Apollo Creed....overrated?

Beast

Apollo Creed never died. He was knocked out pretty hard in his last fight, but survived. That said, Ivan Drago was extremely offended by his "I want you" taunts before the fight.

Apollo was rushed to the hospital where he made a miraculous recovery. But Russian Mobsters snuck into his hospital room, and cut off his hand to teach him a lesson. He ratted them out, and went in the witnesses protection program as a golf instructor.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I mean, I saw him in action three time.

Won by a split decision.

Got knocked out.

Got killed.

Was he really ever good or was the heavyweight division a pushover before Balboa came on the scene?

Bite your mother ***** tongue!!!

The Prince of Punch as 47-1, with 46 victories coming by way of knockout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Creed

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bite your mother ***** tongue!!!

The Prince of Punch as 47-1, with 46 victories coming by way of knockout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Creed

Besides Balboa, who’d Creed beat that was a tough opponent?

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Apollo was a better fighter than Rocky.  He just let his pride/arrogance get in the way.

If he'd only listened to Duke's advise in the 15th round of just stick and move 

public pressure got to him after the first fight. He needed the KO and it cost him the belt.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Apollo Creed never died. He was knocked out pretty hard in his last fight, but survived. That said, Ivan Drago was extremely offended by his "I want you" taunts before the fight.

Apollo was rushed to the hospital where he made a miraculous recovery. But Russian Mobsters snuck into his hospital room, and cut off his hand to teach him a lesson. He ratted them out, and went in the witnesses protection program as a golf instructor.

This is perfect.... lol

13 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Besides Balboa, who’d Creed beat that was a tough opponent?

I think his first dozen or so wins were against Girl Scouts who were just trying to move some cookies. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think his first dozen or so wins were against Girl Scouts who were just trying to move some cookies. 

Right?

Goes to say he fought a lot of Glass Joe’s in his career.

Balboa had like 23 losses and he gave him a shot.

I’m sure there were many less talented Balboa’s in Creed’s win streak.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

15 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Per Rocky at 0:18 ain't nobody ever bettter

In possibly one of the most poignant displays of Hollywood's hubris of all time, Michael B Jordan, when asked by an interviewer about who he'd like to box in real life, actually said Roy Jones Jr.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Per Rocky at 0:18 ain't nobody ever bettter

Drago caused serious brain damage to Rocky so we really can’t take what he says seriously....plus he was probably trying to make the kid feel good about his Dad, even though Balboa had a hand in his death.

Throw the towel!

D376AED7-C044-4250-97A8-C29344AA7F6F.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Drago caused serious brain damage to Rocky so we really can’t take what he says seriously....plus he was probably trying to make the kid feel good about his Dad, even though Balboa had a hand in his death.

Throw the towel!

D376AED7-C044-4250-97A8-C29344AA7F6F.jpeg

In the clip he actually did not know that was his son yet when he said that.

But yeah how’d he go from having severe brain damage in Rocky 5 to running his own restaurant? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

In the clip he actually did not know that was his son yet when he said that.

But yeah how’d he go from having severe brain damage in Rocky 5 to running his own restaurant? 

Back in my banking days they told me anyone who opened a restaurant HAD TO HAVE brain damage. They had a pretty solid point there. They come, they go, they come, they go.......mostly they go....

• Haha (+1) 2

Creed died at 43 in 1985.  I STILL think had he lived, he would have been able to knock out a young Mike Tyson.

Balboa wouldn't even fight Gerry Cooney, for Christ's sakes.

Creed was the real deal.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

american GIF

To the younger crowd out there: Raise your hand if you have no idea what's being discussed here. If you do, please immediately go watch Rocky 4.

3 was the best, Mr T in the theatre when it came out was the greatest villain ever