The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Considering that you can catch COVID-19 with respiratory droplets through your eyes, Masks offer very limited protection.  

Fauci was never a real believer in them to begin with and yesterday’s comments just add more to his muddled messaging.

None of the Scandinavian nations believe they are that effective.  The Dutch don’t either.   

The data in regards to  mask compliance regions in the Western world and infection rates don’t support it.

Again, I believe that they help on the margins and I wear them out of respect to my community.   But this is just another case where the media and their faithful viewers once again either overstate things or just get it flat out wrong.

Agreed on all counts, full face shields are much better because droplets can still get in the eyes. 

Just now, shoshin said:

Oh so the president of the United States didn’t bring up delaying elections because he only asked it as a question. Reassuring. 

It's called trolling you. And he did it beautifully. 

It's not his fault you can't differentiate between a question mark and a period. 

That's on you ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

Considering that you can catch COVID-19 with respiratory droplets through your eyes, Masks offer very limited protection.  

Fauci was never a real believer in them to begin with and yesterday’s comments just add more to his muddled messaging.

None of the Scandinavian nations believe they are that effective.  The Dutch don’t either.   

The data in regards to  mask compliance regions in the Western world and infection rates don’t support it.

Again, I believe that they help on the margins and I wear them out of respect to my community.   But this is just another case where the media and their faithful viewers once again either overstate things or just get it flat out wrong.

Their protection from catching is indeed limited. And yet masks aren’t advocated for that, for the millionth time. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not his fault you can't differentiate between a question mark and a period. 

That's on you ;) 

You'd rather a president troll than care about the 154K dead from Covid 19.

That's on you

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That's on you ;) 

I am not looking for my president to troll America about messing with elections. 

Just now, shoshin said:

I am not looking for my president to troll America about messing with elections. 

You don't have to. But it doesn't change the fact that's been his MO for 4 years. If you're still confused about that, it's on you. 

Reading is not that hard ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Their protection from catching is indeed limited. And yet masks aren’t advocated for that, for the millionth time. 

Despite all the real data that is available to us, you keep believing that they are an effective means of limiting viral spread.

Cognitive dissonance

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You'd rather a president troll than care about the 154K dead from Covid 19.

That's on you

You do know that number is bullcrap, right? There is a big difference of someone dying with the virus than because of the virus

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bilzfancy said:

You do know that number is bullcrap, right? There is a big difference of someone dying with the virus than because of the virus

Shh. He's busy losing his mind trying to troll. He's just really, really, bad at it. And the more he's been exposed as a bad person on this board, the more unhinged he's become. 

It's fan-fukking-tastic. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Shh. He's busy losing his mind trying to troll. He's just really, really, bad at it. And the more he's been exposed as a bad person on this board, the more unhinged he's become. 

It's fan-fukking-tastic. :lol: 

I don't think he's a troll. I just think he's got a stubborn mindset.  It's ok. It makes for discussion. Although, he's gotta be tired of being the PPP COVID-19 piñata as new data and analysis becomes available.  Ignoring that a virus is gonna virus has been a problem for many, myself included at times.

• Thank you (+1) 1