Some Willis Chat Highlights

Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen (Buffalo, NY): Willis, is your knee now 100%?

Willis McGahee: The knee is doing good. I'm at 100 percent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JP (Buffalo): How did the locker room react to the Bills choosing Losman over Bledsoe and do you and Losman and Lee Evans see yourselves as the guys who can get this team over the edge?

Willis McGahee: I don't really know. I wasn't there when the decision was made. Nobody was really. Everyone was at home.

Scott (Dallas): Willis, how do you think your running the ball will be affected by having a virtual rookie quarterback?

Willis McGahee: It's a team effort, you know. The better the line plays, the better I will run, the better JP will be.

Julio (Bronx): Willis, how do you feel about the whole steroids issue in sports today? How many football players do you think take steroids?

Willis McGahee: My whole thing on steroids is they let them get away with it for so long why are they stopping them now? :unsure:

Kevin (Buffalo): is their any resntment between you and travis henry?

Willis McGahee: Not at all. We are good friends.

Mike: Is Buffalo a place you could realy see spending a majority of your career?

Willis McGahee: If they pay me.

Willis McGahee: If they pay to keep me, yes.

Jesten WI: In your opinon who is the best player in the NFL right now?

Willis McGahee: That would have to be Willis McGahee.

Nick (Shakopee): Where do you think Travis Henry will be playing football this year?

Willis McGahee: Probably Buffalo with me.

Rocky (Lebanon): Can you and Travis really coexist?

Willis McGahee: Yes. Surely can.

Eric(DC): Do you expect Loseman to have a Rothlisberger esque year next season?

Willis McGahee: He's capable. Why not?

ben (ny): if you play really well this season will you ask to renegotiate your contract?

Willis McGahee: I don't know, Ben. You will have to wait and see.

Incogneto (Jersey): In Mcgahee's opinion, who's the most beautiful woman on this planet?

Willis McGahee: Dida (sp?) Guerrero.

shawn (buffalo): Willis how is life as a father?

Willis McGahee: What are you talkin' about, man?

Steve (Corning, NY): Willis, The Bills fans message board has been filled with threads trying to come up with the best nick name for you. Do you have a nick name? Is there a nick name that you like?

Willis McGahee: Of course ... Horse.

Ryan (Buffalo NY): How much of a setback in the offense do you expect with the loss of Drew?

Willis McGahee: None whatsoever.

jake (rochester,ny): how do the girls look in buffalo

Willis McGahee: You should know more than me.. you've probably been around that area longer!

Mike: Is Buffalo a place you could realy see spending a majority of your career?

ben (ny): if you play really well this season will you ask to renegotiate your contract?

Willis McGahee: I don't know, Ben. You will have to wait and see.

304135[/snapback]

these responses give me the uneasy feeling that in 2007 TSW will be having another 'trade him because he's not gonna re-sign' debate :unsure:

these responses give me the uneasy feeling that in 2007 TSW will be having another 'trade him because he's not gonna re-sign' debate  :unsure:

304155[/snapback]

Yep, but I guess WM's no different than any other high profile player. They all know they can find someone to pony up the big bucks.

If there's any kind of silver lining to that possibility, however, I still feel RB is the easiest position to replace. If WM wants to be paid like the #1 RB in the league in 2007, then TD should be able to package him in a nice deal that benefits both sides.

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

304182[/snapback]

On the first part of the journey

I was looking at all the life

There were plants and birds and rocks and things

There was sand and hills and rings

The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz

And the sky with no clouds

The heat was hot and the ground was dry

But the air was full of sound

I love the guy as a football player and will cheer for him as loud as any Bills fan but I didnt like the answers he gave today. He seems to be a bit cocky and arrogant. Not loving his attitude during the chat.

Doesnt seem taht loyal to a team that drafted him when nobody would take the gamble. Also he seems ike he doesnt have confidence in the offense either. Also if he thinks vid guerra is the hottest woman on earth....then he should look at my avatar. Shes got the bets ass in the world but her face isnt anything special.

Incogneto (Jersey): In Mcgahee's opinion, who's the most beautiful woman on this planet?

Willis McGahee: Dida (sp?) Guerrero.

Funny stuff.

these responses give me the uneasy feeling that in 2007 TSW will be having another 'trade him because he's not gonna re-sign' debate  :angry:

304155[/snapback]

TSW will be having these types of discussions until we become a money-less society (in other words, forever).

Remember, you can never have too little to B word about. :unsure:

Fezmid's gonna be pissed. :angry:

304180[/snapback]

Why would I be pissed? Because a player is feeding the company line? :unsure:

All I've said (over and over and over) is that we don't know what JPL will bring to the table this year. Nobody does. He could be an improvement. He could be the same. He could be a detriment. Nobody, even the coaching staff, knows for sure.

Remember, the coaches (and all the fans) thought that RJ was going to take us to the Superbowl.

Besides, WM also said he's the best player in the NFL. So you have to take what he says with a grain of salt :)

CW

This may have been my favorite:

Steve (Corning, NY): Willis, The Bills fans message board has been filled with threads trying to come up with the best nick name for you. Do you have a nick name? Is there a nick name that you like?

Willis McGahee: Of course ... Horse.

Of course, now we can say he is stampeding over the other team's defenders. Or their entire defense.

I just hope he wasn't implying it in the Travis Hafner sense.

I think we should change it to Big Cat

304171[/snapback]

On that note, a friend of mine was out at the bars downtown 2 or 3 weeks ago and the following occurred. After seeing Josh Reed and Kevin Thomas at a hot dog stand, my friend Tim was walking from one bar to another when he sees Losman crossing the street. Tim is a huge bills fan(at the time according to him a "super cocked" bills fan). He yells "YO JP!!!!!!!" and JP just shouts back "What up Playa!?"

Enjoy, at the very least I foudn this pretty funny.

Jim (phoenix,az): What football player influenced you the most when you were gorwing up

Willis McGahee: Deion Sanders. Just his arrogance and showboating. One day I will be like that guy.

rofl, one of my favorites:

Funny stuff. At least the guy is honest about his ego, and he challenged people to a game of madden rofl.

On that note, a friend of mine was out at the bars downtown 2 or 3 weeks ago and the following occurred.  After seeing Josh Reed and Kevin Thomas at a hot dog stand, my friend Tim was walking from one bar to another when he sees Losman crossing the street.  Tim is a huge bills fan(at the time according to him a "super cocked" bills fan).  He yells "YO JP!!!!!!!" and JP just shouts back "What up Playa!?"

Enjoy, at the very  least I foudn this pretty funny.

304316[/snapback]

You telling us that JP is really that chinese kid Ricky in those stop racisim commericials???

JP (Buffalo): How did the locker room react to the Bills choosing Losman over Bledsoe and do you and Losman and Lee Evans see yourselves as the guys who can get this team over the edge?

304135[/snapback]

Losman, you would probably hide your identity a little bit more if you didn't use "JP" as your name.

Chat

304135[/snapback]

ROFL Cockiness I love it. Hopefully he stays around buffalo for a very long time. :D

Stupid question. Where do I go to find the chat in Insider. I am a member but when I click on the link that is posted above, it asks me to sign in and then takes me to the Insider home page.

crazyDingo (Vegas): Willis, you sound selfish and small. You seem like a microcosm of everything ugly in pro sports. Hard workin folks in Buffalo have ZERO patience for me-first crap. We ship that stuff to Miami.

Willis McGahee: Yo, least I got the right agent. What's a michlocronism?

What a contrast between WM's attitude and that of Travis Hafner. Yeah, I know that $7m/3 yrs aint peanuts and baseball contracts are guaranteed, yada, yada, but it's refreshing to hear a player express appreciation for playing in a rust belt city, his teammates and not making it all about money.

CLEVELAND Apr 13, 2005 — Travis Hafner signed a $7 million, three-year contract with the Indians on Wednesday.

Hafner, whose agreement could be worth $11.5 million over four seasons, hit .311 last year with 28 homers and 109 RBIs as the team's designated hitter.

Hafner, 27, known as "Pronk," said he liked the financial security of signing a multiyear contract and wanted to remain in Cleveland.

"I just love playing here," Hafner said. "It was really, in the end, an easy decision."

General manager Mark Shapiro said Hafner is so devoted to his teammates that he wanted his new contract to include incentives based on team performance, but the organization couldn't do that under the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Fezmid's gonna be pissed. :lol:

304180[/snapback]

When things go wrong, who do you think the geniuses in here and in the media will blame?

Surely, not the line becuz we have a better guy under center and our beloved receivers don't drop any balls or fumble them at the most innopportune times.

Xactly!

It will be DB fault!!! :D

;)