The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the first hand reporting. When is your second shot? How long from now? 
Keep us all informed on your experience.

The second shot is 21 days after the first one, so I'm scheduled for January 10th.  I'll update in the next day or so about any reactions.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

The second shot is 21 days after the first one, so I'm scheduled for January 10th.  I'll update in the next day or so about any reactions.  

Let’s hope any reactions are mild. You’ve got to be awake and in good spirits for the Super Bowl! 
Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Just got my vaccine 20 minutes ago.  I work in health care with direct patient contact, I am 65, and I have asthma so I qualified as one of the ones to get it.  The process was very straightforward.  You sign up for a CDC site to let them know about any adverse effects you might get, and the injection itself was easy; hardly felt the needle at all.  They then had me wait around for 15 minutes in case I developed any severe allergic reaction, which I did not.  They also sign you up for your second injection while on site and you get a reminder from the CDC site to be sure you get the second shot.  

When you get your chance to get the vaccine, do so.  Let's beat this damn thing!

God Bless you, you crazy old man fan!! 

I will hand it to Trump, the second he went into hiding and started golfing and trying to commit voter fraud, this country has began to get a little more positive with vaccines in which the President has not given one ***** unless to try and pretend like he had anything to do with it for ego purposes. 

Quick vaccine update.  I got it at 7:50 this morning, nothing all day except a little soreness at the injection site like any other shot.  At 3:30 I got a text from the CDC to do my first “v-safe check in”.   Had to answer some questions about any symptoms I might be having, whether it was arresting my activities, and such.  While I had nothing to report, I’m glad the CDC is compiling all this information!  Check in with them again tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Quick vaccine update.  I got it at 7:50 this morning, nothing all day except a little soreness at the injection site like any other shot.  At 3:30 I got a text from the CDC to do my first “v-safe check in”.   Had to answer some questions about any symptoms I might be having, whether it was arresting my activities, and such.  While I had nothing to report, I’m glad the CDC is compiling all this information!  Check in with them again tomorrow!

If you want to report hallucinations because you think the Bills won the AFC East, stop! It really happened. Hope your well. Keep us updated. 

• Like (+1) 1

A Georgia mega-church pastor has contracted coronavirus just days after attending a White House Christmas party.

Jentezen Franklin, of Free Chapel in Gainsville, was absent from Sunday service after testing positive for the disease, his colleague, pastor Javon Ruff, said.

“We want to make you aware that pastor Franklin has come in contact with Covid, but he is doing perfectly fine," Mr Ruff told the congregation, according to local media reports.

He added: "He actually is doing great. He went and got tested and his test came back positive so he is doing the right thing to do and staying quarantined and continuing to be distanced.

"We'll continue to pray and lift him up."

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A Georgia mega-church pastor has contracted coronavirus just days after attending a White House Christmas party.

Jentezen Franklin, of Free Chapel in Gainsville, was absent from Sunday service after testing positive for the disease, his colleague, pastor Javon Ruff, said.

“We want to make you aware that pastor Franklin has come in contact with Covid, but he is doing perfectly fine," Mr Ruff told the congregation, according to local media reports.

He added: "He actually is doing great. He went and got tested and his test came back positive so he is doing the right thing to do and staying quarantined and continuing to be distanced.

"We'll continue to pray and lift him up."

He also went to the grocery store and Home Depot 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you're saying that the ONLY people in the hospital are those that have not worn a mask?  Is that statistic published somewhere? 

No.

The pastor is required to wear a mask at Home Depot and the grocery store. He was not required to wear one at the White House Christmas party.