The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can’t keep up with Trump flipping back and forth all the time.

No wonder red state governors are so confused with our stable genius.

Too Soon’—Donald Trump Questions Georgia Reopening Barber Shops, Tattoo Parlors

Where is his flip.

Did Georgia get to Phase 1 of the guidelines?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are the internet version of cockroaches, scurrying around in the dark and infecting discussions with self-deluded, hypocritical diatribe - only to scatter when you shine the light of truth on them. Unfortunately, intellectually destroying their arguments doesn't kill them off. They just keep coming back because they have developed an immunity to logic, reason, and common sense, as well as the shame and humiliation they should feel at being so wrong, so often...

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

When did POTUS say Georgia should open back up?

Let me help you, he didn't.

Misleading.  When asked about the reopening plan the day before, Trump deferred to the Georgia governor and did not demand compliance with federal guidelines for reopening.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Misleading.  When asked about the reopening plan the day before, Trump deferred to the Georgia governor and did not demand compliance with federal guidelines for reopening.  

No misleading is saying he flipped, ne never said Georgia should open he let the Governor make the decision.

and when asked he said he disagrees with it. NOT A FLIP.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

No misleading is saying he flipped, ne never said Georgia should open he let the Governor make the decision.

Hoax. This is why you're on the hoax list. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did anyone watch the little Asian gal reporter yesterday? Young lady, you’re talking to the President of the United States! Show some respect before you start rolling your eyes! Where are the media outlets finding these people? I’m guessing they’re the last players left on the bench! Or....how about the guy wearing the mask? If I’m the Secret Service, I’m telling that guy we can’t have him around the President!

She's been horrible since the get-go, yet she is not even close to the worst one (Weijia Jiang from CBS for you boys that want to ogle her). Acosta is a clown show, but even he isn't the worst one. The worst one is Paula Reid from CBS (hmmm CBS again) whose husband has lots of ties to China. She is a disrespectful harpy, and as I have said before, they may not respect President Trump the person, but they need to show respect to the office he holds.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ah yes, the Meteorologist fallacy I brought up in a recent post.

"My Meteorologist said it would rain today but it was sunny ALL day! He's terrible at his job and should be fired!"

Sure, forget the fact that Silver has been statistically INCREDIBLY accurate since he came onto the scene in 2008. Forget the overall accuracy on the national stage of the elections of 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2018.

He got 2016 wrong... NO ONE should ever give him any credence because he got that 1 election really wrong! 

I guess the key to being a good populist is confirmation bias.

Don't believe me? Here's a direct quote from Pete Navarro just a couple years ago with regard to his job:

"My function, really, as an economist is to try to provide the underlying analytics that confirm his intuition. And his intuition is always right in these matters."

You can't make this %#$+ up :doh:

I think you are so tied up with emotional baggage you lose track of some of the fundamentals of simple human interaction.  You're so busy tossing around insults, making assumptions and as a result appear closed-minded and overwrought.  Let's try again.

You didn't suggest The Gospel According To Nate was an alternative to other polling data, the opinions of others, you stated as a matter of fact including your declarative statement "Except this is wrong" when bills59 shared his thoughts.   Given your stance, I thought it sensible to check out your source, and found the link to Silver's commentary on the election of 2016.  Why does it trouble you that I brought that up?  Did I misrepresent what he said?  Your commentary can best be summed up as "My guy is always right!" and you're exasperated when someone points out the obvious, that he's not?     All I'm suggesting is that some of this stuff isn't all that complicated, and as a pollster, I'd think  you would want to make your bones on the difficult to project, not the slam dunks.  Nate Silver missed the biggest political upset in the history of the country, and missed by a wide margin.  He wasn't close, his data was clearly skewed, and your explanation and reasoning is "He was only wrong because everyone else was too!'.  Call me crazy, but isn't it the job of the pollster to stand out from the crowd?  When you first started dating your wife, did you go with "I have the same limitations as everyone else!!!".  

You know who else was right on the outcome of many of the elections cited?  Me.  I had John McCain getting trounced 4 minutes into the first debate.  I had Romney getting rolled because he's an empty suit who had virtually no idea how to press an advantage with a vulnerable candidate, and who misunderstood that taking the high road did not mean allowing yourself to be cuckolded by your rival.  2018 was a no brainer, especially in light of the full on Russian assault by the dems, the DOJ, FBI and msm with a fairy tale that incredibly, people believed.  I missed on 2016 and Trump, just like Natestradaumus, but it's been perpetually satisfying ever since to remind people that polls are as good as the data that goes into them, and even then, sometimes not so much.

Let's agree to disagree.  I know you have fingered Joe Biden to be the next President, and you might be right. 

I also think you may have an Al Roker fetish, but to each his own. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Correct. 

And who's shocked JA/SectionC3 is once again back to his SOP when it comes to arguing: say something fake -- get BLASTED for it, then rather than admit he said something wrong, he calls others misleading and runs away. 

Because he's a coward who's here to troll, not have conversations. He's not worth the time to engage. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

And who's shocked JA/SectionC3 is once again back to his SOP when it comes to arguing: say something fake -- get BLASTED for it, then rather than admit he said something wrong, he calls others misleading and runs away. 

Because he's a coward who's here to troll, not have conversations. He's not worth the time to engage. 

Comments like this will not get you removed from the "snowflake" and "washed up psycho" lists. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Is there anyone left you haven't accused of being a racist?

Those who are not racist. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Comments like this will not get you removed from the "snowflake" and "washed up psycho" lists. 

What about the "insane alt right nutjob list"

Edited by Warren Zevon

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think you are so tied up with emotional baggage you lose track of some of the fundamentals of simple human interaction.  You're so busy tossing around insults, making assumptions and as a result appear closed-minded and overwrought.  Let's try again.

You didn't suggest The Gospel According To Nate was an alternative to other polling data, the opinions of others, you stated as a matter of fact including your declarative statement "Except this is wrong" when bills59 shared his thoughts.   Given your stance, I thought it sensible to check out your source, and found the link to Silver's commentary on the election of 2016.  Why does it trouble you that I brought that up?  Did I misrepresent what he said?  Your commentary can best be summed up as "My guy is always right!" and you're exasperated when someone points out the obvious, that he's not?     All I'm suggesting is that some of this stuff isn't all that complicated, and as a pollster, I'd think  you would want to make your bones on the difficult to project, not the slam dunks.  Nate Silver missed the biggest political upset in the history of the country, and missed by a wide margin.  He wasn't close, his data was clearly skewed, and your explanation and reasoning is "He was only wrong because everyone else was too!'.  Call me crazy, but isn't it the job of the pollster to stand out from the crowd?  When you first started dating your wife, did you go with "I have the same limitations as everyone else!!!".  

You know who else was right on the outcome of many of the elections cited?  Me.  I had John McCain getting trounced 4 minutes into the first debate.  I had Romney getting rolled because he's an empty suit who had virtually no idea how to press an advantage with a vulnerable candidate, and who misunderstood that taking the high road did not mean allowing yourself to be cuckolded by your rival.  2018 was a no brainer, especially in light of the full on Russian assault by the dems, the DOJ, FBI and msm with a fairy tale that incredibly, people believed.  I missed on 2016 and Trump, just like Natestradaumus, but it's been perpetually satisfying ever since to remind people that polls are as good as the data that goes into them, and even then, sometimes not so much.

Let's agree to disagree.  I know you have fingered Joe Biden to be the next President, and you might be right. 

I also think you may have an Al Roker fetish, but to each his own. 

You make a fair point about Silver's miss not being excused by the fact that basically everyone else missed, too.  Completely agree.  I suspect that 2016 was a tough year for pollsters because there was a lot more ditching of landlines by then than there was in 2012 and it might have been tougher to accurately sample.  But you're completely right; just because everyone else made a mistake doesn't mean that Silver's mistake is excused. 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Is there anyone left you haven't accused of being a racist? Don't you think it's time for a new schtick? 

So passé .....

Note: He has no problem accusing random internet people of racism -- but no time for calling out the pedos of the world or their enablers when the information is shared. Instead, he'd rather bury that information. 

Shows you everything you need to know about Gary. He's for stopping free speech but against stopping those who hurt kids. 

Because he's a bad person. Not a bad poster, a bad person. 

• Thank you (+1) 2