The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

how is online school a disaster? 

study after study after study thats says in person schooling is critical for the development of children, study after study that proves that students from lower income and minority families are disproportionately affected by school shutdowns, and  not one study anywhere that shows the virus is transmitting from either child to child or child to adult in school settings. 

In other words, a disaster all around succumbing to media hysteria instead of facts...and hurting the very people the most who supposedly the "left" is fighting to protect. Awful

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

how is online school a disaster? 

Lack of attention span. Teachers not able to spot abuse at home. Minor things for people like you who support child abuse.

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And this was a "well-managed" state. Notice how the "well-managed" states all have the highest death totals?

Because they're so "well-managed."

Needs to be a criminal investigation if they've told Doctors to stop prescribing HCQ. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So looks like California is going back to shutdown mode eh? What a mistake. LA and San Diego county online school for the fall. What a disaster.

Teachers are so stupid.  Slitting their own throats and don't even realize.

Let's just if....if virtual is such a viable alternative to in person (it isnt), then why ever go back to school again?  

You already have Cuomo "reimagining" schools.  Wth do they think that means?  Cut education budget you can cut property taxes and convince the wealthy people wondering why the hell they're staying there to not leave. 

But oh wait Dems love teachers!  

Yup.  They loved our factory workers in manufacturing, coal miners, and auto workers once to.  

They have no idea what they're in for.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

to help its people? why did the wealthiest country to ever exist in history only could afford a measly 1200 one time check? Look how much Canada has helped its citizens. 

Why did they send billions to business who didn't even need a stimulus check and left the working class rotting away? 

people have been getting paid  $1000 a week to not work...how in the holy hell does that equal $1200.

Are you that freaking dumb? PPP loans in the billions to keep people getting paid and businesses open so they have a job to go back to. The fed backstopping the corporate debt markets so companies have access to the public debt and equity markets to keep millions of people employed. Do you not understand even basic economic theory? Do you understand that the government should not be handing out money to people not affected financially. 

and oh, just for fudge sake ..lets look at this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/13/june-2020-budget-deficit-coronavirus/

Now i know why you hate capitalism, you too dumb to understand it

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

And this just in, 5 months later, I STILL don't know anyone with COVID, nor do I know anyone who knows anyone else with COVID.

What a pandemic.

Me neither as of yet.

But have neighbors really nice people.  That know some people had it. Gave me sad stories :( 

8 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Lack of attention span. Teachers not able to spot abuse at home. Minor things for people like you who support child abuse.

Never mind that for many, many schools, the spring was a horrendous learning experience for the kids.  I won't put too much blame on the schools for how they handled something that was never in the districts' disaster continuity plans (Trump's fault obviously)

But the bigger concern now is that I'm not hearing of many places getting ready to provide a better online learning environment in the fall.  The schools are throwing it back at the politicians, who are making it impossible to plan for the school year without a clear plan for the return. 

This fall will be a mess in most states, with the students and the parents bearing the full weight of the ineptitude.   But according to the Penfields of the world, this is one of the attractive features of more government edicts & regulations.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And this just in, 5 months later, I STILL don't know anyone with COVID, nor do I know anyone who knows anyone else with COVID.

What a pandemic.

Same state, different world.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Same state, different world.   

I have a relative in northern NJ. 6 people in the household. None of them with COVID.

Actually, I have TWO households of relatives in northern NJ without COVID.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What a pandemic.

i know plenty of folks who have had it, prolly approaching close to 20 now. 

Out of those 20, i'd say about half being  being adults between 50-80..one person hospitalized, and that person was in ICU for two days and pretty damn sick.But this dude is a world traveler, and in ICU literally that  weekend in mid March when all the poop hit the fan, and treatment etc was no where near what is is today.

BTW,played golf with that dude the weekend before that, shaking hands ,  beers after..all regular golf stuff..but we did walk so prolly why i did not get it

The virus is not a hoax, the reality of what danger the virus poses is the real hoax.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I have a relative in northern NJ. 6 people in the household. None of them with COVID.

Were they tested?   Most of the people I know who were + for the virus or antibodies had few, if any symptoms.  Of course, others had severe battles.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

The virus is not a hoax, the reality of what danger the virus poses is the real hoax.

Which, in my estimation, makes the virus a hoax.

I said it back in March, the cure is worse than the disease. Now that I see how all these petty autocrats are respinding to it, I have no doubt what it's really all about.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Were they tested?   Most of the people I know who were + for the virus or antibodies had few, if any symptoms.  Of course, others had severe battles.

I couldn't tell you that.

Most of them are under the age of 50, with the exception of one individual who's 51.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Which, in my estimation, makes the virus a hoax.

I said it back in March, the cure is worse than the disease. Now that I see how all these petty autocrats are respinding to it, I have no doubt what it's really all about.

I couldn't tell you that.

Most of them are under the age of 50, with the exception of one individual who's 51.

It would be surprising that no one had it in a household of 6 in North NJ, especially if they're in a commuting county.  They're probably the outliers, not the norm up here.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

It would be surprising that no one had it in a household of 6 in North NJ, especially if they're in a commuting county.  They're probably the outliers, not the norm up here.

4 of the 6 are kids, and both adults have been locked down since this whole thing started. And yeah, they're about 10 minutes west of Newark.

Remember when this was about 14 days to "flatten the curve?"

12dkf6.jpg

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What a pandemic.

My cousin on Long Island had it then didnt then did then didnt then didnt then did then didnt then didnt so he could go back to work. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

4 of the 6 are kids, and both adults have been locked down since this whole thing started. And yeah, they're about 10 minutes west of Newark.

Remember when this was about 14 days to "flatten the curve?"

12dkf6.jpg

Newark & surrounding towns got hit hard.  Chances are the virus came & went in their home, especially with 4 kids.