The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I for one are rooting for Tex-ass & Flo-Rida to keep kicking ass on the low-deaths trend.  As they go, all things go now.  Sports & a little more normalcy (whatever the heck that is anymore) will happen if we don't see a big spike in deaths.

Edited by 123719bwiqrb

1 minute ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

I for one are rooting for Tex-ass & Flo-Rida to keep kicking ass on the low-deaths trend.  As they go, all things go now.  Sports & a little more normalcy (whatever the heck that is anymore) will happen if we don't see a big spike in deaths.

That would really be a best case scenario leading to that holy grail of herd immunity.

I find it interesting that we were told heat and humidity would kill the virus, and Texas and Florida have both in spades in July. And yet, this is either spreading or simply more people are being tested (can be both) in areas that the virus should have trouble surviving in for long periods of time.  Did I miss the post with this explanation?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, I could see what would happen with an edit button... something gets RTed a million times with one wording, and someone edits it to say something else. Even if the wording from the first 1M tweets did not change, problems would still exists.

It amazes me how much big tech wants to run our lives and make us comply. What next? Everyone wear a burka?  The "I know better than you do!" crowd of 20-30 year olds is getting on my last nerve.

The fact that Twitter felt the need to Tweet that is ***** pathetic and shines a bright light on who they are and who runs their company. I mean seriously. Who in the company has access to their account to Tweet?  How often do they Tweet and what is typically the nature of their Tweets?  

• Like (+1) 1

I mentioned it yesterday but we haven’t seen any real spike in deaths following last month’s protests. In Minnesota for example, the home of George Floyd, deaths peaked in May and have fallen ever since. It’s now over a month since Memorial Day and it’s just not happening. Not trying to make a political point here....just a factual observation.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That would really be a best case scenario leading to that holy grail of herd immunity.

I find it interesting that we were told heat and humidity would kill the virus, and Texas and Florida have both in spades in July. And yet, this is either spreading or simply more people are being tested (can be both) in areas that the virus should have trouble surviving in for long periods of time.  Did I miss the post with this explanation?

The heat and humidity thing was just more of the typical nonsense from the clown car of experts. You don’t get a cold from being cold. You get it from other people, especially when confined indoors in the winter months. So when people isolated themselves the case count went down. When they started to mix in public again, especially indoors, the cases went up. The real change has come in the age level and vulnerability of the people being infected. It’s mostly young people now...which is a good thing! It’s the same as when young children go to daycare or kindergarten. Every parent knows they’re going to come down with all sorts of new colds....but NOBODY closes the schools!

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The heat and humidity thing was just more of the typical nonsense from the clown car of experts. You don’t get a cold from being cold. You get it from other people, especially when confined indoors in the winter months. So when people isolated themselves the case count went down. When they started to mix in public again, especially indoors, the cases went up. The real change has come in the age level and vulnerability of the people being infected. It’s mostly young people now...which is a good thing! It’s the same as when young children go to daycare or kindergarten. Every parent knows they’re going to come down with all sorts of new colds....but NOBODY closes the schools!

Heat & humidity are not nonsense, it's proven that these types of viruses lose potency when temperatures & humidity rise.  The virus doesn't disappear in these conditions, and people should still practice proper protection guidelines, which clearly wasn't happening in some of the places that reopened. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Heat & humidity are not nonsense, it's proven that these types of viruses lose potency when temperatures & humidity rise.  The virus doesn't disappear in these conditions, and people should still practice proper protection guidelines, which clearly wasn't happening in some of the places that reopened. 

Heat and humidity don’t kill the virus. It LIVES in a warm humid place ....your body!

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Heat and humidity don’t kill the virus. It LIVES in a warm humid place ....your body!

If you want to get technical, temperatures above 120 or so do kill the virus.   Therefore, as atmospheric temperatures rise above 85, the virus weakens significantly.  Of course it doesn't die, but transmission rates are significantly lower in higher heat & humidity.  That doesn't mean that people shouldn't be smart about protecting themselves.

Edited by GG

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Even bigger is the Vitamin D from the sun. Could this be the difference between increased positive tests with decreased deaths as a percentage?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

If you want to get technical, temperatures above 120 or so do kill the virus.   Therefore, as atmospheric temperatures rise above 85, the virus weakens significantly.  Of course it doesn't die, but transmission rates are significantly lower in higher heat & humidity.  That doesn't mean that people should be smart about protecting themselves.

We agree there. No worries. My point is that to date the experts have been wrong on just about everything. Except for the advice for people to isolate in their basements...no sh&t! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Even bigger is the Vitamin D from the sun. Could this be the difference between increased positive tests with decreased deaths as a percentage?

My understanding is having proper Vitamin D levels helps in prevention.  Probably doesn't hurt in treatment, but I wouldn't peg that to increased cases.

To me, the cause is probably the most obvious, people were careless.   

Just now, GG said:

My understanding is having proper Vitamin D levels helps in prevention.  Probably doesn't hurt in treatment, but I wouldn't peg that to increased cases.

To me, the cause is probably the most obvious, people were careless.   

Yes. But the studies I saw was increasing ability to keep the lungs healthy due to proper vit D levels. My point is you could still test positive. Just doesnt affect you as much.

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Yes. But the studies I saw was increasing ability to keep the lungs healthy due to proper vit D levels. My point is you could still test positive. Just doesnt affect you as much.

There's much more knowledge about treatment now, that altogether is keeping hospitalizations & deaths below the disaster that happened in NY tristate.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Given our current population is about 330 million people it's not that much of a stretch.  Especially since the majority of cases are with younger people who are the most likely to frequent bars, night clubs, protests, gyms, etc...  Again, it's not a terrible thing that young people are being more exposed to this virus as it gets us closer to herd immunity.  Just stay the hell away from grandma for a month if you test positive.

...I agree...but to just throw new cases numbers out there for the feeding frenzy reeks of politicization.......and I'd bet it fuels the flames of the "anti crowd" as in ignoring any and all safeguard measures....remotely listening to those in some type of authority is DEAD in this country.............

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So.....

1. I take it Twitter doesn’t have an edit button. Why not?

2.  So they are our parents 

3.  Now I will never use Twitter. 

This board is 70% Twitter reposts so you are already. 

Edited by shoshin