The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There was no fraud in the election.  Your unwillingness to accept reality threatens the survival of our republic.

Absurd and emotional drivel. 

Folks who voted for Biden and the Dems supported the public character assassination  of a Supreme Court nominee, two silly impeachments (one of which contrasts with a  former VP bragging about a billion dollar shakedown of Ukraine before his brain turned to puddin') and ran a fools gambit on the president as a traitor and illegitimate president.  They also sat back apathetically as the story spun from treason! to not treason!, but obstruction!  Obstruction for what, why for defending oneself against charges of Treason!  

https://www.fox29.com/news/pelosis-2016-tweet-calling-on-congress-to-act-resurfaces

https://nypost.com/2020/11/10/roots-of-stolen-election-claims-and-other-commentary/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/07/16/john-brennan-tweet-putin-trump-cooper-ip-sot-vpx.cnn

And of course:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450230-warren-says-us-elections-are-less-secure-than-your-amazon-account

It was Chuck Schumer who said, the intelligence community has  'six ways to Sunday to get back at you' and guess what, he's absolutely right.  It's quite telling that he didn't suggest legally, lawfully or otherwise, or that the American people will judge you...just that some way, some how, you'll be gotten to.  That's some ominous movie villain ***** there, and his dimwitted media partner in the other chair just nods her head like a homely toy dog in the back of a car window. 

I didn't spend much time worrying about the election results--people will lie, cheat and steal, trusting those entrusted with our election blindly---it seemed clear to me that whatever legal bid was launched was unlikely to prevail simply based on timing if nothing else.  Still, it certainly made sense to see it through, just like we did when Gore lost and did his tap dance in an attempt to prevail. 

At worst, it was politics not unlike "THE PRESIDENT IS ILLEGITIMATE!" and a three+ year circle jerk that dragged a bunch of easily manipulated individuals into what amounts to a crappy Tom Clancy script that he tossed out as too absurd even for a Matt Damon movie.  

The Republic is threatened most when people stop asking questions and pushing back against ludicrous tales of hookers, urine and blow.  We'll be fine.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Republic is threatened most when people stop asking questions and pushing back against ludicrous tales of hookers, urine and blow.  We'll be fine.  

Threatened?

And look what happens when people are lied to...

image.thumb.jpeg.b1a826db1836357459ef12fa8db5f30b.jpeg

39 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Threatened?

And look what happens when people are lied to...

image.thumb.jpeg.b1a826db1836357459ef12fa8db5f30b.jpeg

While I think you're one of the easily manipulated simps who walked down aisle one when they told you treason, then moved to aisle two when they told you obstruction, then hopped on a bus to Urkainamania while nodding your head in agreement when they told you Joe's shakedown and insertion into the  framework of a sovereign nation was vice-presidential, you're onto a very important point here.

Yes, there is inherent danger in lying to the public about illegitimate elections, coups and allowing the intelligence agencies to find six ways to Sunday to destroy you.  That was the problem with lies to the dem base, and perilously similar to the tactics of Joe McCarthy.  Biden and Obama were briefed in early Jan 2017, before vacating the WH ,by John Brennan that the Steele dossier was bunk paid for by Trump's opponent.  That Clinton didn't care that she was endangering the republic is obvious, but why one earth would two political powerhouses NOT tell the American people that the one of the main lynchpins in the ginned up charges against Trump were a myth created by the losing candidate?   We all might have sighed a collective relief that at worst, shenanigans were afoot. Why didn't they tell us to keep us from each other's throats?

The answer is simple of course--politics and reliance on the base to suck up everything they said without nary a question as to why it made no sense.  Plus, us at each other's throats is good for the political soul. 

What right follows is distrust, suspicion, anger, resentment and rage....which unfortunately leads crazy people to do crazy things.  The fact that you don't see the direct line from Russiagate to the assault n the capitol is not surprising to me in the least.  The fact that you haven't considered that the IC knew about plans for something at the Capitol that day, and allowed it to play out as it did surprises me even less.  Four words matter here:  Six ways to Sunday.  

Glad we could agree on something, at least.  Thankfully, the assault on the Capitol was not worse--can you imagine the devastation if it followed the organizational model of the riots across the country last summer and fall? 

In the end, it's a dangerous game, this politicization of the election, but it works quite well.  You bought it. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

While I think you're one of the easily manipulated simps who walked down aisle one when they told you treason, then moved to aisle two when they told you obstruction, then hopped on a bus to Urkainamania while nodding your head in agreement when they told you Joe's shakedown and insertion into the  framework of a sovereign nation was vice-presidential, you're onto a very important point here.

Yes, there is inherent danger in lying to the public about illegitimate elections, coups and allowing the intelligence agencies to find six ways to Sunday to destroy you.  That was the problem with lies to the dem base, and perilously similar to the tactics of Joe McCarthy.  Biden and Obama were briefed in early Jan 2017, before vacating the WH ,by John Brennan that the Steele dossier was bunk paid for by Trump's opponent.  That Clinton didn't care that she was endangering the republic is obvious, but why one earth would two political powerhouses NOT tell the American people that the one of the main lynchpins in the ginned up charges against Trump were a myth created by the losing candidate?   We all might have sighed a collective relief that at worst, shenanigans were afoot. Why didn't they tell us to keep us from each other's throats?

The answer is simple of course--politics and reliance on the base to suck up everything they said without nary a question as to why it made no sense.  Plus, us at each other's throats is good for the political soul. 

What right follows is distrust, suspicion, anger, resentment and rage....which unfortunately leads crazy people to do crazy things.  The fact that you don't see the direct line from Russiagate to the assault n the capitol is not surprising to me in the least.  The fact that you haven't considered that the IC knew about plans for something at the Capitol that day, and allowed it to play out as it did surprises me even less.  Four words matter here:  Six ways to Sunday.  

Glad we could agree on something, at least.  Thankfully, the assault on the Capitol was not worse--can you imagine the devastation if it followed the organizational model of the riots across the country last summer and fall? 

In the end, it's a dangerous game, this politicization of the election, but it works quite well.  You bought it. 

Wow, I hope you just copied all this BS from BILLSFANS.COM because I'm certain this BS resonates more there at your safe place than here... and btw, nice @Deranged Rhinotouch at the end. So on BRAND of you - lmao.

Anyhow, Qupid, I bet you can't wait for the fully unredacted Mueller Report to be released - right?  You're so confident you should welcome it!  I do wonder why Barr had to cover up everything Mueller discovered? You do know those dominoes (LOL) are starting to fall, right?

OHHH - and I hear there is a second Steele Dossier out there - should be juicy.  Get your Putin approved talking points ready - hustle!

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You are aware that the Democrats in Congress have had access to the un-redacted Meuller report for well over a year.

and now you are putting your hopes and dreams on a "second" Steele dossier ?

For a tenth of a second there I almost felt sorry for you.

What a sad existence.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Back to the thread.........

Federal Judge Makes Revolutionary Finding That CDC Can't Stop Evictions Because It Has No Authority to Do So

The CDC, citing public health grounds, had implemented the temporary halt on evictions, extending protections for millions of tenants who have fallen behind on their rent during the pandemic. But a series of conflicting lower court rulings has called into question the legality of the moratorium, creating uncertainty for landlords and tenants alike.

Wednesday’s ruling from Judge Dabney Friedrich, from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, is the first to set aside the moratorium on a nationwide basis. The Justice Department had requested that any ruling only apply narrowly to the housing providers and Realtors associations who brought the case.

Judge Friedrich, a Trump appointee, said that while it was the role of the political branches of government to address the pandemic, current federal law on public health didn’t give the CDC broad authority to impose the moratorium.

When the first whiff of the China virus hit the United States, the first reaction reminded me of the old Army tradition of dealing with an emergency:

When in danger, When in doubt;

Run in circles, scream and shout.

{snip}

In one fell swoop, the CDC did to private contracts and the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment what had already been done to the First Amendment.

As I’ve said time and again, the real purpose in virtually all regulations promulgated to allegedly prevent the spread of the Wuhan virus were simply stalking horses to increase the power of the administrative state and undercut the ability of the citizenry to object to curtailment of freedom because of a “public health emergency.” We’re slowly seeing the courts correct the overreach by bureaucracies and by particularly fascistic governors. Whether the cases decided in the favor of freedom will be able to hold in the face of some future assault carried out by our betters to keep us safe from ourselves remains to be seen.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/05/05/federal-judge-makes-revolutionary-finding-that-cdc-cant-stop-evictions-because-it-has-no-authority-to-do-so-n374873

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wow, I hope you just copied all this BS from BILLSFANS.COM because I'm certain this BS resonates more there at your safe place than here... and btw, nice @Deranged Rhinotouch at the end. So on BRAND of you - lmao.

Anyhow, Qupid,

I'm 100% confident in what I said, in what I know, and how easily you are manipulated.  Here, I'll prove it.  Some easily manipulated (*^*&%^$^#posted this recently in response to the question "Why didn't Obama/Biden set the nation's mind at ease when they  discovered that what was being reported was untrue and had the potential to tear the very fabric of the nation asunder?':

I bet you can't wait for the fully unredacted Mueller Report to be released - right?  You're so confident you should welcome it!  I do wonder why Barr had to cover up everything Mueller discovered? You do know those dominoes (LOL) are starting to fall, right?

OHHH - and I hear there is a second Steele Dossier out there - should be juicy.  Get your Putin approved talking points ready - hustle!

Most everybody gets manipulated from time to time.  I've been a victim, I actually thought John Durham was honestly working to shine light on corruption in the political arena.  I actually thought the dems must have something...anything that would tie Trump directly and irrefutably to Russia.  This was around the time Obama and Biden were keeping their secret.  Kudos to the 4merper4mer for calling that bull#### what it was.  

But, yeah, obviously --buckle up for Mueller v2.0!  Unredacted Mueller!  Mueller Sings!    Maybe we can watch that old cat with the head injury babble on nonsensically yet again.  He did an awesome job vindicating Trump the first time.  

Then, the new thrilla STEELE II: HARD STEELE should keep your loins boiling for a bit.  

No, I"m not concerned in the least.  Not worried that there is some hidden gem that Mueller missed, or wasn't leaked or anything at all.  I'm absolutely certain it will be doctored, 'new' evidence will be found or wahtever, and DJT will be at Mara Largo sunbathing in a speedo when all is said and done.  

I really don't understand the fantasy fixation with former posters.  It has gotten to the point of being very creepy.  Just ask 'em out for Christ's sake.  

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You are aware that the Democrats in Congress have had access to the un-redacted Meuller report for well over a year.

and now you are putting your hopes and dreams on a "second" Steele dossier ?

For a tenth of a second there I almost felt sorry for you.

What a sad existence.

Sad existence? You graduated college in 1976 and post cartoons and plagiarize on a message board all day long?

Ok Bonnnnnnnnie lmao

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm 100% confident in what I said, in what I know, and how easily you are manipulated.  Here, I'll prove it.  Some easily manipulated (*^*&%^$^#posted this recently in response to the question "Why didn't Obama/Biden set the nation's mind at ease when they  discovered that what was being reported was untrue and had the potential to tear the very fabric of the nation asunder?':

I bet you can't wait for the fully unredacted Mueller Report to be released - right?  You're so confident you should welcome it!  I do wonder why Barr had to cover up everything Mueller discovered? You do know those dominoes (LOL) are starting to fall, right?

Most everybody gets manipulated from time to time.  I've been a victim, I actually thought John Durham was honestly working to shine light on corruption in the political arena.  I actually thought the dems must have something...anything that would tie Trump directly and irrefutably to Russia.  This was around the time Obama and Biden were keeping their secret.  Kudos to the 4merper4mer for calling that bull#### what it was.  

But, yeah, obviously --buckle up for Mueller v2.0!  Unredacted Mueller!  Mueller Sings!    Maybe we can watch that old cat with the head injury babble on nonsensically yet again.  He did an awesome job vindicating Trump the first time.  

Then, the new thrilla STEELE II: HARD STEELE should keep your loins boiling for a bit.  

No, I"m not concerned in the least.  Not worried that there is some hidden gem that Mueller missed, or wasn't leaked or anything at all.  I'm absolutely certain it will be doctored, 'new' evidence will be found or wahtever, and DJT will be at Mara Largo sunbathing in a speedo when all is said and done.  

I really don't understand the fantasy fixation with former posters.  It has gotten to the point of being very creepy.  Just ask 'em out for Christ's sake.  

LMAO - I hope you win bro - and don’t be so gullible. 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Federal Judge Makes Revolutionary Finding That CDC Can't Stop Evictions Because It Has No Authority to Do So

The CDC, citing public health grounds, had implemented the temporary halt on evictions, extending protections for millions of tenants who have fallen behind on their rent during the pandemic. But a series of conflicting lower court rulings has called into question the legality of the moratorium, creating uncertainty for landlords and tenants alike.

Wednesday’s ruling from Judge Dabney Friedrich, from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, is the first to set aside the moratorium on a nationwide basis. The Justice Department had requested that any ruling only apply narrowly to the housing providers and Realtors associations who brought the case.

Judge Friedrich, a Trump appointee, said that while it was the role of the political branches of government to address the pandemic, current federal law on public health didn’t give the CDC broad authority to impose the moratorium.

When the first whiff of the China virus hit the United States, the first reaction reminded me of the old Army tradition of dealing with an emergency:

{snip}

In one fell swoop, the CDC did to private contracts and the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment what had already been done to the First Amendment.

As I’ve said time and again, the real purpose in virtually all regulations promulgated to allegedly prevent the spread of the Wuhan virus were simply stalking horses to increase the power of the administrative state and undercut the ability of the citizenry to object to curtailment of freedom because of a “public health emergency.” We’re slowly seeing the courts correct the overreach by bureaucracies and by particularly fascistic governors. Whether the cases decided in the favor of freedom will be able to hold in the face of some future assault carried out by our betters to keep us safe from ourselves remains to be seen.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/05/05/federal-judge-makes-revolutionary-finding-that-cdc-cant-stop-evictions-because-it-has-no-authority-to-do-so-n374873

After September 11th you could have read the very same article,  but replace pandemic with terrorism and replace Lock-Down regulations with the Patriot Act. It seems that no matter which Party is 'in charge', there will always be an urge to be even more in charge than our freedom-based society is founded on.  And so it goes....

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sad existence? You graduated college in 1976 and post cartoons and plagiarize on a message board all day long?

I am retired after working for 47 years.

No plagiarizing.

I'm just gonna go ahead and enrolled you in my 10 week class entitled "Comprehension:

Like, What Even Is It? I Mean, You Know?"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know if your time away from a Trump Presidency has made you more desperate to be right and thus more cryptic, more vague and less intelligible... but that's unfortunately what most of this post is...

Cryptic...

Vague....

Unintelligible.

If you've had a few drinks this evening, I completely understand... I've drunk-posted before.

If not... please translate... :wub:

Sure, I'll give it another try to help you catch up.  This virtual teaching gig ain't all it's cracked up to be, you know? 

• You have an unhealthy fascination with posters you used to interact with back when they were here and gave a ^%$# what you had to say.  It's boring.
  • You often display a stunning lack of self-awareness, most recently when you complained about them being symptoms of the problem in civility and discourse because they disagree with you.  That's sad. 
  • You specifically targeted the percentage of Republican men who are vaccine hesitant, or vaccine cynics for their beliefs.  You then lobbied for mandatory vaccinations and completely dismissed their feelings and distrust of govt.  That you just came off 4 years of distrust of govt is actually kind of humorous to me. 
  • I questioned your fixation on ig'nance and hypocrisy on the group de jour you targeted, and included links that suggest that in addition to those you targeted, 4% of dem voters and 22% of independents fall into the same class: Vax skeptics.  In checking some data, the 4% of dems would be around 6-7million, and the 22% of indys would be another 7-8million cycnics, a number substantial enough to be concerning if you were being honest in your analysis;
  • I included a link to concerns of Black voters, you opted to attempt to Transplain about the history of Black Americans and vaccinations, which is well known and frequently discussed, but represents and emotional argument, not a scientific one.  That you feel forced compliance will improve the trust these folks have in the system seems...uh silly.  Let's assume of the reported 42m Black Americans, 30%  are hesitant or won't vax, putting that number at 12.6 m.  
  • We haven't discussed those flying under the societal radar, but the number of vaccine hesitant, cynical or refusers in the 15-20million undocumented immigrants is likely quite high, would you agree?  

I won't bore you further while you're raging against the DWRM (despicable white republican male), but the problem is much, much deeper than you suggest by a matter of tens of millions. 

Finally, there are many, many reasons to be distrustful of the vaccine, development and deployment for folks of all political stripes, backgrounds, skin tones and the like.  That you're convinced everything  is 100% jimmy jack safe is cool, but other folks don't have your  life experiences, background or trust in the government (well, this government).   Leave them be. 

Then there's this sort of political mischievousness where our own VP/Home Health Aide to her Uncle Joe cast doubt on the development, administration and safety of the vaccine.  https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-rejects-a-coronavirus-vaccine-from-trump-2020-10  

Of course, she wasn't the only one.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-balked-at-coronavirus-vaccine-under-trump

Hope this help clarify.  God bless.

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

{snip}

The boning of the American landlord was purposeful and intentional.  It's going to get worse, especially in NY. 

45 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ok Bonnnnnnnnie lmao

LMAO - I hope you win bro - and don’t be so gullible. 

"Win" what bro?  I have no idea what that means in this context.  I've been blessed in my life, so in that regard I win every day. 

Besides--we agreed on something today.  No way I ever thought that would happen. Holla when the Affleck movie comes out about the heroic Mike Steele.  I'll catch it on Prime. 

Have a good night.   

The Incredible Vanishing Flu

by Brian C. Joondeph

Seasonal influenza, also known as “the flu,” visits America every year, similar to tornados, thunderstorms, heat waves, and snowstorms. As tracked by the CDC, over the past decade symptomatic flu cases ranged from 9 to 45 million cases per year in the US. Hospitalizations varied from 140 to 810 thousand, and deaths from 12 to 61 thousand, depending on the particular year, strain of influenza, and effectiveness of the vaccine. This year, “flu activity is unusually low at this time” according to CDC surveillance. Since late September 2020, they recorded only about 2000 cases, a minute fraction of the tens of millions of cases in past years.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/the_incredible_vanishing_flu.html

• Haha (+1) 1

Peer reviewed study finds that ivermectin is effective as prophylaxis for Covid-19 and as a therapeutic remedy

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

I expect the corporate media will ignore as much as possible the findings of a peer-reviewed study just published in the American Journal of Therapeutics that concludes the readily-available, inexpensive (off-patent) drug ivermectin is effective in treating existing cases of Covid-19 and in preventing coming down with the illness. Unlike the experimental vaccines that we are being ceaselessly urged to take, ivermectin has been around for many years and is safe for all but a few people. (snip) here is the conclusion of the article (snip) ivermectin should be globally and systematically deployed in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/peer_reviewed_study_finds_that_ivermectin_is_effective_as_prophylaxis_for_covid19_and_as_a_therapeutic_remedy_.html