The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, GG said:

NYPD doesn't put up barriers and block off 5 city blocks for a gathering of less than 50 people.   But you would know that if you weren't lazy to look up the details.

The funeral home just announced that it was set up as a funeral with social distancing, but the crowd refused to respect it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Your position is that this community's rabbis have been irresponsible with respect to this crisis.  If that were the case, this community would continue to outpace the city's infection & death statistics.  Does it?

Stay on topic.  Where's the link to the relevant part of the NYPD policy and procedure guidelines? Don't get lazy on me.  You have time to respond to others, so surely there is time to defend your assertion that the erection of barriers over a five-block span provided implied consent for the Williamsburg gathering in question. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Link? 

Here's the last time I'm doing your homework, Sue

Jewish community activist Isaac Abraham said the mayoral criticism rang hollow after large crowds congregated across the city earlier on Tuesday to watch the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds fly overhead.

“The crowd for the fighter jets today were around longer than the funeral,” Abraham said.

He also noted that the funeral was not a last-minute event that the city was unaware of.

Several NYPD precincts and their community affairs teams helped organize and control the event — setting up five blocks of barricades in advance to help with crowd control.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Your position is that this community's rabbis have been irresponsible with respect to this crisis.  If that were the case, this community would continue to outpace the city's infection & death statistics.  Does it?

I long ago realized that people who answer a question with a question don't have or don't want to give an answer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Here's the last time I'm doing your homework, Sue

Tickety tockety goes the clockety.  You linked to a NY Post story.  That's not the NYPD P&P manual.  And the Post story does not support your implied consent theory.  

Be better.  I know you can.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your laziness and intellectual dishonesty here is aberrative. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Tickety tockety goes the clockety.  You linked to a NY Post story.  That's not the NYPD P&P manual.  And the Post story does not support your implied consent theory.  

Be better.  I know you can.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your laziness and intellectual dishonesty here is aberrative. 

I'm sure he unrolled a Twitter thread to gain his wisdom

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

I long ago realized that people who answer a question with a question don't have or don't want to give an answer.

I answered your question and asked a follow up. 

Here's how this forum works.  If you bring up a point, it's up to you to defend it.  So again, has the irresponsible behavior of the rabbis (your words) lead to outsized growth in these communities in the last 2 weeks?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The funeral home just announced that it was set up as a funeral with social distancing, but the crowd refused to respect it.

Yet another clue in the mystery of why deBlasio was (rightfully) furious with the gathering. 

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Who are the "prog facists?"  And what makes those people "lazy and intellectually dishonest?"  

They're a cult like group that seeks to forcibly impose their will on others for the purpose of curing social ills they believe are rampant in society despite a dearth of supporting evidence, and tend to rely upon sanctimonious indignation, emotional pleas, and misrepresentation in lieu of facts and reason.

They tend to view large, ever expanding government, with ever increasing control over individuals' private and economic affairs as a panacea, provided that government is presided over by politicians in the Democrat party, as they are pure, virtuous, and self-sacrificing, caring only for the well-being of their fellow man.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Stay on topic.  Where's the link to the relevant part of the NYPD policy and procedure guidelines? Don't get lazy on me.  You have time to respond to others, so surely there is time to defend your assertion that the erection of barriers over a five-block span provided implied consent for the Williamsburg gathering in question. 

Here you go Sue.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

I answered your question and asked a follow up. 

Here's how this forum works.  If you bring up a point, it's up to you to defend it.  So again, has the irresponsible behavior of the rabbis (your words) lead to outsized growth in these communities in the last 2 weeks?

Actually the forum works however its users decide that it works.  

In any event, you brought up a point about the NYPD providing implied consent for the Williamsburg gathering in question.  When asked to "defend" your "point," you responded with a link to a NY Post article that is not responsive to the issue.  

That leaves us in a couple of bad places.  First, it could be that you're "lazy" and "intellectually dishonest."  I'm working hard to give you a pass on that one. 

Second, based on insinuations in your prior comments, it also could be that you're a closeted version of the "prog facists" of whom you complain.  

Getting a pass on the latter point is going to be a little dicier for you.  It pains me to say it, but I think there's no other option than to put you on the "suspect 'prog facist' " list.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Here you go Sue.

You are a lazy daisy today, GG.  Still no link to the NYPD P&P manual.  Could have been that you were talking out of your rear end before?

EDIT:  

This is from that Rob guy.  Looks like you might fit within his definition of "prog facist."  Sad!

"They're a cult like group that seeks to forcibly impose their will on others for the purpose of curing social ills they believe are rampant in society despite a dearth of supporting evidence, and tend to rely upon sanctimonious indignation, emotional pleas, and misrepresentation in lieu of facts and reason" (emphasis added). 

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I'm sure he unrolled a Twitter thread to gain his wisdom

How's your counter of Mueller indictments coming along?  Haven't seen too many guilty Flynn memes lately.

Just now, Rob's House said:

They're a cult like group that seeks to forcibly impose their will on others for the purpose of curing social ills they believe are rampant in society despite a dearth of supporting evidence, and tend to rely upon sanctimonious indignation, emotional pleas, and misrepresentation in lieu of facts and reason.

That's Cult 45

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

They tend to view large, ever expanding government, with ever increasing control over individuals' private and economic affairs as a panacea, provided that government is presided over by politicians in the Democrat party, as they are pure, virtuous, and self-sacrificing, caring only for the well-being of their fellow man.

I'll add that, due to the sheer quantity and specificity of the policies they wish to impose, they almost always conflict internally when examined as a whole.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 3