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They took it seriously from the beginning.

They have dealt with outbreaks in their recent history.

Have a culture of mask wearing before hand.

An authoritarian state has an advantage in doing things necessary to clamp down on a virus like this.

No they didn't.

And don't ever ever say the opposite.  

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why don't you actually tell me what point your trying to make and I'll get back to you.

That China didn't "beat" anything.

That you can't trust China just as much as you shouldn't trust the NY Times.  

That whatever China looks like today (do we know......1000s could be dying from Covid every day over there and they don't care)....but whatever it looks like is not the end game of Covid.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We round out the week with another 3,600 American souls lost to the Biden Virus. Well done Joe! You’re clearly taking this thing seriously. I’m sure the impact of your Post Office mask mandate will start kicking in on Monday. 

Maybe we should go back to the days of relying on magic, bleach, and Lysol to try to combat the virus. 

Also, you spelled Trump Virus wrong.  

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

That China didn't "beat" anything.

That you can't trust China just as much as you shouldn't trust the NY Times.  

That whatever China looks like today (do we know......1000s could be dying from Covid every day over there and they don't care)....but whatever it looks like is not the end game of Covid.  

This is a solid point.  I'm going to cancel my NYT subscription and get all of my news from OANN, the My Pillow guy/psycho, and MTG.  

Hoax. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe we should go back to the days of relying on magic, bleach, and Lysol to try to combat the virus. 

Also, you spelled Trump Virus wrong.  

I’m not sure what you think a vaccine is but in simple terms it’s essentially ingesting a low dose of something bad INSIDE YOUR BODY that kick starts your immune system to fight off an ‘intruder’.  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure what you think a vaccine is but in simple terms it’s essentially ingesting a low dose of something bad INSIDE YOUR BODY that kick starts your immune system to fight off an ‘intruder’.  

Historically, yes.  This MRNA stuff is a bit different - and pretty cool.  Amazing technology. 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are you comparing getting vaccinated to injecting bleach?

Only 2,700 Americans lost to the Biden Virus yesterday. The weekend couldn’t have come soon enough for Joe and his team of scientists. I’m confident Monday morning they’ll be back hard at work, implementing Page 4 of Biden’s 400 page plan. We should be starting the second chapter some time around 2035. 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Only 2,700 Americans lost to the Trump Virus yesterday. The weekend couldn’t have come soon enough for Joe and his team of scientists. I’m confident Monday morning they’ll be back hard at work, implementing Page 4 of Biden’s 400 page plan. We should be starting the second chapter some time around 2035. 

So Trump killed another 2,700... Everyone saw this coming when he stopped doing his duty as president. Now we are feeling the effects of what his negligence has done.

So funny you talk about looking in the mirror in the other post and come with this *****. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Edited by TBBills

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Only 2,700 Americans lost to the Biden Virus yesterday. The weekend couldn’t have come soon enough for Joe and his team of scientists. I’m confident Monday morning they’ll be back hard at work, implementing Page 4 of Biden’s 400 page plan. We should be starting the second chapter some time around 2035. 

I enjoy the dialog we have on many occasions, but you must realize the post you have above is ridiculous, right?  You honestly can't believe this is Biden's virus, right?  You can't honestly believe that 2.5 weeks is enough time to completely turn things around, right?  You can't honestly believe that science isn't the ultimate way to defeat this thing, right?  You can't honestly believe they aren't taking steps to get more vaccines out to folks, right?  Looking to get more funding to do so, right?

Assuming I'm correct on the above, what is the purpose of your post?  I have to tell you it makes you look silly.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I enjoy the dialog we have on many occasions, but you must realize the post you have above is ridiculous, right?  You honestly can't believe this is Biden's virus, right?  You can't honestly believe that t.5 weeks is enough time to completely turn things around, right?  You can't honestly believe that science isn't the ultimate way to defeat this thing, right?  You can't honestly believe they aren't taking steps to get more vaccines out to folks, right?  Looking to get more funding to do so, right?

Assuming I'm correct on the above, what is the purpose of your post?  I have to tell you it makes you look silly.

Let him keep doing it.