The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

I can't speak for others, but I criticize him for being a world-class narcissist among other things.   

I've often said, Trump is rude, crude, an egomaniac and a bully but there's little doubt all the good he's done for America without much help

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

I've often said, Trump is rude, crude, an egomaniac and a bully but there's little doubt all the good he's done for America without much help

I get it, he's done some good things and I'd much rather have him than Biden.

Indefinitely.  No plan.  No goal.  Just ruin.  

Still think you're "reopening?"  Nope.  Distanced for life.  

"New York City entered the fourth and final scheduled phase of its coronavirus reopening on Monday, but Mayor Bill de Blasio said there’s no timeline for when still-shuttered indoor facilities like restaurants, museums, theaters and malls will be able to open.

Until they do, the city's economy remains largely at a standstill. A report from the Partnership for New York City, first reported Monday by POLITICO, painted a bleak picture of the city's economic future. As many as one-third of the 230,000 or so small businesses across the city may close permanently."

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/07/20/new-york-citys-latest-reopening-phase-leaves-much-of-the-economy-still-frozen-1302326

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:52 PM, ALF said:

I put all the blame on the CDC , Dr Fauci and WHO for not warning the world early enough and not providing sound guidance.

Yet every other industrialized country has done a better job than the US.  Many while using data provided by the US.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, Magox said:

Just got done watching that DeSantis/Trump press mcdoodle, and you could see DeSantis was doing victory laps over the media.  He is the governor of my state and he's been doing that over the past few days.  You can see that it frustrated the hell out of him all the media teeth gnashing over the way they thought he had mishandled it.  He pointed out the facts and the facts show that the way he handled it was a hell of a lot better than most others.  And even though the weather helps the way they handled it in a much more surgical manner was a model for other states to follow.

He's doing such a good job.  
Congratulations on the victory.

More on T cell immunities 

——-Cross-reactive SARS-CoV-2 T-cell epitopes revealed preexisting T-cell responses in 81% of unexposed individuals, and validation of similarity to common cold human coronaviruses provided a functional basis for postulated heterologous immunity[9] in SARS-CoV-2 infection[10,11].——-

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

More on T cell immunities 

——-Cross-reactive SARS-CoV-2 T-cell epitopes revealed preexisting T-cell responses in 81% of unexposed individuals, and validation of similarity to common cold human coronaviruses provided a functional basis for postulated heterologous immunity[9] in SARS-CoV-2 infection[10,11].——-

Uhhhhhhhh ok.

5 hours ago, Magox said:

I can't speak for others, but I criticize him for being a world-class narcissist among other things.   

You omitted thin-skinned. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just read the "call your shot will the season open on time?" thread.   

Not going to reply in there.  Freaking depressing.

It's not so much that people are scared (I don't know how you can live like this).  Its the complete lack of logic.  Or something else..

Can anyone (especially Team Lockdown) please explain to me at what metric, absent a vaccine or cure, are we supposed to believe we will be open again?  Sorry, waiting on those, that isn't a policy.   

And if you have a metric, I want to see where it exists in a government guideline.  They are there---but if you were paying attention they completely made them up as they go.  New York is in its last phase.  Still basically closed.  The politicians are governing as if the goal is no cases or prevent just one new case.  So everything is Distanced.  Limited or zero capacity.  

This is absolutely unacceptable.  It's why Trump is exactly right to say "time to accept it as part of life."  There are 10s of millions of people with an airborne virus.  When is it ever going away?  China (allegedly) and even Hong Kong--look at what they've done at the news of a few dozen cases.  

At what point based on how countries with virtually zero outbreaks have resumed, do you not conclude - "we will never be at capacity and no distance limits."   And thus, no life.  That isn't living.  

What in your terrified mind, is the magic metric you are looking for?  

And what do you think is the timeframe to get there?   

Because I don't believe this metric you seek, exists.     

And I'm sick and tired of idiots complaining about cases with zero context.  You need to start (like 3 months ago) explaining what you believe the justification for this is and what the goals are.  

YOU (Team Lockdown) and me are currently living thru the biggest breach of trust ever, and you (Team Lockdown) don't seem to care.  At all.  Its freaking bizarre.  It's why people like me can only conclude this is about getting thru the election then figure it out.    

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just read the "call your shot will the season open on time?" thread.   

Not going to reply in there.  Freaking depressing.

It's not so much that people are scared (I don't know how you can live like this).  Its the complete lack of logic.  Or something else..

Can anyone (especially Team Lockdown) please explain to me at what metric, absent a vaccine or cure, are we supposed to believe we will be open again?  Sorry, waiting on those, that isn't a policy.   

And if you have a metric, I want to see where it exists in a government guideline. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/php/CDC-Activities-Initiatives-for-COVID-19-Response.pdf

I don't think a single state met the criteria.  If there were any, I bet you could count them on one hand.

It's why Trump is exactly right to say "time to accept it as part of life."

I'd accept it if we could keep the reproduction number to below 1.  That hasn't happened.

YOU (Team Lockdown) and me are currently living thru the biggest breach of trust ever, and you (Team Lockdown) don't seem to care.

From where I sit, it is you who doesn't care.

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/php/CDC-Activities-Initiatives-for-COVID-19-Response.pdf

I don't think a single state met the criteria.  If there were any, I bet you could count them on one hand.

I'd accept it if we could keep the reproduction number to below 1.  That hasn't happened.

From where I sit, it is you who doesn't care.

So the R number.  That's it?  

There is no way to accurately measure Rt number and use it as a metric to open and the fact that it constantly changes makes it meaningless.  Its like analytics.  Math used to confirm what your eyes already tell you. 

I followed this for about a month and watched it as it one point all but 5 states were green......then all but 5 were red.  https://rt.live/    Florida is about to be below 1.  You think anyone will talk about that as significant and call to stop worrying about Florida?  And NY is moving over 1.  Didn't they do everything right??  Check out Virginia to.  We were green for 6 weeks.  

So its clearly more then just this number.  It it was 45 States would have been open in late April/early May.

And you're right.  I don't care for this strategy. 

We should be full open as normal, here are the risks and the precautions you, the individual should be free to take. 

If a locality has a hospitalization issue, that locality should handle it.  The localities should be divided by Regions and the Goveror giving weekly updates on the status of each.  It is not in their job description to micromanage a freaking virus spread the world over.  At worst, you get exactly what's happened.  No one trusts them.