The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Once we have rapid-result testing 

Rapid antigen testing becoming more widespread...been in Fredricksburg for about 6 weeks, now available in Richmond..even in West VA, son did a rapid test in Morgantown 3 weeks ago

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Certain posters on here would sell their left nut for Covid to be half the disaster they claim it is. 

If they had any nuts!!!

Looks like Florida, Texas and Cali are starting to burnout and numbers are dropping. What will they cry about next

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

We see what happens with inadequate testing, rapid reopening, social distancing/mask skepticism, and minimal contact tracing. Congratulations: With all of those things, cases went up and we did not get on top of things.

The feds didn't unite the country in a plan, states decided not to follow the CDC guidelines, and we now have little choice but to just let it run. Good "plan."

Yes. A united effort would have made things much better. The division sowed around this disease was largely avoidable. 

You start a lot of sentences taking credit for pretty obvious statements. You also take credit for making predictions you didn't actually make, as I quoted a few weeks ago. Humility is OK in a pandemic, though I know muscling up on a message board, especially this one, is the preferred posture. I can do it too but what's the point except to make yourself feel better. 

You’re blaming the feds but this is happening everywhere.  Japan is having a resurgence and you won’t find a more obedient society anywhere.  

Seems it will play itself out.  

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

We see what happens with inadequate testing, rapid reopening, social distancing/mask skepticism, and minimal contact tracing. Congratulations: With all of those things, cases went up and we did not get on top of things.

The feds didn't unite the country in a plan, states decided not to follow the CDC guidelines, and we now have little choice but to just let it run. Good "plan."

Yes. A united effort would have made things much better. The division sowed around this disease was largely avoidable. 

You start a lot of sentences taking credit for pretty obvious statements. You also take credit for making predictions you didn't actually make, as I quoted a few weeks ago. Humility is OK in a pandemic, though I know muscling up on a message board, especially this one, is the preferred posture. I can do it too but what's the point except to make yourself feel better. 

I can't think of anyone on this board that has been as wrong on what they believed to be the case when it comes to COVID-19 as you have.

You essentially parrot mainstream media analysis.  You've been proven wrong time and time again.   It is what it is.

With that said.

Florida is really beginning to show signs of promise.  I'm thinking they have hit their peak from a prevalency pov. 

And Arizona looking better by the day.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Magox said:

What I talked about months ago, still stands today.  Protect the most vulnerable, practice some common sense precautionary measures and reopen the economy fully.   

At this juncture, I think it's pretty clear that people still urging shutdowns are doing so for reasons other than the virus.

It's time to reopen.

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Gary M said:

If they had any nuts!!!

Looks like Florida, Texas and Cali are starting to burnout and numbers are dropping. What will they cry about next

That's why I knew he wasn't talkin' about me. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

At this juncture, I think it's pretty clear that people still urging shutdowns are doing so for reasons other than the virus.

It's time to reopen.

When you consider both sides of the ledger, there is only one rational decision when it comes to opening or not.

Just now, Magox said:

When you consider both sides of the ledger, there is only one rational decision when it comes to opening or not.

I think you have identified the problem: rational decision. People have been anything but rational. Some people still have not left the house in 4.5 months.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think you have identified the problem: rational decision. People have been anything but rational. Some people still have not left the house in 4.5 months.

They are anti data and clearly are not looking at the overall picture.  That and of course that they are partisans.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I would bet that at least 90% of them are anti Trump.

You know who is behind the resistance to opening when you hear that people who don't believe masks help are suddenly "anti-maskers."

No one can label a group for mocking quite like the Democrats. 

On 5/4/2020 at 4:22 PM, Magox said:

Influenza is cyclical and I think there is a chance that this will be as well....Not to mention the hot and humid weather of the summer which should not be underestimated.  When you combine that with some of the therapeutics that I am almost certain that we will have available in the coming months, I think there is a solid chance that we will see declining numbers.   

Right on!

14 minutes ago, Magox said:

I can't think of anyone on this board that has been as wrong on what they believed to be the case when it comes to COVID-19 as you have.

You essentially parrot mainstream media analysis.  You've been proven wrong time and time again.   It is what it is.

With that said.

Florida is really beginning to show signs of promise.  I'm thinking they have hit their peak from a prevalency pov. 

And Arizona looking better by the day.

I just hope those aren’t temporary drops giving people a false sense of hope.