The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I think we need more politicians that are *****.  Being overly compassionate is the reason we have ***** cities like Oakland with Libby The Hand Wringer Schaaf

Not the topic on the table. And also, not specific. If you don’t think AOC is a dick, you’re not paying attention. Voting for ***** is a solution to nothing. 

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Another Twit for Brains.  It was not fully shut down.  

And it was not for one case. But besides that, good source. Big Blitz fail. Again. 

41 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Not the topic on the table. And also, not specific. If you don’t think AOC is a dick, you’re not paying attention. Voting for ***** is a solution to nothing. 

And it was not for one case. But besides that, good source. Big Blitz fail. Again. 

When I say a dick I mean leading with an attitude of tough love with an emphasis on tough.  Politicians need to stop doing what's popular, worrying about keeping their phony baloney jobs and start doing what's right and that means stop coddling people.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Another Twit for Brains.  It was not fully shut down.  

Seems rather significant to me.  Over 1 corona case like it's January 2020:

China shuts terminal at world’s 3rd busiest port after COVID case

China partly shut the world’s third-busiest container port after a worker became infected with COVID-19, raising fears that it could further strain shipping and drive up prices of goods, which could fuel inflation.

China partly shut the world’s third-busiest container port after a worker became infected with Covid, threatening more damage to already fragile supply chains and global trade as a key shopping season nears.

All inbound and outbound container services at Meishan terminal in Ningbo-Zhoushan port were halted Wednesday until further notice due to a “system disruption,” according to a statement from the port. An employee tested positive for coronavirus, the eastern Chinese city’s government said.

The closed terminal accounts for about 25% of container cargo through the port, calculates security consultant GardaWorld, which said “the suspension could severely impact cargo handling and shipping.” Germany’s Hapag-Lloyd AG said there will be a delay in sailings.

This is the second recent shutdown of a Chinese port due to the coronavirus, after the closure of Yantian port in Shenzhen from late May for about a month. That led goods to back up in factories and storage yards and also likely lifted soaring freight rates, which are at record levels and a source of inflation.

The fear is that this new disruption will further strain shipping and supplies of goods, dampening growth and driving up prices. An extended shuttering at Ningbo could be especially painful for the world economy because seaborne trade usually rises toward the end of the year as companies ship Christmas and holiday products.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/8/12/china-shuts-terminal-at-worlds-3rd-busiest-port-after-covid-case

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Seems rather significant to me.  Over 1 corona case like it's January 2020:

China shuts terminal at world’s 3rd busiest port after COVID case

China partly shut the world’s third-busiest container port after a worker became infected with COVID-19, raising fears that it could further strain shipping and drive up prices of goods, which could fuel inflation.

China partly shut the world’s third-busiest container port after a worker became infected with Covid, threatening more damage to already fragile supply chains and global trade as a key shopping season nears.

All inbound and outbound container services at Meishan terminal in Ningbo-Zhoushan port were halted Wednesday until further notice due to a “system disruption,” according to a statement from the port. An employee tested positive for coronavirus, the eastern Chinese city’s government said.

The closed terminal accounts for about 25% of container cargo through the port, calculates security consultant GardaWorld, which said “the suspension could severely impact cargo handling and shipping.” Germany’s Hapag-Lloyd AG said there will be a delay in sailings.

This is the second recent shutdown of a Chinese port due to the coronavirus, after the closure of Yantian port in Shenzhen from late May for about a month. That led goods to back up in factories and storage yards and also likely lifted soaring freight rates, which are at record levels and a source of inflation.

The fear is that this new disruption will further strain shipping and supplies of goods, dampening growth and driving up prices. An extended shuttering at Ningbo could be especially painful for the world economy because seaborne trade usually rises toward the end of the year as companies ship Christmas and holiday products.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/8/12/china-shuts-terminal-at-worlds-3rd-busiest-port-after-covid-case

Read that Tweet you posted compared to the article you linked and tell us the discrepancy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Your backbends to defend Trump and his vaccine example and whataboutism are remarkable. You can drop the veneer of objective thought you purport to have. 

Trump as president and immediate ex president should have been and continue to promote the vaccine. He should have gotten the shot on TV. He should be talking it up. Simple. 

Bracing for more comments about Obama, Biden, and the media. 

In a post discussing COVID 19, I discussed a former president and his social influencer pro vax pro post vax mask friends getting together in a large group when the current president and his group is suggesting that’s dangerous behavior.    

Your response was in part “whataboutism and Trump and stuff?”.  Since I don’t subscribe to the internet lowest common denominator of “whataboutism” being something to fear,  I asked you directly to be more specific about Trump.  I didn’t backbend, somersault, dodge, evade or triple lutz…I just asked for clarity, so I could share my opinion in response to your whatabout Trump question.   

Your reply was “Trump and vaccines”, which I found to be a bit broad, but opted to push ahead since you extended the courtesy of a reply.   

I summarized my point of view, never claimed the mantle of objectivity, I just told you what I thought.   I didn’t ask you to concur, call you Sponge Bob Stupid  Pants if you disagreed, I just answered a very broad question understanding the purposeful nature of asking a question that would be interpreted differently by every person who tried to answer. 

Now, I see the real question has nothing to do with development of vaccine, getting it to market, or anything like that.  You just wanted to know my thoughts on whether or not Trump should have been vaccinated on live television, and whether or not he should be out selling the vaxx protocol.

Here’s my direct reply to those questions: 

1. I don’t think it matters if he actively promotes the vaccine or not. Damage  was done to the psyche of the American people when Harris and the like were trashing the program preemptively in late 2020.   Trump supporters know he was vaccinated, know the landscape and decide to vaxx or not as they see fit.   Those that hate and despise Trump likely would conclude there was something nefarious afoot since they were previously warned not to trust the vaxx developed during the Trump admin.   

2.  It’s irrelevant whether or not Trump was vaccinated privately or in a breaking news segment when Old Man Sundancer was watching “Father Knows Best” on the console.  It’s not 1964 Gramps.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In a post discussing COVID 19, I discussed a former president and his social influencer pro vax pro post vax mask friends getting together in a large group when the current president and his group is suggesting that’s dangerous behavior.    

Your response was in part “whataboutism and Trump and stuff?”.  Since I don’t subscribe to the internet lowest common denominator of “whataboutism” being something to fear,  I asked you directly to be more specific about Trump.  I didn’t backbend, somersault, dodge, evade or triple lutz…I just asked for clarity, so I could share my opinion in response to your whatabout Trump question.   

Your reply was “Trump and vaccines”, which I found to be a bit broad, but opted to push ahead since you extended the courtesy of a reply.   

I summarized my point of view, never claimed the mantle of objectivity, I just told you what I thought.   I didn’t ask you to concur, call you Sponge Bob Stupid  Pants if you disagreed, I just answered a very broad question understanding the purposeful nature of asking a question that would be interpreted differently by every person who tried to answer. 

Now, I see the real question has nothing to do with development of vaccine, getting it to market, or anything like that.  You just wanted to know my thoughts on whether or not Trump should have been vaccinated on live television, and whether or not he should be out selling the vaxx protocol.

Here’s my direct reply to those questions: 

1. I don’t think it matters if he actively promotes the vaccine or not. Damage  was done to the psyche of the American people when Harris and the like were trashing the program preemptively in late 2020.   Trump supporters know he was vaccinated, know the landscape and decide to vaxx or not as they see fit.   Those that hate and despise Trump likely would conclude there was something nefarious afoot since they were previously warned not to trust the vaxx developed during the Trump admin.   

2.  It’s irrelevant whether or not Trump was vaccinated privately or in a breaking news segment when Old Man Sundancer was watching “Father Knows Best” on the console.  It’s not 1964 Gramps.  

You should start a comedy act. But be sure not to mention that you’re objective in any way again. 

44 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You should start a comedy act. But be sure not to mention that you’re objective in any way again. 

Why are you asking my opinion if you’re predetermined to be prickly about the reply?   It’s a bit hurtful, makes me sad and makes you an untrustworthy dialogue companion.   We may be at a crossroads here.  

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, not so sure of this study, but it is scary if proven true.

Guess what I dont understand is if people are working from home, are they making the conscious decision to not employ childcare to save money?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/12/children-born-during-pandemic-have-lower-iqs-us-study-finds

Study is early but there can be Iittle doubt children suffered more than anyone except the elderly since March 2020. 

Edited by Sundancer

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, not so sure of this study, but it is scary if proven true.

Guess what I dont understand is if people are working from home, are they making the conscious decision to not employ childcare to save money?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/12/children-born-during-pandemic-have-lower-iqs-us-study-finds

How do you test the IQ of a child 18 months  and younger?

And no, I did not read the article. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

yea, i dont know about that either..i assume via some kind tactile test...like i said i have my questions about the study 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Read the article. The headline sucks, though the testing method makes sense and they looked at kids up to about 3. 

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

When I first dated my wife, I told her I made $786,000 a year as a stockbroker on Wall Street.

I told her after she had committed that I actually made $9,400 as a part-time register clerk at Mighty Taco, and that Wall Street wasn’t in Cheektowaga.  

To her credit, she was very understanding and realized I was just embellishing a bit because she was a 9 and I was a 4.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Read the article. The headline sucks, though the testing method makes sense and they looked at kids up to about 3. 

No thanks. I won’t give them the click.  Children over 18 months were not born during Covid.  I can’t stand deceptive headlines. Why I’ve been calling out people posting BS Tweets. 

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

An online non profit “paper” made an error that it corrected within an hour?

OUTRAGE!!!!

Yeah, that's the simple explanation.  I'm sure the retraction was as widely publicized as the original headline...